.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old January 31st, 2011, 02:37 AM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "A Song of Ice and Fire", veterans-only game, MA. In progress, midgame...

Actually, I wouldn't mind if the game was just gone. It's become quite tiresome. Who's winning, anyway?

I occasionally post something useful.
Old January 31st, 2011, 04:53 AM

First Lieutenant

Corwin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "A Song of Ice and Fire", veterans-only game, MA. In progress, midgame...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPraetorious View Post
So did the game omni-stale or not?
I hope not.
Old January 31st, 2011, 12:19 PM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road

This game will never die!

Eventually, Pythium will start wishing for armagedddons, and I will have ritually murdered the entire population of the southern continent. Thus, I will be running low on demons, Pythium will wear me down with his superior gem income.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old January 31st, 2011, 12:47 PM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road

I'd wish for armageddon if I had gems!
Heck I'd alchemize all gems to pearls if I had any gems!
I'd alchemize my tartarians to gems if it were possible!

Tho it would be interesting if say a certain blood nation cast AC perhaps?
Old January 31st, 2011, 12:47 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPraetorious View Post
This game will never die!

Eventually, Pythium will start wishing for armagedddons, and I will have ritually murdered the entire population of the southern continent. Thus, I will be running low on demons, Pythium will wear me down with his superior gem income.

Heh. No, no Armageddons, I promise. I will live or die by the strength (or lack of) of my armies and tactics, not by any type of global "I won!"-style spells.

To Executor: You are forgetting that AC is prohibited in this game, as well as Burden of Time and Forge of Ancients. BTW if I had any astral gems left each turn I would dispell your bloody GoH. Alas astral is the most in-demand gem type for me, I don't have enough of it as it is.
Old January 31st, 2011, 12:54 PM

Major General

Blah, where's the fun if I can't go on a suicidal globals rampage...
At least Armageddon is allowed, muhahahahahah!

EDIT> I spent the first 50 turns saving gems for GoH. I very much doubt if can be dispeled or overcast.

Tell me about it, I've been meaning to summon a Golem for about 40 turns now...
Old February 1st, 2011, 04:17 AM

First Lieutenant

Dimaz is on a distinguished road

Nice battle defending that castle Executor, now you have an extra Ember lord
Old February 1st, 2011, 08:03 AM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaz View Post
Brainwashed Ember Lord, which had to be re-equiped and GORed to be of much use. But still...

Yes, I've underestimated hom much stuff Executor has managed to get to that castle over the last few turns. And I couldn't afford to lose a turn on a scout to peek inside. Aye, good job Executor.

If only my stupid Sea King SC would manage to push to the castle gate, this whole thing may had gone differently...

And to add insult to the injury, I've made a stupid mistake on not leaving a single commander on siege duty when ordering storm, damnit.

On a positive note - I've managed to ambush and annihilate two of the Jotun's devil armies, both in a single province. Giants should not split their force like. Too bad their blood SCs have escaped, but still it was an important victory for Pythium - it made the dangerious position of my southern army a bit more stable.

To Executor - so are you planning to just sit on our central front doing nothing? I thought you said you were going to wipe out "my pesky reinforcements", now that you got your bottleneck castle back and rebuild the lab. If you want to achieve a breakthrough you will have to deal with my army there - I am not going to attack you on this front in the near future, since the time is working for me - I have plenty of opportunities to advance on other fronts against you and Jotun, where I do not face such strong opposition. Not to mention I have higher gem income. You, however, will have to come through me, since you can't afford to go around me and leave me in your back.
Old February 1st, 2011, 08:25 AM

Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaz View Post
Yes! They dare invade us? The mighty Ermor will use Pythiums enslaved minions to punish them for their insolence!

That battle went a little wrong for me actually...

Hehehe, sit back? No, no, no.
I've pushed you back on the central front, now the southern front as well. I already made you fall back once in the seas, soon I will do so again.
Which leaves you only with the northern front.
I see your army is still just camping outside although you've broken my gates.
Shame, I rater hoped you'd storm that castle as well.

You've had limited success against me in the past, before Jotun and TC joined. So I think it may be time to throw everything I've got at you, and hopefully TC and Jotun will do the same. I wonder if you can deal with all of us.
Old February 1st, 2011, 09:15 AM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road

Ouch. Well, he's dealing with me fairly well. Admittedly, I screwed up - proper scripting wouldn't have won me those fights, but would've caused him substantial losses, at least .
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe