.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old May 27th, 2013, 06:39 AM

First Lieutenant

mattyburn7 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Furious Noobs -EA- (Newbie Game, 10/10, Running)

Rev is correct. Once a nation hits a certain point, there is no stopping him. Ermor is either there or just about there. That gem and research lead combined with arcane nexus on top is a guaranteed game winner.
I'm traveling today, but later today I'll check my gem count and will be happy to contribute. I'll also be sending diplomatic notes out (I owe you one Arco and I also owe you gems in light of all this, but I might be able to get you out of the Tir mess anyway).
Old May 27th, 2013, 04:37 PM

Private

Brain_Caster is on a distinguished road

Damn, I cast a neat global enchantment, and suddenly everyone talks about pooling freaking hundreds of gems to dispel it and declaring war on me...

Anyway... as Kailasa just declared war on me and obviously intends to commit the aggressive act of dispelling my ruinously expensive enchantment this very turn, rather than respect the NAP-12, I can't say I'm too fond of the apes right now. The Senate and the People of Ermor loathe oathbreaker.

Thus, in anticipation of Kailasa's dispelling of my Arcane Nexus, I hereby wish to make the following offer to Oceania and Tir na n'Og. This offer can be considered effective from the moment on which the Nexus will be dispelled:

Let's partition Kailasa between the two of you.

Ermoran armies shall fight side by side with TNN's an Oceania's forces, and liberate the people from the monkeys' yoke. Ermor itself understands that such a war would be a much greater effort for the two smaller nations of Oceania and Tir na n'Og, and as such we would be willing to let you have all of Kailasa's provinces, even if Ermor should be the one to shatter Kailasa's armies. PM me, and we'll arrange the details.

With the utmost respect,

Senatus Populusque Ermorus

Last edited by Brain_Caster; May 27th, 2013 at 04:46 PM..
Old May 27th, 2013, 04:54 PM

Corporal

Trumelunki is on a distinguished road

Nice propaganda

I have no intentions of dispelling your Arcane Nexus. Nor am I currently attacking you in any way. Though I shall be happy if someone else does it... Currently any spells cast will make you - the undisputed leader - even stronger.

What I have done is this: I cancelled our non-aggression pact. Whatever happens after the cooldown period will remain to be seen. I trust my fellow players, just check the score graphs and see where the game is heading.
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:09 PM

Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumelunki View Post
Nice propaganda

I have no intentions of dispelling your Arcane Nexus. Nor am I currently attacking you in any way. Though I shall be happy if someone else does it... Currently any spells cast will make you - the undisputed leader - even stronger.

What I have done is this: I cancelled our non-aggression pact. Whatever happens after the cooldown period will remain to be seen. I trust my fellow players, just check the score graphs and see where the game is heading.
It's quite obvious that you intend to do so, or at least plan to have someone else do it for you next turn. With a spell fuelled by Kailasan gems, I suspect.

And I am not blind to the strategical realities. If Ermor falls, Kailasa will win the game. It is Kailasa which has the greatest interest in forming a coalition against me. Tien Chi is about to be conquere by Abysia, and would be an utter fool to provoce Ermor's ire in addition... unless Kailasa had promised them support, leading Tien Chi to believe Ermor would be too distracted to fight them...

I do not believe the ruler of Tien Chi to be a fool.

Well, Oceania, TNN, allow me to make my counteroffer: If my Arcane Nexus is dispelled, as I've come to expect it will be, by either Kailasa or Tien Chi, I'll assume Kailasa is behind it, and help you take all their povinces. At that point you will both be in a position where you have a chance to win the game.
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:12 PM

First Lieutenant

Could We have a 24 hour delay please. I'm on the road and there is much to digest in this one.
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:16 PM

Corporal

Added 24 hours as requested.
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:26 PM

Corporal

Too much diplomacy. Brain hurts. Need sleep.

(This is really fun though. I have no idea who will attack who and what will happen.)
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:29 PM

Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumelunki View Post
Too much diplomacy. Brain hurts. Need sleep.

(This is really fun though. I have no idea who will attack who and what will happen.)
Seconded. On both counts.

Good Night, everyone. I'll count the daggers in my back tomorrow morning.
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:47 PM

First Lieutenant

Yes...I think I've been in this game about 3 turns and I've exchanged multiple diplomatic notes with everyone. Fun game..happy to see everyone so into it!
Old May 28th, 2013, 01:31 AM

Private

Happyfungi is on a distinguished road

Braincaster, I am the ringleader behind this dispelling because you didn't even respond to my offer of massive amounts gems to order to nuke Tir Na Nog into non-existence. You should have at least said no thanks.

I am converting all of my gems into Astrals to make sure you wasted your casting of Arcane Nexus. I was only sending in my astrals to nuke you, but since you are flinging accusations and threats around, while having ignored me as potential ally I will be using the 300 hundred plus gems I offered you to nuke the hell out of you. It is time to pay for your arrogance.

You are my enemy because you are not my friend.

Kailassa and Oceania are my friends and allies, they listened when I offered gem bribes to fight my enemies. I am releasing them from any further obligation to defend me and my lands. I am only concerned with your destruction. Not for having refused me, but for ignoring me outright.

Anyway I have been slaughtering Tir Na Nog's helpless and defenseless little "geared up thugs" via seductive assassination. It is hard to use an army with no mage support.