BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old August 28th, 2022, 03:06 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just rebooted this game and wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
It was one step ahead of me for every turn for about a year. I can understand for a game or two, but every game for about a year? It may have been my computer or an incredible coincidence, as it was happening with other games too. I think the sun had something to do with it, because when I got pissed everything in my apartment that the sun was shinning on, stopped working. Either that or it was an act of god, because like I say, it happened with other games too. I hope it didn't sound like I was complaining because a real good A\I is a lot better than a poor A\I. The A\I is very realistic, I just have to pretend I'm playing an opponent with a lot of experience.
I have to say, perhaps because English is not my first language, I have no idea what you said there.
How was the game "ahead" of you for a year?
What does it even mean?
How is the sun affecting anything in the game?
I am sorry, I just don't get it.
I was ready to ask how you think the A.I. cheats as I play this game since day 1 and over the years you could say things you didn't like, you thought should be different (I still dream of even larger fonts), but cheating A.I. was never something I even considered. Again, I am playing this game on and off since day one. I play computer wargames since I think Winter of 1987 (Universal Military Simulator for the Atari ST), and strategy is my favorite genre since then. What I mean is, I am used to wargames/strategy games a bit more than other genres and I still never thought that WiinSPMBT cheats. So I am very curious what exactly you mean.
Old August 29th, 2022, 02:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road

The only time when I rant that the AI cheats is when that RPG team snipes my tank with a 3% chance to hit...but when that happens, I remember the time when I knocked out a bunker with a 40mm HEDP from a rifle squad with the same percentage.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aeraaa For This Useful Post:
Old August 29th, 2022, 05:18 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeraaa View Post
The only time when I rant that the AI cheats is when that RPG team snipes my tank with a 3% chance to hit...but when that happens, I remember the time when I knocked out a bunker with a 40mm HEDP from a rifle squad with the same percentage.
Yep, I don't really worry much about the base to-hit number being low. If I decide the shot is necessary then I'll blaze away at the target with all guns in range if it is a "nasty" thing like say an AT gun, sniper or an ATGM team that I have decided really must go.

Even if I dont hit it, it will at least be likely to suppress the target. Near misses count for some "S" on soft targets, scatter shots into the adjacent hexes from misses will maybe put "S" onto collateral targets you may have spotted, or even those you may not have spotted. And if the base percentage is low then the subsequent shots may well increase to a decent number as you climb up the "to hit" ladder.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old October 9th, 2023, 04:57 PM

Sergeant

Dion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdll View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
It was one step ahead of me for every turn for about a year. I can understand for a game or two, but every game for about a year? It may have been my computer or an incredible coincidence, as it was happening with other games too. I think the sun had something to do with it, because when I got pissed everything in my apartment that the sun was shinning on, stopped working. Either that or it was an act of god, because like I say, it happened with other games too. I hope it didn't sound like I was complaining because a real good A\I is a lot better than a poor A\I. The A\I is very realistic, I just have to pretend I'm playing an opponent with a lot of experience.
I have to say, perhaps because English is not my first language, I have no idea what you said there.
How was the game "ahead" of you for a year?
What does it even mean?
How is the sun affecting anything in the game?
I am sorry, I just don't get it.
I was ready to ask how you think the A.I. cheats as I play this game since day 1 and over the years you could say things you didn't like, you thought should be different (I still dream of even larger fonts), but cheating A.I. was never something I even considered. Again, I am playing this game on and off since day one. I play computer wargames since I think Winter of 1987 (Universal Military Simulator for the Atari ST), and strategy is my favorite genre since then. What I mean is, I am used to wargames/strategy games a bit more than other genres and I still never thought that WinSPMBT cheats. So I am very curious what exactly you mean.
It was awhile ago that I played that game, but for a year before that, the A/I discerned every move I could make and chose countermoves that stymied each plan I had. I guess that's a mark of a exceptionally good A/I, but it never made a mistake for a year. It didn't matter if it was this game, or that game, or any other game published by any other game company on earth.

I like to think that A/I stands for automatic idiot instead of artificial intelligence, because it always makes moves that only an idiot would make and it makes them automatically without regard of winning or losing the game. You can count on it with the same degree of confidence that the sun will rise in the morning, it should have been just a matter of time before it would make a boneheaded move, but no, it came up with these great countermoves that left me crying like a baby. It was so abnormal that I just figured it had to be cheating, that was the only explanation, the A/I is never that good. And that bit about the sun killing all the electrical appliances in my apartment happened over the course of a week, so it probably was something else, but on the other hand it could have indeed have been the sun, it may have just taken me a week to notice.

Then the sun began to pick on me, shining in my face until I got pissed, which in turn made the A/I even better. I had only two choices, smash the computer or flip off the sun. So I chose to flip off the sun and save my computer, that's when it got pissed, and it got real bright and gave me one hell of a headache while practically blinding me in the process. I'll never pick a fight with the sun again.

Last edited by Dion; October 10th, 2023 at 01:11 PM..