Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Tophats: Squirreloid wins! - Page 16 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 28th, 2010, 12:26 PM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tophats - The Gentleman's Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleveland View Post
Can we delay now? At work, must prepare for final stand of OcEanian citadel. Thx c
Sorry about the missed delay. When I got to the event, I quickly found out that my wireless internet just failed to work. No connection to llamaserver, no delay.

Luckily it was only me who staled, I just have to hope that Atlantis was gentle..
Old March 31st, 2010, 02:32 AM

Grijalva

Its a bit overdue, but I would just like to salute Cleveland for his valiant defense against the Atlantian myriads.

Even though he staled a few times at the end, he still did an amazing job of slowing me down and seriously hurting my forces. Many Atlantian warriors still suffer from his insidious use of chemical warfare (foul vapors? I mean really, of all the spells that don't work underwater, this one actually does?)

He even slew my god and drove me from his capital a few times.

Anyway hats off to you sir Cleveland.

On another note, what's the deal with these gorgers? Every recent land battle I've seen has these ogre-gorgers spawning at the edge of the battlefield. It's a bug right? Does anyone else see this?
Old March 31st, 2010, 03:19 AM

Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grijalva View Post
On another note, what's the deal with these gorgers? Every recent land battle I've seen has these ogre-gorgers spawning at the edge of the battlefield. It's a bug right? Does anyone else see this?
I was also rather confused by this and looked into it. It's a bug given by the Ogre Kingdoms mod.

To make a long story short, the item "Lantern Shield" is now bugged and summmons gorgers instead of lanterns because the Ogre mod overwrote the vanilla "Corpse Candle" spell. This bugged spell is also castable and appears in the conjuration tree just like the normal one (the bugged one summons 5, in te case you have difficulty to make them apart).

Since we are all gentlemen, I'm going to suggest everyone to withdraw from building any lantern shields and not to script the bugged secondary "Corpse Candle" spell. (I have built one lantern shield and I'll throw it away once I get the chance to start Dom 3 once more.)

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.
Old March 31st, 2010, 03:30 AM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

Hilarious. Um, I'll change my corpse candle scripting then - i was wondering why we had two of those...
Old March 31st, 2010, 04:10 AM

Grijalva

doesn't matter now, but I noticed that the bug includes corps candles AND gorgers in one battle...ouch!
Old April 13th, 2010, 03:04 AM

Grijalva

sorry guys, but I have to request a 24hour delay due to RL craziness.

oh, and: DAMN YOU LANDLUBBERS!

thanks,
Grijalva
Old April 13th, 2010, 05:17 AM

Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grijalva View Post
sorry guys, but I have to request a 24hour delay due to RL craziness.
Extension Granted

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.
Old April 18th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Major General

Dear sirs,
We seem to find ourselves in a bit of a quandry. We have recently... acquired... a whole lot of fish meat, and as we do not eat, are at a loss on how to dispose of it. So if anyone is interested in some good eating, please contact us. Of especial interest might be the ancient kraken meat - we hear it is quite the delicacy.

Sincerely,
Son of Puppets
Prophet of Master of Puppets
Old April 19th, 2010, 11:10 PM

Grijalva

Well, you all did a fine job of convincing yourselves of how "dangerous" poor old Atlantis was, when I couldn't even beat Shinuyama much less take his capital.

Now, however, its pretty clear to see who is about to win.

Neckhara has:

The highest research

The highest income

The highest GEM income

artifacts

three capitals (he's about to take Oceania)

he just dealt me a serious defeat in which he killed my god and charmed away my champion: ANZUUUU!!!

So even though I can stop your small raiding forces, Neckhara actually put a real effort into taking the seas and is now damn near unstoppable.

and he also has the most over-the-top death magic of any nation (of course) so get ready for swarms of tartarians backed by all of the sweetest artifacts.

@ Squirrel

Oh, and Glug was "disintegrated" so your only quandary is what to do with Kraken-flavored sand. :-)
Old April 20th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Major General

What? Nehekhara threatening? Ha!

Our vaunted gem income? Mostly F. Seriously. Oh, it burns, it BURNS! (Literally!)

That research lead? Yeah. We had to research fricking Ench 9 to cast Thetis Blessing to stop you from winning. Yeah, we've got a lot of research, but much of it was spent accomplishing silly things.

And as to three capitals, well, it was either let you keep it (and thus have 3 capitals), let Vanheim take it (and thus have 3 capitals), or I took it (and thus had 3 capitals). So someone had to have 3 capitals. On the plus side, I have few neighbors, am at peace with 2 of them, and thus you know exactly where the next capital I can aim for without causing a political incident is. So I am by far the safest owner of 3 capitals in the game, because my options are the most limited.

Any rational player will see your warmongering for what it is - a shameless attempt to reclaim your third capital and make another play for a 4th one.