The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Ibology > Approaching Infinity

Old March 6th, 2015, 09:38 AM

First Lieutenant

ibol is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Reports of bugs or possible bugs.

Which version is installed?
When you start the game, and get to the title screen where you select new, continue, etc., look in the bottom right. If you see "Version 1.1.0" , then you have 1.1 , if there is no text, then it's the base version of the game.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	v110.png
Views:	129
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	13486  
Old March 16th, 2015, 02:01 AM

Private

OrionM42 is on a distinguished road

Bug ?? I lost all my "Pay it Forward" credits, and was told in an error message, that I had cheated. Surely this is not a feature.

More details: I was in Sector 76, playing on the Easy Level, with PermaDeath on. I have been having fun; but can't seem to make any progress on the Unifiers Quest (at the point of trying to contact the Monks). This is kind of frustrating too, but I suppose the Unifiers story-line may not result in one of the wining combinations. So, anyways, I have been playing steadily, not wanting to lose all the progress I have made through 76 Sectors. If push comes to shove, I assumed I could always shift to another story-line, for a victory. (I should add that I have not down-loaded the 1st Update, yet, because I was hoping to eventually win this game first.)

So, I have been "Paying it Forward", and maybe I went too far. I had more than 27 million credits stored, but as I was approaching 28 million, I received an apparent error message, saying that I had "CHEATED", and that my "Pay it Forward" credits would be confiscated. It actually dropped me to 80,000.

This is pretty annoying; if this is a feature. Maybe I was storing up too many credits - more than I would ever need - but being reduced to 80,000 seems like a pretty severe punishment. If this is a feature, I think someone should be warned against accumulating too many "Pay it Forward" credits, instead of getting an error message accusing one of cheating.

Sorry to complain; I like this game; but this leaves a bad taste in my mouth. *** Is this a bug? or a feature? ***
Old March 16th, 2015, 09:38 AM

First Lieutenant

OrionM42,
Sorry. I think you might have gone beyond the limits of the integer... good job , really.
it is not intentional.
I should put a limit on donations, even if it is a high one...25 million maybe?
contact me here and I will do what I can to help you: saunders72 at Hotmail dot com
Old March 16th, 2015, 01:58 PM

Private

OrionM42 is on a distinguished road

Hey Ibol, thanks for the prompt reply! I posted my comment before I went to sleep last night, and you responded before I got up this morning. You must be a real 24-hour-a-day guy!

More importantly, I appreciate the gist of your reply. I am glad to hear that my issue was at least - arguably - a type of bug. I was dismayed by the thought that this transaction might have been intentional. In fact, now I feel pretty good about this! Apparently I tested this game, in a sufficiently strenuous manner, that I actually discovered a bug ...

Wow. I have never had that experience before ... ...

BTW, one may wonder why I had diligently "Paid Forward" such a large amount of credits. The thing is (and this is not a complaint) I had found this game sufficiently challenging, even on Easy, that I really did not know how LARGE a stock of credits might be useful, if I started my next game on the Medium or Hard levels. This perspective probably also reflects my very limited experience with "rogue-like" games ...

Anyways, no major harm done. I still have some 18 million credits left; and I will just make sure to pay forward a large chunk of them, before I resume my adventures. As long as I know what to expect (the inherent limitation) I can work with what I've got. (I do think you should put a known/identified limit on "Pay it Forward" donations, perhaps in the next update.)

So: "All's well, that ends well". Thanks again!
The Following User Says Thank You to OrionM42 For This Useful Post:
Old March 18th, 2015, 04:03 PM

Private

Fennrick is on a distinguished road

Maybe another bug:

Since i updated to vers. 1.1 i encountered the following bug numerous times:

Whenever i pick up "alien art" instead of the picture that is normally displayed i just get a "file not found" error.
This does not crash the game. But its sad that i can't look at those art pictures anymore...

I had this happen three times already over the course of two games.
Old March 26th, 2015, 04:47 PM

Private

Waltorious is on a distinguished road

Ran into a strange bug... I was exploring one of the new canyon planets, and took some trips into the caverns below it. I returned to my shuttle a few times for oxygen and to let my field medic heal up the away team (by standing on the shuttle and waiting several turns). On my last trip into the cave I explored most of the first floor (didn't find any stairs), but when I exited the cave the shuttle was gone. Instead, there was a red blinking shuttle icon on a different part of the map, which I couldn't reach because I didn't have water walkers. See the attached picture.

After my away team asphyxiated, I tried landing again and the shuttle was in the new location, which meant I couldn't move anywhere. I checked the debug file and it says "I HAD TO FORCE A NEW SHUTTLE SPOT!" over and over. Not sure why that happened. Debug file attached but renamed the extension because apparently I'm only allowed to attach .txt files if they are less than 50kb.

Oh, and I tried to save-scum to save my officers, but it didn't work. I copied out the "media" folder before my away team died, but when I copied it back in the game reverted to a MUCH older save. This is despite an AI-AUTO-SAVE.huh file dated from just an hour ago; the only thing I did this session was land on that planet and explore the cave, so the game clearly isn't loading the autosave. Any way to force that?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Approaching Infinity 2015-03-26 12-57-19-57.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	13532  
Attached Files
File Type: xls QApp_Inf_Shrapnel_Debug.xls (69.4 KB, 109 views)
Old March 27th, 2015, 06:51 PM

Sergeant

Narrew is on a distinguished road

I am new so this may not be a bug. I got the Amulet of Yendor, I refused the Banker side of the quest, then chose not to take it through the black hole, thinking that was going to kill me since I don't have a device to let me through the black hole. So I abandoned the quest to dispose of the Amulet, been thinking I am going to be killed any minute...but so far nada. Don't know if that is a bug or not, but figured something would have happened by now.
Old March 27th, 2015, 11:20 PM

Corporal

DamienPS is on a distinguished road

This is one of the annoying features of canyon planets.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Ashampoo_Snap_2015.03.28_14h13m29s_003_Approaching Infinity.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	13538  
Old March 28th, 2015, 01:13 PM

Sergeant

Narrew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienPS View Post
This is one of the annoying features of canyon planets.
I have had that happen in a cave when I had a Hand Scanner, though it was just a ship device I would have Salvaged...
Old April 12th, 2015, 03:46 PM

First Lieutenant

Right now, I am compiling a to-do list from this thread.

Narrew, I thought I made that quest un-abandonable ... guess I was wrong. However, the amulet gives you the power to enter black holes. Not sure what would happen if you go in now...

[EDIT]:
and it's really great to see that there are only 5 things reported since the last update, and none of them are critical!

Last edited by ibol; April 12th, 2015 at 03:56 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to ibol For This Useful Post: