.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old October 11th, 2008, 03:38 PM

Corporal

Nounours is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New nation : Shangri La, Hidden City of the Secret Masters-Released !

Sombre :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombre View Post
Just some first thoughts for you:

The starting army is currently 40 troops. 20 archers and 20 heavy infantry. It should be 10 and 10, to fit in the power scale of vanilla nations. Even then with such good troops it will be a strong starting army.
I'll reduce it, but perhaps to 15/10.

Quote:
Yak Riders seem undercosted, particularly as they are better than or equal to the Bhodpa horsemen and cost 5 gold less. At 20 gold I found I built a hell of a lot of them. I'm also not sure why they get an extra point of att over ordinary bhodpa - presumably they are more dedicated warriors or something?
I raised the price of horsemen but forgot to raise the price of yak riders... The extra att point is a typo.

Quote:
Now TC do get 20 gold cavalry (as a major feature of the nation) but are Shangri La supposed to have as good cavalry as TC?
Yes, they're supposed to... Tibetan cavalry was very good, even compared to chinese cavalry...

Quote:
I think the Shangri La infantry, the non bhodpa ones that cost 15 gold each, are a bit pricey. They seem more like 12-13 gold units.
OK for 13 gold each, I'll fix that.

Quote:
I'm also confused as to why the crossbowman has 12 prec, which is scary, while the archers have just 10.
The typo strikes back !!!

Quote:
Dmag Hrag seem a bit too elite to me. At str 11 att 13 def 13 hp 14 mor 14 they are basically the same as the Emerald Guard of Pythium, who are supposed to be the most elite (nonsacred) human infantry in the game pretty much. They cost the same at 25 gold. I'd like to see them somewhere between this and the TC Imperial guard, who are 15 gold and are at the bottom end of elite. Something like 12 hp 12 att 12 def 13 or 14 morale. If you intend them to be on the same level as emerald guard that's fine, but you must realise they really are elite in that case (especially for non sacred non cap units).
Hmm... They're intended to be seasoned fighters, but perhaps not THAT good... -1 att &def for Dmag Hrag.

Quote:
The Guardians of the Hidden Valley seem too expensive to me, as do the Mi Dred, to a lesser extent. I could be wrong though, I was running a rainbow rather than a bless.
Reduced price for SL sacred.

Quote:
Bhodpa Scout should probably be stealthy 10 like most national scouts.
Bhodpa Sde Pa looks like he should have a javelin weapon added.
Who said "typos" ?

Quote:
Reduce cost of Dmag Dpon to 40 - the fact they aren't stealthy and cost more resources should probably be enough to put them on equal terms with the Bhodpa Sde Pa.
OK, noted.

Quote:
Rta Dmag Go seems to have the 'death poison' weapon for some reason. I'd also reduce their cost to 60 or so, since 80 for a 40 leader, even a cav one, seems too much. On the other hand you could make them 80 ldr and keep the cost - currently Shangri La lacks an 80 ldr unit.
Typo... again ! They were intended to have "hoof" (weapon #56), not "death poison" (#52).

Rta Dmag Go gain ldr 80.

Quote:
So far I really like the mod and I'm having a lot of fun roleplaying with Bhodpa tribes aggressively raiding while the sacreds guard my territory and my main armies of Shangri La troops slowly grind down enemy forts. Great work :]
Thanks, and thanks again for the feedback.

Spendios :

I tried it, but the drawing was not very neat, so... Maybe I'll try again, when I had improved my skill with sprites...
Old October 11th, 2008, 03:52 PM

Corporal

Default Re: New nation : Shangri La, Hidden City of the Secret Masters-Released !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edratman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nounours View Post
I'll try it on my next mode... and it may even work, if (IF !) I understood it well...
You shouldn't have any problems. I typed the instructions slowly for you.
Well, I don't know if you typed slowly enough ...

I tried, so let me know if it worked... I'll be the first to be surprised !
Old October 11th, 2008, 03:57 PM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

If you reduce the skills of the Dmag Hrag make sure you reduce their goldcost too! I wasn't complaining they were overpowered, just wondered if they were supposed to be super-elite level for humans.
Old October 18th, 2008, 07:07 AM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road

Great work! I have not downloaded it yet, but it looks very nice! It shall be my favourite nation (until sombre finishes the dark elves that is )!
Old October 18th, 2008, 08:23 AM

Lieutenant General

Xietor is on a distinguished road

This looks cool. Have no had time to try it out. When I finish my last mp game i am in, I will be taking a break from mp games.

During that break I want to try out many of these great looking mods I have not had time to examine over the past couple years due to time demands of mp games.
Old October 20th, 2008, 07:17 AM

Corporal

New version of Shangri La !

- fixed spell descriptions.
- two new spells for Shangri La : Debt of karma & Restore the Dharma.
Old October 31st, 2008, 11:46 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

This looks great.

Gandalf Parker
(My apologies for not keeping up on the nations. I must admit that I am shortcutting by checking Kristoffers posts and looking at the ones he recommends. Medical changes coming which should soon help me get caught up)
Old December 14th, 2008, 05:01 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

You might want to change the Rta Pa (heavy cavalry) of the province defense into normal Bhödpa Horsemen. I tried taking their home province with Black Knights of Ulm, but they couldn't break through the horse-archers... I don't think any other nation gets knight-quality cavalry in their PD.

While looking at the Rta Pa stats, I also noticed that their head protection doesn't look right. Their head protection was halved, and then when looking at the cavalry commander I found the problem - they had two heads but just one helmet!
You've used wrong #itemslots value. I think it was wrong in the modding manual, at some point.

You'll have to change all four cavalry units. While doing that, you could fix the Yack Rider gold cost (you said that it was a typo, but didn't change it in the update).

The mod creates an unused Breastplate armor 250. Is there a reason for it?

The Rta Pa cavalry have unexplained natural protection of 5 and all-around awesome stats. After the itemslot fix, they will have protection 21 (20 head/22 body). I think it's a bug, since they'll have very respectaple prot 18 even without it.

Rta Pa unit and commander have few minor differences between them. I think the units are supposed to have enc 4 and Falchions like the commander, but they currently have enc 3 and broad swords.

Finally, it'd be nice if you used the #version x.yy modding command in the next version.

This is a great mod, and I hope you have time to fix the small problems left in it.
Old December 14th, 2008, 05:55 AM

Corporal

PD and cavalry stats were fixed (but Rta Pa keep the broasword).
Breastplate is used by Bdud Warriors (a summon that was not implemented yet).

Hope you will enjoy it !

Oh, and Cantabira may be finished soon about january, for those who may be interested.
Old December 15th, 2008, 06:30 AM

Corporal

Mordici is on a distinguished road

Hmmm. I downloaded this mod and put into the mod folder. I turned off all other mods and turned it on, then I started a game on the Aran map. The map loads okay and I have the capital highlighted. The moment I try to recruit anything the game exits to the desktop with an error window.