.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old January 16th, 2011, 12:59 PM

Private

karnoza is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "A Song of Ice and Fire", veterans-only game, MA. In progress, midgame...

Next turn due: 18:20 GMT on Sunday January 16th
Old January 17th, 2011, 07:30 AM

First Lieutenant

Corwin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "A Song of Ice and Fire", veterans-only game, MA. In progress, midgame...

Heads up - the game is about to host!

This turn is going to be the first turn of really global war, now that each and every nation in the realm are fighting each other. The powerful alliance of undeads and giants are now challenges the will of the Pythium Empire. The Ulm and BL are fighting off their freedom against Ermor's oppression. This brutal war has now become even more deadly...

Meanwhile TC continues to fight its own war against Vans who have shattered their empire.

Mental note to myself - in the future I should really try to make my turns in one go. Sure, turns now take a long time, but overall it is clear that I would spend much less time making turn if I do it in one approach, since this way I don't have to recall what the heck I was doing several days ago when I began to work on this turn.

Pretty straight-forward tip, but it really bit me in the butt during this turn when I broke this self-imposed rule. I imagine I've ended up spending at least 50% more time on this turn then I could. I will not repeat it again.
Old January 17th, 2011, 08:07 AM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road

And the central front has been secured, time to move ahead and wipe out those pesky reinforcements you've brought, my 1000 gem legion laughs at them!

Did you have to go ahead and burn the lab? But it does give me pleasure to have your fort taken by your own enslaved minions, muahahahahah!!!
Old January 17th, 2011, 03:43 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
And the central front has been secured, time to move ahead and wipe out those pesky reinforcements you've brought, my 1000 gem legion laughs at them!
Yes, I have decided to execute a limited withdrowal on the central front, you've brought too much stuff there. Naturally you have large logisitical advatage there - that central front of ours is within spitting distance from you capital, while I had to bring my reinforcemtns from across the entire map. Well done Executor - that's the first time I had to withdraw my forces in this game.

Our last two major battles on central front were essentially your tactical victories, regardless of the official battle results (one won, one lost), since both times my losses were heavier than yours. Which eventually have forced me to withdrow rather then risk annihilation of what was left of my forces.

However I believe those battles have cost you dearly as well. And I hope that 3rd time is the charm.

So to your 1000 gem legion - bring it on!

Last edited by Corwin; January 17th, 2011 at 03:54 PM..
Old January 24th, 2011, 08:42 PM

First Lieutenant

New turn is hosting! I am going to try to renew offensive on two of my fronts with Ermor. Let's see how it will go, as well as what's going to happen on a very important central front, where Ermor's infamous 1000 gem legion (aka boxing team) is deployed.

Also I am very curious to see what Jotuns are going to do. That army of theirs with almost every blood unique SC and large horde of high level demon troops is scary...

Last edited by Corwin; January 24th, 2011 at 08:52 PM..
Old January 24th, 2011, 09:38 PM

First Lieutenant

Hmm, looks like there maybe some problem with our new turn. It supposed to host an hour ago. Currently all nations turns have been received by Lamaserver but no new turn has been hosted according to the server.

I wonder if that can be somewhat related to the recent patch? Have you guys upgraded? Personally I haven't upgraded yet, but according to the other thread on this forum it should not cause any problems with turn submission/hosting? It is my understanding that you just need to patch your Dom3 client to be able to look at the new turn from patched server, that's all. Is it correct?
Old January 24th, 2011, 09:43 PM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road

No need to upgrade til the game says so, which I imagine will be this, and by this I mean when it hosts, for you my friend.

There have been hiccups from time to time in the last few days, I presume it should return to normal soon enough.

And btw, I would have also advanced on the central front had you not burned my lab, and of course if half of my SCs weren't gazing at the stars
Old January 24th, 2011, 10:00 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
No need to upgrade til the game says so, which I imagine will be this, and by this I mean when it hosts, for you my friend.

There have been hiccups from time to time in the last few days, I presume it should return to normal soon enough.

And btw, I would have also advanced on the central front had you not burned my lab, and of course if half of my SCs weren't gazing at the stars
Ok, sounds good, thank you.

About central front - good, that's why I have burned that lab. Basically for the last few turns I've been doing all I can to slow down your advance on the central front. I desperetely needed time to rebuild my defenses after you have wiped my best 7 SCs and my army, and I was afraid you would push forward before I was ready. BTW if you did push forward I would not be able to stop you, and you would almost certainly overrun all ex-Abyssia territory in few turns with your hordes of undeads that were no longer contained by the bottleneck province and my army protecting it. Which would also lead to my southern army being surrounded and trapped.

You may still be able to pull it off, but at leasy now I had quite a few turns to put together new army to stand againt your forces there.
Old January 25th, 2011, 01:51 AM

First Lieutenant

Ok, I've sent PM to Lama, describing that our game seem to be temporarily stuck. Hopefully he will be able to look at it soon and will give it a proper kick in the butt. As soon as it will happen we should all get our new turns.
Old January 25th, 2011, 01:32 PM

First Lieutenant

The problem with Lamaserver is gone, we got new turn. It looks like the issue was due to one of the hosted games crashing Llamabeast server.

I am sure you guys know it already, but just in case - everybody needs to upgrade to 1.26 patch, without it the new turn won't open.