Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Tophats: Squirreloid wins! - Page 3 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old January 26th, 2010, 11:42 AM

Grijalva

Default Re: Tophats - The Gentleman's Game (Recruiting! 9/10 slots filled)

darn, I too am in need of more Dom3 fix...but it seems ghoul beat me to it,*dips monocle in glass of water* but please consider me if someone drops out...
Old January 26th, 2010, 11:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

Starshine_Monarch is on a distinguished road

Good sir Cleveland, your suggestion to recruit 3 underwater nations will of course force some poor gent to pick up MA Oceania when he might have otherwise chosen a different nation.

As we all know that MA Oceania is quite underpowered and rather not so interesting to play, If we do decide to play with 3 underwater nations I then propose that we give them a bit of help with Burnsaber's fine Underwater Gameplay Improvement Mod.

I have noticed a problem however in that the Tomb Kings mod changes weapon 710: the Warhorse Hoof in CBM used on Heavy Cavalry and the like (which somehow always end up in provinces adjacent to your capital), into an utterly preposterous "Divine Flail" that Tomb Kings mentions are only supposed to be used on pretenders. I believe these to be simply copies of the CBM Divine Flails found on the Egyptian-style titan pretenders, so I shall upload a version of Tomb Kings that does away with these weapons in order to avoid unfortunate conflicts with CBM.

Last edited by Starshine_Monarch; January 26th, 2010 at 12:18 PM..
Old January 26th, 2010, 11:52 AM

Corporal

Apsophos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tophats - The Gentleman's Game (Recruiting 1/10 slots filled)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humakty View Post
Mes biens chers amis, après ce cours préambule dans la langue de Molière, je me livre a mon propos :
Il est fort agréable de voir qu'il existe d'autres gentilshommes aussi bien instruits dans notre belle langue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsaber View Post
Perhaps you'd like to play underwater nation? Their survival rate is quite high, allowing you to experience quite a lot of the game. There are good guides for MA R'lyeh & Atlantis.
I actually considered playing R'lyeh before asking for suggestions. I never played an underwater nation, and astral magic and tentactles somewhat fit my current mood. I'll take R'lyeh then.
Old January 26th, 2010, 12:18 PM

Grijalva

I was so quick to post that I didn't see Cleveland's recommendation; if you guys end up doing the 8 land nations 3-underwater mix (or just need another water-player) I'll take Atlantis OR Oceania... monocle...
Old January 26th, 2010, 01:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

Starshine_Monarch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine_Monarch View Post
I have noticed a problem however in that the Tomb Kings mod changes weapon 710: the Warhorse Hoof in CBM used on Heavy Cavalry and the like (which somehow always end up in provinces adjacent to your capital), into an utterly preposterous "Divine Flail" that Tomb Kings mentions are only supposed to be used on pretenders. I believe these to be simply copies of the CBM Divine Flails found on the Egyptian-style titan pretenders, so I shall upload a version of Tomb Kings that does away with these weapons in order to avoid unfortunate conflicts with CBM.
Would have edited, but I was a bit too late.

What I meant to say was I WOULD upload a new mod if I had any clue whatsoever on how Llama's mod combining script works. There are likely many other conflicts as well and as it is now there's no real easy way for me to fix this issue, so I humbly request that someone who knows what the heck he's doing run the mods we will be using through Llama's script...
Old January 26th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

MA Oceania is better than MA Atlantis, Starshine. The only good MA water nation is Rlyeh...
Old January 26th, 2010, 03:07 PM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

No way is MA Oceania better. Atlantis has way, way, way better magic and can produce thugs pretty easily. It's also far more interesting imo.

They're both bottom tier though :]
Old January 26th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombre View Post
No way is MA Oceania better. Atlantis has way, way, way better magic and can produce thugs pretty easily. It's also far more interesting imo.

They're both bottom tier though :]
I would have said that Oceania has better troops, and therefore a better early game. Thus it can diversify its magic via pretender easier, because it doesn't need its pretender for anything else.
Old January 26th, 2010, 05:08 PM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

Sorry for being off-character, but there is a lot of things to get straight. It's easier if I write like a normal person.

First: We will go with 11 players. I put up Grivalja with Atlantis (because, IMHO, it's a lot better than MA Oceania + more starter friendly). I'll play Oceania (it will be a good handicap for me, since I'm more experienced than the other water players). We won't be using UWGIM, I'll take this experience as research for further UWGIM advances.

- I'll fix the "Divine Flail" bug. I'll make a complimation mod* (likely to be finished by Thursday) that will have bug fixed. Once I've made the mod and the map is ready, I'll put the game up to llamaserver.

*complimation mod is one huge mod that combines all of the mods in use in this game to one big mod.
Old January 26th, 2010, 06:24 PM

Sergeant

Warhammer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tophats - The Gentleman's Game (Full. Organizing)

Dang it, I got my monocle in a twist and didn't sign up for the game when I should have...