.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old February 16th, 2013, 10:17 AM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game,HoC - House of Chains. Non NewB. Submit Pretenders

Excuse me? Not even a hint? That's where we left it off if I remember. I guess I'm breaking the rules by posting this PM but I'll live with it.
You never rejected my proposal. I asked you want you wanted and never stated anything, instead you wanted to know what I'd offer. And 60 gems + what you got/would get from my provinces isn't weak at all, considering the turn. I also offered to forge you any items I can at my forging prices, which is 25-40% off.
You never said that was a weak offer or demanded more gems or items or gold or whatever.

It also kind of sounds we were making an agreement. Further more there was plenty of time to answer me and just say "No deal" or to redo the turn since I asked WL for an extension just so I could get your answer.

And yes, when someone does something I consider bad mannered I'll post about it in the game thread and warn the other players. I won't hound you in other threads and games about it but I sure will comment on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcryst
So I'm having trouble scripting my army to basically retreat from my gains this turn and just meekly hand them over. I think if we're going to come an agreement, at minimum its going to have to include some provinces changing hands semi permanently (at least until Ermor is defeated).

I suspect you are going to balk at this and that we'll run out of time attempting to negotiate anything and that we'll end up continuing to fight simply because we can agree to terms we both want to live with.

Also, don't misunderstand my statements earlier - I definitely will do everything in my power to attempt to win every game I play in, but I'm also not foolish enough to expect to win a game with this many veteran players, given that its my 3rd MP game. What I was trying to convey was the fact that I'm not going to get upset one way or another. Every game is a learning experience for me and I probably will learn a lot more from my mistakes than from my successes.

Anyways - I won't carry grudges from game to game unless you act in an offensive manner, which you haven't thus far.
I have no problem about you remaining in control of a few selected provinces for a little while, it's quite reasonable. We only need to work out the details and coordinate how to make it less, well hurtful for me.
If you have any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them.

What I would suggest is moving your Slanns from 101 and 82 to province 93 if they can handle 15 PD. It's gonna cost me a bit in terms of nature mages but I guess I'll have to handle that. You'll find a lab there from which you can teleport back home or to Ermor or communion them for returning when I send a small squad to regain control of the province.

As for those in 81, I'm not sure. Maybe you could build a lab? You really should have given them gems to cast returning.

I suppose all the gems and gold you'll need for those endeavors can be collected from the occupied provinces.

Another option would be to move all Slans to 90 and build a lab, but the province has 30 PD (remnants of the monkey war) and it would take an extra turn to do it.

The rest shouldn't be a problem I think. You can retreat the mages and the pretender over 123 while keeping your forces in 116 with the Gate Stone dude for one more turn, or not. You can overtax the province at 200% while patroling to get some cash, I've been doing it for a very long time now.
Either way is good.

Let me know what you think how we should proceed.
Old February 16th, 2013, 10:39 AM

Corporal

starcryst is on a distinguished road

You sent that offer and I never responded. I have no clue how that equates to a deal in your mind, especially when I specifically said in my very last PM to you that I expected we'd run out of time on a deal and just continue fighting.

You don't think that just assuming we had a deal despite the fact we never agreed on one is just a bit presumptuous? I personally never assume I have a deal until I have it in writing. But at minimum you should have the other person at least SAY you have a deal - which I never did.

You can think that I was acting underhanded if you want, but the reality is that I was on business fund raising for my company in San Fran that entire week and Dom3 was not the most important thing on my mind right then. I scripted my turn to continue to attack you and then waited to see if you'd offer a deal that I could live with. You didn't, and so I didn't change my strat.

The path for retreat you suggested was always the path I intended to use to recombine my slaans with my main army. You apparently think I was being deceptive and acting like we had a deal in place, but I was just doing what I planned all along - damaging your economy as much as possible in the first stage of the war and then combining my forces to try and knock down your forts one at a time.

I'm very sorry that you believe I manipulated you into not responding for a couple of turns. That was never my intent - in fact, I would have welcomed an opportunity to try and destroy your army in the field as I actually don't want to try and siege your cap with your forces in there defending. Whether I would have succeeded or not is in question, but having you not respond for two turns actually works against my goal of bringing this war to an early resolution (one way or another).

And you seem to think that getting 60 gems and the income from half a dozen provinces for a few turns was fair compensation for my attack. I lost more than that in gems from my pretender dying and when you consider the losses for the whole campaign, at best I'd have broken even and had nothing to show for it long term.

Also I don't need forging (which I told you) I need gems and cash in very large quantities so that I can create more Slaans. My whole strat is based on slaans in support of holy summoned troops - forged gear is nice, but not central to my strat (slaans have no hand, feet, head or chest slots).

