.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 2nd, 2010, 06:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

Swan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by korenje View Post
The problem is with magic (dom3). Why can some über strong mage (fire 20 for example) cast some spells at the same level as some very weak mage. There should be a slider where you change strength of some spell and slider for quantity. So basically when you want to cast weak spell, the mage should cast more spells per turn until he runs out of action points.
some spell already gain bonus when a higher level mage cast them, plus the fatigue is reduced FAT*(1/1+extra levels) which means more spells; but i like the quality vs quantity idea
What fire 20 means?
Quote:
Dom3: The capital should be holy grail for every race? in single player mode shouldn't opponents attack my capital with strong spells to halve population or something? At 6 opponents at impossible level that never happens. Should be fixed in dom4.
The problem is that your opponent is an ai, which means it's more stupid than humans, all the choices this games give you increase this "ai sucks" feeling.
Don't forget that maybe your opponent can't cast those spells, play versus mictlan, they will use rain of toads.
Quote:
Also in dominions 3 everything leans towards death at the end of the game. Assuming the game is played for infinite time, you should have ability to change capital, move population there etc. Perhaps something more strategic.
No point moving your capitol, it doesn't give any bonus.
Nice idea the population "migration", maybe it would mean micromanagent hell
Quote:
Also if some death nation can easily create some of their death monsters, there should also be a harder way for other nations to create the same monster by not using death magic. (perhaps magic levels should be limited for other nations).
i don't understand what you are saying, can you repeat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonno View Post
Omg guys u are killing me,I have read this 2 days and still I did not red it all...

I have seen a bunch of great ideas...
I would change only few things...
1)Change the battle graphics in 3d mode,some thing like the total war stuff (not to put the unite control mode,just do the graphics)
no, this would make modding more time consuming.
plus i like the retrogaming taste of it.
Quote:
2)need to make all nations good in something,and bad in something as well
all nations, right now, have good/bad sides.
Quote:
3)put some new spells and items...
yeah, i would like a
reverse darkness(bright sun that halves undead/demon attributes)
reverse light of the northen star
more holy spells
your god start as a 10 holy

Last edited by Swan; May 2nd, 2010 at 07:13 AM..