.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Digital Eel > Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space > Scenarios and Mods

Old October 6th, 2006, 06:21 PM

Private

GuyFlash is on a distinguished road
Default Fighter Bays in player ships

Hey Everyone

I'm dabbling in modding WW a bit. Fun stuff, but anyway...

I'm trying to make a carrier type ship that the player can use as their ship. I tried just adding the Garthan Light Carrier as a ship you can select to start with. Seemed to work... I could select and play as the Garthan Light Carrier. I could even see the fighter bay on the ship (place holder icon). However, when I went into battle, no fighters came out. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Much thanks,
Nick
Old October 7th, 2006, 10:51 AM

Private

Draxis is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fighter Bays in player ships

For fighter bays to activate you must order your carrier to target a hostile ship. I have this working on a mod I was playing with some months ago, dont know if I had to change anything else though.
Old October 11th, 2006, 01:55 AM

Corporal

ImUrOBGYN is on a distinguished road

Haven't gotten it to work, either. And yes, we were targeting. Just didn't work.
Old October 11th, 2006, 12:25 PM

Private

ScreamerSimon is on a distinguished road

Hi ImUrOBGYN,

seems that we are both working on the same problem(s), so why not help each other? I have experienced the same problems you mention, when trying to fix that bug on the B5 Mod, but also on an own Tan Ru carrier-type-thing (basically I am trying to create a mod which seamlessly fits into WW, style wise like "Added Content" and "Weirder Worlds" which I like very much).
But there must be a solution to this problem, the guy who did the "Battlestar" mod has the fighterbays spitting loads of crafts. Unfortunately I have not yet found a difference in the code, but perhaps you are more into it than me.

Also I am trying to get the "ovadestroy" quest from "Weirder Worlds" to work, just for practice reasons.
Old October 11th, 2006, 01:16 PM

Private

Draxis is on a distinguished road

I have fighterbays launching Alkari Fighters for my Alkari Carriers in the simulator, not tried putting one in as a starting ship though. Can probably find the changes I had to make to get it working if you like
Old October 12th, 2006, 11:23 PM

Private

GuyFlash is on a distinguished road

I've been able to launch fighters with no problem now. Just need to target an enemy (a bit of a pain), but it works. Thanks Daxis
Old October 13th, 2006, 01:47 AM

Corporal

ImUrOBGYN is on a distinguished road

Psientist and I both tried figuring it out on the B5 mod. I gave up awhile back and it seems he has, too. Neither one of us could figure out what was wrong/missing. So many times I thought I had it figured out only to prove myself wrong.
Old October 13th, 2006, 07:16 PM

Private

ScreamerSimon is on a distinguished road

What I will try next (if one of you has not alreasy done so) on the B5 mod is create two new ships for the Narn race, a copy of the Fighter and the Carrier-type. These should not be parts of the fleets, this should be the the G'Quan Cruiser that allies with the player, and the fighters those supposed to launch from it. I have noticed in other mods that all allyable ships are special copies (without flags) of a fleet-type ship.
Can anyone confirm or disprove this?
Old October 20th, 2006, 05:53 PM

Sergeant

Fingers is on a distinguished road

The ally ships in WW have their own race-ship entries mainly so they can have a different name ("Bloodfang" rather than "Garthan Corvette" etc).

Fighter bays in player-owned ships should work. You do need to target an enemy, as this will direct the fighters. It's a little inelegant, but having fighters spew out and then just sit in space because there's no visible enemies (e.g. space hulk and deep hunter encounters) was worse.

If you're having difficulty with a custom fighterbay, check the following:
- are the custom fighterbay item and the fighter's hull in game.ini? Check spelling!
- is the custom fighter entry included in the race's .ini file, and is the fighterbay item referring to it correctly? (Race's proper name, and correctly spelled ship name)
- is the carrier ship entry in the race's .ini file referring to the fighterbay item correctly (by filename minus extension)?

(Also, if you could send me a download link to your mod, I could take a look at it)
Old December 9th, 2007, 02:54 AM

Private

charliecooper is on a distinguished road

Is there something about the terran fighters (ter_rip and ter_ftr) that prevents them from deploying during combat.
I can get any other fighters working, but not those.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 569672-Rebel Alliance.rar (1.34 MB, 220 views)