I really don't want to make an enemy here of another player. As you know from the poor way that I used my pretender, I am a very new player and I'm still learning both the game and the expected behavior in the Dom3 community.

But I also don't want to get a reputation, which I believe is undeserved in this case, for underhanded diplomacy. However you thought things went down, I never intended to deceive you. In the future, I'll be explicit and say "no deal" as you suggest. I (mistakenly) assumed that you'd behave as if we were still at war until we had an actual agreement in place. If you were truly acting as if we had an agreement, then I'm sorry it went down the way it did.
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:57 PM

Sergeant

Corinthian is on a distinguished road

Dont you think this map is unfair? I search all my lands almost completely, but I still have less gem income than the neighboring lizards and their much smaller lands. But now things are changing. Finally, after so many months of lizard death scales and overtaxing, the dead in Itza almost outnumbers the living. And what the skeptical hippo does not realize is that just like old people, the dead always vote!

In this latest election we saw the entire northern caucus switch from red to purple in the biggest political reshuffling that this game has seen thus far!

Sorry starcryst. This is not about Executor, but rather about the fact that after the dwarves are dead, I will be your only land neighbor and only viable expansion vector. And frankly, I feel it would be better to start this inevitable war on my conditions rather than yours.

For the rest of you who are unsure, this is probably the optimal time to gang me btw.
Old March 10th, 2013, 04:01 PM

Major General

Congrats Corinthian. It was interesting watching, what little I could, how fast you devoured Orge Kingdom.

If you don't mind sharing, I would like to know your build once the game is officially over. You menages to stay ahead with research while reanimating and also have a good gem lead, especially with how ridiculous site searching was (at least for me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian View Post
For the rest of you who are unsure, this is probably the optimal time to gang me btw.
When the game leader says something along these lines it usually means the game is all ready over btw.
Old March 11th, 2013, 11:02 AM

Sergeant

Oh yea, I am totally gonna write a brief AAR on this once it is over. Because I had all manners of novel ideas in this game that I have not seen anyone use before.

As for my overall build, I chose to play ermor because I wanted to use this picture in a conversation with my enemies.

Well, that never happened so I'm posting it now instead.

Other things: Itza has been staling for two turns in a row now. I think it is safe to say that he has gone AWOL on us. We should do something about that, because although I hold his lands, his armies are still mostly intact and although I doubt he can win anymore, he can still decide the outcome of the game.

Also, something is seriously wrong with the dwarves if you look at the research graph. I have heard about research flat-lining. but in this case the dwarves actually have negative research! They are losing knowledge of magic! I know that mages can get feebleminded in the late winter but this is ridiculous!

Last edited by Corinthian; March 11th, 2013 at 11:23 AM..
Old March 11th, 2013, 06:00 PM

Sergeant

I am not kidding about the dwarven research graph btw.

Seriously Executor, who did you hand over the game to? Because this is absurd!
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:16 AM

Sergeant

GFSnl is on a distinguished road

I thought it has something to do when you go over lvl 9 research.

The turn you go over lvl 9 say with 500rp it's included in the graph.
But the next turn those 500 rp will be deleted.

Or something.....
Old March 12th, 2013, 02:13 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFSnl View Post
I thought it has something to do when you go over lvl 9 research.

The turn you go over lvl 9 say with 500rp it's included in the graph.
But the next turn those 500 rp will be deleted.

Or something.....
Yep, that's a thing. It does mean that Exec. has apparently stopped finetuning his research, for shame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
Congrats Corinthian. It was interesting watching, what little I could, how fast you devoured Orge Kingdom.
Trust me, with a better view of it you'd have found out it wasn't intresting at all.
Old March 15th, 2013, 09:30 AM

Sergeant

Third Itza stale in a row.

Should you or I make a sub thread WraithLord?
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:47 PM

Major General

So, my friend tells me he can't register here, or rather he's been waiting for his account to be approved for a while and has just given up.

To sum everything up;
Yes, he did hit research level 9 and waste some points, which for some reason made the score graphs drop apparently.

Second, Itza has been staling on top of Dwarven forts while Ermor has basically all but conquered his lands without putting any effort into it, so my friend would like to know if there's any point playing and should he just turn AI?

Thirdly, and this is my question, I vague remember something about reaching construction level 10 and all those pearly white special unique items that go together but aren't available for construction (like bogus ring, ect); shield, sword, plate armor, helmet and boots.
Something about needing to hit a certain amount of RP to reach it. Can anyone verify this? Just something of interest to me.