This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old March 10th, 2010, 05:06 AM

Corporal

EpoletovSPR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ideas how to improve WinSP MBT/WW2 !

Coming back to an old theme.

"SP Camo" owns the rights on "SP3 Brigade Command".

If yes, it would be desirable to receive excellent "Command control" (management by means of Orders point) in winSP.
Old March 10th, 2010, 08:33 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

........and coming back to our old well established theme

1/"SP Camo" does not "own the rights" to SP3 Brigade Command.

2/Both Andy and I disliked SP3 Brigade Command and have said so many times on this forum and elsewhere

3/The dislike of that game INCLUDES it's C&C system.

Don
Old March 11th, 2010, 02:58 PM

Sergeant

Lt. Ketch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCaMpWiThAWP
Maybe no aamg fire aswell, it's probably kinda hard to hit such a small thing like an UAV.
Some of those UAVs can be quite large. My father-in-law works at the local air base and the ones he sees are the ones that have a larger wingpan than an F-16. I also found this link - http://israelmatzav.blogspot.com/201...er-jet-20.html. The title expalains it.

Now there are mico UAVs as well that may be only a couple of feet long/wide. I'm curious what the percentages on usage are. In any event, I think the AAMG fire should stay as well. Cutting the SAM makes sense to me.

Howard Tayer
Old March 11th, 2010, 03:58 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Ketch View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCaMpWiThAWP
Maybe no aamg fire aswell, it's probably kinda hard to hit such a small thing like an UAV.
Some of those UAVs can be quite large. My father-in-law works at the local air base and the ones he sees are the ones that have a larger wingpan than an F-16. I also found this link - http://israelmatzav.blogspot.com/201...er-jet-20.html. The title expalains it.

Now there are mico UAVs as well that may be only a couple of feet long/wide. I'm curious what the percentages on usage are. In any event, I think the AAMG fire should stay as well. Cutting the SAM makes sense to me.
They are aircraft, the game fires at planes of all types if in range and the %age chance to hit is OK.

There will be no such changes, simply to avoid the "bug reports" that end users would fill the forum with, complaining that their AAA let spotter planes (which is all a "UAV" is) fly unhindered over their forces.

Andy
Old March 15th, 2010, 01:47 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Quote:
True, but their size will take care of that.
I just want SAMs not to be wasted on them.
I'd think they'd be easier to hit with an AAMG then a SAM actually...not that it'd be easy
See what you are saying probably the easiest thing would be a rule, change EW to 90 plus the original EW so EW 2 becomes 92.
Could then restrict SAMs so dont target while allowing guns possibly MANPADS to as normal, rational for MANPADS not radar so visibility normaly restricts range.

When the new patch comes out as your OOBs nearly done would you fancy a PBEM game happy to use any side using sensible buy vs USMC, happy with house rules if you want to try & create a specific situation.
Actually the 90+ EW rating idea is probably the best, that way there's no problem with existing slow fixed-wing observation aircraft yet UAVs could be made not to trigger SAMs.
But...Mobhack has spoken (see post above this one)...ahhh well...nice idea anyway.

Actually I'm working on a couple scenarios with my revised USMC OOB:

USMC vs Iraq/Taliban/Iran (2016)
5 scenario mini-campaign

USMC vs China (probably 2018-20's)
China invades Taiwan with lighter (airborne, airmobile, hovercraft delivered, etc.) assuming they can present a feint accompli. A MEU from Okinawa is the closest ground unit available.

Now I haven't done much more then brainstorm on the USMC vs China scenario.
The intent is to make it a looong scenario...like 90 turns in two parts.
Part one - Chinese forces attack the MEU and presumably get beaten off
Part two - USMC counter-attack to destroy not only the Chinese attack force but the reserve and rear-area forces.

I'm thinking I'll have to go thru and change the move speed of any Chinese defensive units to zero to keep the AI from using them during the attack.

But the real question is...
Just what sort Chinese force will make the scenario challenging?
So if you want to come up with a set of Chinese forces for this I'd be overjoyed to play!

