.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old August 2nd, 2004, 06:16 AM

Captain

Aku is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MP Game - Newbie Game (by Aku)

Klatu went into Tien Chi to check if he could turn him into AI and Klatu can. We are probably like 99% chance going to have to turn Tien Chi into AI but Klatu is going to give Drool some more time to respond.
Old August 2nd, 2004, 09:25 AM

Sergeant

Pickles is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by The Panther:
" Hmm.... Then why did Tien Chi move immediately after hosting? "

Perhaps this was as a result of Klatu opening it up?

I am glad we might have an AI rather than a forced host - both are distorting but AI is probably more fair to those not nearby - it will lose but willl fight.

Oh and since the game is 24 hour host people are entitled to take 24hrs. Of course staling canels this right.

It would be nice to play a game with a blitz phase - several turns on one day every so often but it proved hard to arrange with our other newb game. I guess it would be easier to manage if you start one up with that as a criteria then everyone knows in advance & commits to it. eg 168 hour quick host except on thursdays 2100 until 0000 GMT when its 20 minute quick host.
This would be like a regular weekly FTF game rather than a PBEM!

A problem is time zones of course.

Hmm anyone intereseted in something like that?

Pickles
Old August 2nd, 2004, 10:06 AM

Captain

Aku is on a distinguished road

Yeah that would be interesting but can everyone get together at same time to do the blitzing is the hard part.

And about drool...he was not only staling 4 days in a row...he was doing his turns in other games so wtf. If he didnt want to play this game anymore or something he should say something instead of playing his other games and staling on this one. He needs to respond soon before he gets turned into the AI.

I read your post again pickles and see what you meant. It would be interesting to start a game with a set blitz time so only people able to do it would join the game. It is an interesting idea that would be fun to do.

[ August 02, 2004, 09:26: Message edited by: Aku ]
Old August 2nd, 2004, 11:59 AM

Lieutenant General

Boron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Aku:
Yeah that would be interesting but can everyone get together at same time to do the blitzing is the hard part.

And about drool...he was not only staling 4 days in a row...he was doing his turns in other games so wtf. If he didnt want to play this game anymore or something he should say something instead of playing his other games and staling on this one. He needs to respond soon before he gets turned into the AI.

I read your post again pickles and see what you meant. It would be interesting to start a game with a set blitz time so only people able to do it would join the game. It is an interesting idea that would be fun to do.
forgot to post my opinion here .

yeah force host and turn drool to ai as fast as possible .
Old August 2nd, 2004, 02:39 PM

Major

The Panther is on a distinguished road

Check this one out for a neutral in my territory:
"The province contains about 100 hostile units. The army consists mainly of Heavy Infantries, Knights, and Eternal Knights."

Any guesses on just how darn long this place will remain independant? And this is with indy set at 6!!!
Old August 2nd, 2004, 04:21 PM

Sergeant

"The province contains about 100 hostile units. The army consists mainly of Heavy Infantries, Knights, and Eternal Knights."

NP it's probably only scouting inaccuracies and there are only 50 knights (cough).
hhm - any idea what an eternal knight is? Sounds bad but you may get to recruit it.

Some of those reports can be misleading - hoburg with a devil - means 1 devil per turn. Druids can mean Darkvines which are really bad news.

Pickles
Old August 2nd, 2004, 05:00 PM

Lieutenant General

Boron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Pickles:

NP it's probably only scouting inaccuracies and there are only 50 knights (cough).
hhm - any idea what an eternal knight is? Sounds bad but you may get to recruit it.

Some of those reports can be misleading - hoburg with a devil - means 1 devil per turn. Druids can mean Darkvines which are really bad news.

Pickles
ouch those hoburgs with devils are so scary
any blood mages in indi provinces are evil because they often summon hordes of imps so always the option for a lucky magekill

some indeps are really evil .
between me and pickles in newbie game 1 is an indy province with a golem leading living statues + gargoyles .
also we are at about turn 35 the province is still independent . neither pickles nor i have dared to attack it still

i guess your province is a good candidate for a similiar destiny panther
Old August 2nd, 2004, 05:47 PM

Sergeant

[quote]Originally posted by Boron:"between me and pickles in newbie game 1 is an indy province with a golem leading living statues + gargoyles .
also we are at about turn 35 the province is still independent . neither pickles nor i have dared to attack it still "

well it has got your dominion at 7 now so it looks like a big waste of time to me now.

Pickles
Old August 2nd, 2004, 06:53 PM

Private

Klatu is on a distinguished road

Hey All, This is your server host Klatu.

Please note: T'ien Ch'i is now AI controlled.

Hopefully thing will now speed up. lol
Old August 2nd, 2004, 06:57 PM

Major

The Panther is on a distinguished road

I think an enternal knight is those flying power dudes who come with the mercenary Orion. I believe they cannot be recruited, but at least I will get ordinary knights there if needed.

I may attack with a scout and see exactly what they are. If he is unable to retreat because they do fly, then it is not a big loss that way. And if I do this, I will post the stats of those guys in here for all us newbies.

But yes, it is a candidate for staying neutral a long time. Unfortunate for me because I plan to put a castle in the adjacent province at some future point.

And it was 70 the first time I could see it, so there ought to be less than 100.