.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old October 25th, 2010, 02:00 AM

First Lieutenant

Dimaz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "A Song of Ice and Fire", veterans-only game, MA. In progress, midgame...

I agree, very nice collection. To deal with all the mess I ask for 24h extension
Old October 25th, 2010, 02:12 AM

First Lieutenant

Corwin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "A Song of Ice and Fire", veterans-only game, MA. In progress, midgame...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
Tartarians, Harbingers, Angels of Fury, Wendigos, Elemental Royalty, Cyclops, Ember Lords, Great Krakens, Horrors...
What else have you got there Pythium?

Few other things that I am currently holding back, to defend against other aces Vanheim is likely to have up their sleeves...

Although to be fair some of the things you have mentioned I only have in a single quantity. But I like diversity.

I have to say you have a good spy network, Lord of Death.

That was an intense turn. Me and Van had about 40 battles all over the map. But as a net result I got a grant total of one province. And Van has besieged and demolished walls of my castle.

This is going to be an interesting war...
Old October 25th, 2010, 02:13 AM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaz View Post
I agree, very nice collection. To deal with all the mess I ask for 24h extension
All right.
Old October 25th, 2010, 02:38 AM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
Few other things that I am currently holding back, to defend against other aces Vanheim is likely to have up their sleeves...
Yeah, I saw Asynjas too, and shall I say some interesting summons that make me suspect a special site or two... Hm, and how 'bout that Seraph...
Old October 27th, 2010, 02:24 AM

First Lieutenant

Since several current players have not been in the game from the beginning, and since we are on turn 54 already, here is a quick reminder about this SoIaF game rules:

We have 3 banned spells in our game - Forge, Arcane Nexus and Astral Corruption.
Old October 27th, 2010, 02:21 PM

First Lieutenant

Dimaz is on a distinguished road

Well, that was a nice battle. Probably with the forces from TC front I had a chance..
Old October 27th, 2010, 06:46 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaz View Post
Well, that was a nice battle. Probably with the forces from TC front I had a chance..
Yes, good battle. I had much higher casualties that I've expected. Plus my huge communion was wiped out.

I made one big mistake in this battle - I forgot that Gaya's Blessing does not stack with Storm Warriors. So I only had 50% lighting resistance when I casted Wrathful Skies, instead of 100% as I've planned.

Even thought your army had 75% lighting vulnerability, as I've expected, due to your casting Army of Lead, and I had 50% lighting resistance from Gaya Blessing, in addition to my battlefield-wise Luck and "Life after death", I think wrathful skies still has hurt me more then it hurt you, because most of your army were high-hp regenerating sea trolls and storm demons.

In any case it has certainly resulted in higher casualties on both sides, including our commanders.

Yes, I think with your troops from TC front you would had a decent chance of victory in this battle. But then again if my main army had attacked last turn as expected, rather than sit in my castle due to wrong moving orders, there is 50% chance that it would only had to fight half of your combined army last turn. In that scenario I would just go after your capital while letting you to besiege/storm my border castle, which would likely force you to abandon its siege and rush back to defend your capital.

Anyway, good battle. Well fought Dimaz.
Old October 27th, 2010, 11:18 PM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

Damn!@ Dimaz. You kicked my butt. Serious humiliation there. As a lone caveat, I was not expecting a counterattack on my siege. I was lazy and was waiting to set them up for a storming battle. I had even sent my Grendelkins out raiding, when they should have stayed put. My defense looked like something the AI might have come up with

The only good thing to come out of it was that now I have some income again. That damn army was sucking me dry of gold. I won't underestimate your aggressiveness again.

And yes, your battle with Pythium was excellent. I was convinced you had it won, even after you cast army of gold and made everyone susceptible to lightning. I think that one came down to you not having any SCs, and Pythium had several, and plenty of undead summoning to fill out the chaff ranks. Still, you cost Pyth an entire communion squad. Well done against me for sure, but against Pyth as well.

I occasionally post something useful.
Old October 28th, 2010, 12:18 AM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingchih View Post
And yes, your battle with Pythium was excellent. I was convinced you had it won, even after you cast army of gold and made everyone susceptible to lightning. I think that one came down to you not having any SCs, and Pythium had several, and plenty of undead summoning to fill out the chaff ranks.
Actually Vans had SCs in that battle. I've counted at least 3 fully equiped Sea Kings. There were just difficult to see among horde of mistformed sea trolls. I've killed ay least one of them in a duel with my own SC.
Old October 28th, 2010, 12:55 AM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingchih View Post
And yes, your battle with Pythium was excellent. I was convinced you had it won, even after you cast army of gold and made everyone susceptible to lightning. I think that one came down to you not having any SCs, and Pythium had several, and plenty of undead summoning to fill out the chaff ranks.
Actually Vans had SCs in that battle. I've counted at least 3 fully equiped Sea Kings. There were just difficult to see among horde of mistformed sea trolls. I've killed ay least one of them in a duel with my own SC.
Yeah, I saw them. Sea Kings are thugs, not SCs.

I occasionally post something useful.