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old March 15th, 2010, 02:10 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So if you want to come up with a set of Chinese forces for this I'd be overjoyed to play!
The Chinese have recently spent a lot on landing ships etc & their marines so perhaps marine vs marine. Chinese Marines from memory have an AFV similar to BMP-3 & a Amphib light tank based on it, obviously as Marines most would not have the aformentioned. While not in the game also believe they have an amphib version of SPSAM AA gun combo though for what you suggest probably still mainly MANPADS for AAA. Also seem to remember they have several light tanks APCs IFVs to choose from for follow on force. Also have a good range of light mortars etc till main arty can be landed. Biggest failing is probably air there EW suites are not very good on the whole & AAA overall lags behind the main players so USMC could have a bit of fun if area stuff is not in place.
Old March 15th, 2010, 02:51 PM

Lieutenant General

Quote:
Quote:
The Chinese have recently spent a lot on landing ships etc & their marines so perhaps marine vs marine. Chinese Marines from memory have an AFV similar to BMP-3 & a Amphib light tank based on it, obviously as Marines most would not have the aformentioned. While not in the game also believe they have an amphib version of SPSAM AA gun combo though for what you suggest probably still mainly MANPADS for AAA. Also seem to remember they have several light tanks APCs IFVs to choose from for follow on force. Also have a good range of light mortars etc till main arty can be landed. Biggest failing is probably air there EW suites are not very good on the whole & AAA overall lags behind the main players so USMC could have a bit of fun if area stuff is not in place.
I think we can assume land-based USAF from Japan and Okinawa plus the US carrier task group that WOULD be covering the USMC landing will pretty well nullify any Chinese air threat, so I think we can limit Chinese air to say 2 "flights" of 4-6 (whatever size the typical Chinese "flight" is) strike (i.e. not first-line) aircraft. One "flight" available for the initial Chinese attack, the second say turn 25-30ish OR possibility 10ish with say a 10-20% chance to arrive per turn so a player will have to choose to wait for them all or use them piecemeal. The USMC will have only the 6 aircraft normally inherent to a MEU. Given that Marine Air are VTOL and a MEU has the assets to refuel/rearm make 6 aircraft available turn 1, 4 on turn 30, 2 on turn 60 representing rearmed aircraft.

As to Chinese artillery, I think we can assume their initial attack brought in artillery, armor, etc...just limited numbers. The Chinese are not stupid, so their initial landing would be heavy on logistics, knowing that resupply will be difficult after the initial assault. But some first-rate heavier stuff would be included in the first assault.

LOTS of Chinese area SAMs, brought in on the initial assault to counter US air. These SAMs are the main USMC objective in the Chinese rear, but will NOT have any missiles for the sake of the scenario. The Chinese don't want to "waste" area SAMs on tactical air strikes, their lighter stuff can deal with it!

Other thoughts?

Don/Andy...could you maybe move the last couple posts between me and Imp to the PBEM forum?
Thanks!

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old March 15th, 2010, 04:47 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

This sort of stuff probably better worked out by email or PM feel free to do either esp if looking at releasing as a scenerio.
On Chinese planes the idea of remains arriving piecemeal is good if there were actually any left, they would have probably tried stopping the fleet or hitting landings.
SAMs as objectives therefore a good idea perhaps give Chinese helos rather than fast air as reinforcements & used in landings, still piecemeal arrival & transports could be loaded . Marine Mech formation light tanks & or MBT could also turn up as reinforcements in a more organised maner, assuming taken the ground but not had time to consolidate positions before USMC turn up.
Old March 15th, 2010, 10:43 PM

Lieutenant General

Quote:
This sort of stuff probably better worked out by email or PM feel free to do either esp if looking at releasing as a scenerio.
On Chinese planes the idea of remains arriving piecemeal is good if there were actually any left, they would have probably tried stopping the fleet or hitting landings.
SAMs as objectives therefore a good idea perhaps give Chinese helos rather than fast air as reinforcements & used in landings, still piecemeal arrival & transports could be loaded . Marine Mech formation light tanks & or MBT could also turn up as reinforcements in a more organised maner, assuming taken the ground but not had time to consolidate positions before USMC turn up.
Moved to PMs.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:07 AM

Corporal

rfisher is on a distinguished road

Just a little thought that occured after reading about the new demolition class. Unless I misunderstood, Mobhack said that the IEDs, booby traps etc of the new class would be able to be deployed outside the usual set up areas, up to the half way point.

So would it not be fun if you could also deploy special forces forward observation type units (SAS, Navy SEALS, maybe even snipers etc) in the same way?

Just a thought.