.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 10th, 2010, 12:22 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Legendary Ordeals

Oh my, tha legendary toughness o’ them Ashdod giants sure aint exaggerated. That province defense requires quite a mighty mallet ta smash, thankfully tha boys be up fer it. We’d a mind ta freeze out some o’ them with unfrozen but that be a hard proposition when thar be more giants than undead! Tha unfrozen be fairly tough by most standards, but them heavily blessed giants pretty much split them in half with each blow. Still I think if thar had been just a bit more o’ them ice cubes then tha giants might oh got a fatal amount of frostbite. Fortunately tha boys be much more inta raidin than those pitched battles so we’ll go ahead and take yer country while ya scrape tha unfrozen of yer huge swords. Oh, I did so hope that cuddly creature we sent ta visit yer pretender would bring him back, but ya had a fine bit o’ luck there, I think one more turn and he’d have had the important part of yer face in his mouth.

Ta Jomon I be sayin’ wait yer turn! Thar be plenty o’ spaces in the gallys and plenty o’ oars ta go around. Ye be sadly mistaken if ye hoped ta find the boys strung out and easy pickins as we go giant hunting, and now I think yer’ll find ya’ve bitten of a bit more than ya can chew. 2 on 1 aint be but a bit o’ warm up fer the boys, they be rather hard ta nail down and stop from making off with what they will. They be coming fer yer girls and yer booty now, and I do hope that big snake can come out ta play. Them ghost generals may have been a bit spooky ta the children yer used ta playin’ with, but we be tha masters o’ undead, and o course have a priest or three left over from preachin yer younger brother out. I think we be havin ta come kill all them necromancers ya been recruitin ta keep ya from getting ideas about who the undead serve. I do have a good belly laugh at ya figgerin ta take tha water away from Atlantis. Crabs and shrimp sound mighty fine, mighty fine indeed. Bring some lemons!
Old April 12th, 2010, 04:26 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pantokrator

Month by month I become more pleased upon what I see on this realm. Only now has the game truly begun! The bloodshed! The courage! Seeing it all pleases me so. Only the greatest of you have survived this far, but only the best of the best will be worthy enough of my place.

Fight Pretenders! Fight for your life! For there is no other place for the losers than the torments of Tartarus.

->
(I'm having a blast watching all these battles)
Old April 13th, 2010, 11:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

militarist is on a distinguished road

Burnsaber,set me please to AI, I send turn and killed it.And it appeared like I sent a wrong file. Thanks everybody for the game, especially Baalz .
Old April 13th, 2010, 11:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

kianduatha is on a distinguished road

Alas, for the cruel overlord e'en of Jomon's God has stricken him down at the most inopportune time, thwarting all plans to fight off the cruel invaders.

(Boss kept me an hour later at work, causing me to stale...sorry all, I'll try to make the best of it)
Old April 14th, 2010, 12:17 AM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

Congrats Baalz. You played this one very well.

Of course, there is always the next one.

I occasionally post something useful.
Old April 14th, 2010, 12:43 AM

Major General

Game's not over yet, just the giants.
Old April 14th, 2010, 03:16 AM

Colonel

Default Ordeal for turn 41: The Four Horsemen

Ordeal for turn 41: The Four Horsemen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pantokrator

As most of you know form the common prophesies, the apocalypse was originally intented to be performed by the Four Horsemen. Death, War, Pestilence and Famine. But as I desided to leave this realm to a new ruler instead of destroying it, I banished them to Tartarus as their purpose became moot.

However, it seems that the Four have somehow managed to escape tartarus to wreck destruction upon this realm as per their mission. However, they seem to be greatly weakened by their escape and do not hold their tools of vengeance. But I am sure that some spark of their formal might still lives in them and it would be wise of you pretenders to destroy them as soon as possible.

They seem to be heading towards the central island, towards my realm with fanatical adherance. Stop them! Prevent the gathering of the four!

->
Sorry, I apparenlty forgot to send a in-game message of this ordeal. Hopefully all of you have learned to cehck the forums regurarly for new developments.

This turn "Ghost Riders" were casted at 4 different provinces over the world. Those dudes are the four horsemen. The attacks will move towards the central island, using the shortest path possible. If the "Ghost Rider" attack is defeated, that horseman is dead for good and its slayer will get a boon to their total.

If a horseman gets to one of the four uw provinces bordering the cental island, all player who got attacked by that horseman lose boon (for failing to stop him). If two horsemen end up in the same province, they will combine forces and s'it will happen. If three of them combine forces, big s'it happens. If all four get together, you're all in big trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by militarist View Post
Burnsaber,set me please to AI, I send turn and killed it.And it appeared like I sent a wrong file. Thanks everybody for the game, especially Baalz .
If you want to turn AI, that's okay I guess, but you can still put up a fight. Get some defenders to your caps and kill as many as you can. However, in any case it is *much* easier for you to set the nation AI that it is for me. I'd appriciate it if you did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baalz View Post
Game's not over yet, just the giants.
This is definately true. All sorts of nasty nations are still in the game..
Old April 14th, 2010, 09:05 AM

Colonel

Okay, some general announcements.

Boon tables have been upgraded to yield more stuff.

And since it is quite obvious that militarist does not wish to continue in the game, I got a sub for him. Dear Pretenders, Give a big round of applause for Sensori, the master of "hopeless" subbing situations!
Old April 14th, 2010, 09:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

Sensori is on a distinguished road

Yes indeed, I'm basically subbing for an AI. The situation seems quite, um, grim, but I bet I can do something, like bleed on Baalz most profusely!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sensori For This Useful Post:
Old April 14th, 2010, 09:11 AM

Major General

Ah, this be makin' more sense fer it be mighty puzzling where them ghost riders showed up from. No worries on that pestilence fellow, we be setting up some lines he'll have a hard time ridin' through.