.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old August 31st, 2004, 04:01 AM

Major

The Panther is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MP Game - Newbie Game (by Aku)

Greetings to all from the Pythium News Network.

It is a sad day that we report from the front lines. The Great and Holy Smaug hangs his head in grave defeat. He was blindsided by a lying, swindling devil who issued false proclamations. The Great Smaug barely managed to retreat from a glorious battle. I have even heard that he is now mute in addition to his other wounds.

"NO!! Say it ain't so!"
"Sorry, but this is true."

Yes, it is a sad day in land of Pythium. Even though the message from Aku, God of the devils of Abysia, was signed in blood and sealed properly, the message content was most false. And we must also report that the great and wonderful Pythium Empire did believe the false message.

"But sir! Why did you believe the unholy nation of Abysia? They are devils!"
"Yes, but our greedy Minister of War thought we could change the holy orders from Smaug and cut off the retreat path of the losing army of Caelum after an easy castle seige. All it would have done was hasten the demise of Caelum by maybe one or two months. But now, Caelum may survive for a bit longer due to the treacherous words from Aku. Of course, the evil empire of Caelum will die quite soon regardless."
"Greedy, you say?"
"Yes, greedy. Smaug, being a great and noble commander, knew that one should not split his forces in the presence of an enemy, even if that enemy promised not to attack. However, our former Minister of War has paid the ultimate price for his miscalculation. His body has been separated from his head."

And we of the Great Empire of Pythium must now decree that the evil leader Aku can never again be believed. Once any future message has been received, it must be burned immediately.

So let this be a warning to all other nations who may have hopes of surviving in the Land of Karan. The evil, devilish empire of Abysia, controlled by the false pretender of Aku, cannot be trusted henceforth. Any future Messages from that false god must be examined carefully and only partially believed at best.

"But sir, can you give him another chance to prove his trustworthiness?"
"Doubtful. Perhaps he could apologize for his devilish deed and send the healing chalice for enough time to cure poor old mute Smaug. And maybe some gold to pay for the rebuilding of the Pythium army."
"Will he do that?"
"Maybe. I doubt he will, though, for an evil person rarely can change their ways."

So, while Smaug limps home mute in shame, the battle goes on. At least the glorious and completely trustworthy underwater nation of R'lyeh has managed to convince the evil air queens to join the side of right. They can no longer be considered evil, now that they follow the fishes.

Cheers! All hail Pickles, pretender of R'lyeh! Hip hip horray!

And so ends another installment from the only true source of real news in the land of Karan.

"But sir, didn't I also hear..."
(A scream is heard, followed by total silence)
Old August 31st, 2004, 05:53 AM

Sergeant

Pickles is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The Panther said:
Greetings to all from the Pythium News Network.
Cheers! All hail Pickles, pretender of R'lyeh! Hip hip horray!

Hmm even talking to the evil backstabber Aku is bad enough.
Anyone who wants to summon an air queen now is your chance
& on a not totally unrelated note
Can anyone lend me a treelord's staff or moonvine bracelet & thistle mace?
Please?

Pickles
Old August 31st, 2004, 07:28 PM

Private

Klatu is on a distinguished road

Hey All, there is a new ptch 2.13. Should we upgrade? It says if you are in multiplayer game, all should upgrade.

Klatu
Old August 31st, 2004, 07:37 PM

Major

The Panther is on a distinguished road

I upgraded already. I didn't even stop to think that it might not work. Sorry all if I screwed it up.
Old September 1st, 2004, 01:20 AM

Captain

Aku is on a distinguished road

anyone know what we should do? im not sure if current mp games are staying 2.12 i dunno
Old September 1st, 2004, 02:04 AM

Captain

Aku is on a distinguished road

I suggest we stay 2.12 going by what Sheap posted in his server thread since he is hosting a lot of games:

More patch info...

In general: As of now the Linux patch is not working at all, this prevents me from upgrading just yet. Once the Linux patch is fixed, it will be up to the organizer of the game whether to update that game to 2.13 or keep it at 2.12. I can run some games on 2.12, and others 2.13, so not everyone has to upgrade at once.

It seems there is a fairly serious bug in 2.13 causing crashes with various artifacts. Until the scope of this bug is determined, and either fixed or workarounds discovered, I'm going to recommend against using the new patch, but the final decision is up to the players.

Anyone that upgrades to 2.13 will still be able to play on 2.12 servers, but the battle replays will be wrong. Not sure if the reverse is true or not, it probably is.
Old September 1st, 2004, 09:22 AM

Lieutenant General

Boron is on a distinguished road

nice story panther

pasha when you are in holiday will you be able to spend 5 minutes / day for a quick turn ?
i guess about 15-30 september our new game will start since we are now coming to an end slowly but surely .
it is just an estimation from me though depends mainly on aku hehe .
Old September 1st, 2004, 09:28 AM

Lieutenant General

Boron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
PashaDawg said:
Any news, Guys?

The ghost of the GREAT and *MIGHTY* SPIDER LORD has an inquiring mind.
Belkelel can't tell you any news . We are just recovering from the casualities your brave nation inflicted on US in your attempt to stop us . Though it was not successful you weakened the glorious nation of PANGENEA enough to be cornered now in this edge of karan . We (still) don't feel strong enough to risk a war with one of our 2 neighbors , the EVIL and ARROGANT ABYSIANS who would need PUNISHMENT nor the strange nation of MAN . Their foul Gift of Health enchantment makes them a tough target too .
Great Belkelel is probably gone Poof soon too
Old September 1st, 2004, 10:37 PM

General

PashaDawg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Boron said:
nice story panther

pasha when you are in holiday will you be able to spend 5 minutes / day for a quick turn ?
i guess about 15-30 september our new game will start since we are now coming to an end slowly but surely .
it is just an estimation from me though depends mainly on aku hehe .
Hi Boron:

While I am away, I will not have access to a computer. I don't want to worry about taking my beloved laptop on the plane, etc. I will be away from Sept. 24 - October 5. [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Flag_Italy.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Flag_Italy.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Flag_Italy.gif[/img]

I could probably find a substitute to play for me during that time. I would hate to miss out on a game with you guys. You're all such good sports.

~ Pasha
Old September 1st, 2004, 10:40 PM

General

PashaDawg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Boron said:
Quote:
PashaDawg said:
Any news, Guys?

The ghost of the GREAT and *MIGHTY* SPIDER LORD has an inquiring mind.
Belkelel can't tell you any news . We are just recovering from the casualities your brave nation inflicted on US in your attempt to stop us . Though it was not successful you weakened the glorious nation of PANGENEA enough to be cornered now in this edge of karan . We (still) don't feel strong enough to risk a war with one of our 2 neighbors , the EVIL and ARROGANT ABYSIANS who would need PUNISHMENT nor the strange nation of MAN . Their foul Gift of Health enchantment makes them a tough target too .
Great Belkelel is probably gone Poof soon too

<froth froth> AHA!!! I knew the GREAT SPIDER LORD'S secret DOOM weapon would do the trick!