BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > KE Studios > War Plan Pacific
Notices

Old December 24th, 2008, 02:41 AM

Private

Hayek is on a distinguished road
Default Why I love WPP

WPP is one of the greatest WW2 aero-naval games I have played for a few reasons.

Simplicity. It's so simple to pick up and play! Moving thins is so easy, micromanagement is the bare necessities.

It is roughly unpredictable. All methods of warfare are accepted by WPP - static warfare, elastic warfare, maneouvre warfare, lightning warfare, they all work if you put them into practice correctly. It's a fantastic general simulator for strategy modelled in a good WW2 setting.

The victory conditions have been modelled perfectly (though I think B-29s should be replaced with bombers in general and come in at any time, not just after Nov 43) and fit the style of choice listed above.

The top down view of ships looks cool.

It's satisfying. It's very satisfying. "Captured!" "SUNK!" and its even satisfying to receive a new unit - checking your home port every turn to see how many SNLF/Amphib/CVs have arrived (or knowing in advance) is amazingly satisfying.

Geographical accuracy. As far as I can tell, the only mistake they have made is calling Borneo Dutch, since it was joint Dutch/British IRL. The map looks great, I love it.

Criticisms: Some annoying features in shooting combat - CVs taking active role, not retreating quick enough, and shooting things that are already dead. I mean, k, assign hits before shooting, but don't continue shooting if its already sunk, it's just annoying.

Map could PROBABLY be bigger. It could probably include Ceylon and India and another victory conditions that forces the Brits out if India and Ceylon are captured. Or Indochina and Malaya should be modelled so that Japanese can play historically and assault Singapore at the same time as Phillipines. Anyway these are minor and the game is fantastic without them and it has probably been tested by the devs anyway. Good work with WPP, it's a keeper.