World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old November 25th, 2006, 03:35 PM

Colonel

Q is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Next Balance Mod Update

Quote:
AAshbery76 said:
There are no intel points done by the A.I's whatsoever, been playing for hours vs 13 A.I's.
Well, I have seen different.
In my opinion the AI uses even too much intel both in the balance mod and in standard SE V if you consider that most intel projects are of little real value for the AI.
Old November 25th, 2006, 04:08 PM

Corporal

AAshbery76 is on a distinguished road

Even too much?

I repeat, in a 6 hour game vs 13 A.I's they have zero intel points.Are you playing the latest BM version?
Old November 25th, 2006, 06:55 PM

Colonel

Yes version 0.98 BM and 1.17 SE V.
With too much intel I mean that IMO the AI would profit more if it built research facilities instead of intel facilities.
What turn/stardate are you in your game?

In my standard SE V game at stardate 2405.3 the Abbidon have more than 21000 intel points per turn, other AI empires have less, some have no intel.
Old November 25th, 2006, 07:04 PM

First Lieutenant

Raapys is on a distinguished road

21000 O_O

In several of my lasts game none of the empires have had any intel points, while in the few games they've had some they've never had more than 3-4k.
Old November 25th, 2006, 10:14 PM

National Security Advisor

Captain Kwok is on a distinguished road

I stuck Intel Colonies to the bottom of the colony types list - so it's usually the last one to get satisfied and if there isn't too many colonies established it probably gets left out - unless they get lucky and designate a breathable as a intel colony. There is a mixed colony for research-intel but it probably doesn't help that much when it's chosen for a non-breathable. I'll push intel back up the list and drop something else.
Old November 25th, 2006, 11:05 PM

First Lieutenant

Raapys is on a distinguished road

How about just dropping intel type colonies entirely, and have them build an intel center or two on the resource and/or research type colonies?
Old November 26th, 2006, 12:14 AM

The AI will build Intel facilities on 3 types of colonies: Intel, Research & Intel, and Military. However, the problem is that often these mixed colonies get assigned to non-breathable colonies with insufficient space so they don't always see an Intel Center.

No worries though, I'll bump up the Intel Compound priority a bit and you'll see some more Intel points produced.

---

I was able to remedy my problem with the new treaty proposal scheme and it seems to be working out OK now. Depending on a few factors like anger or the number of wars its in, the AI will make packages for the following treaty "classes": Partnership, Military Alliance, Cooperation, Trade & Research, Trade, Non-Aggression, Non-Intercourse, Protectorate, and Subjugation. Some of the terms are "hard-coded", others are allowed to vary in their stipulations, and lastly some terms are randomly thrown in.

Currently, counter proposals and stuff work under the old scheme. I doubt I'll bring them up to snuff in this patch to the new system but if it isn't too complicated then maybe.

---

I'm also adding a Bombardment Ship for the AI to use in its fleets. This guy will generally be designed to soften up the defenses of colonies with planetary weapons - sort of a countermeasure to deal with the stronger planet defenses.

---

I should have a v0.99 of the mod ready for tomorrow night.
Old November 26th, 2006, 06:22 AM

Sergeant

henk brouwer is on a distinguished road

About the AI colonies: is the AI capable of making domed colonies undomed if it has the right population? If transporting the non-breathers of the planet is too complicated you could just let the AI 'scrap' the offending population . It would give them tons of extra facility space.

I was quite suprised to see that you can scrap populations without any obvious impact on loyalty or happines, perhaps that should be considered a SEV bug though. The whole domed-undomed thing seems quite awkward, It would make far more sense if a planet became undomed if a population is present that can breath it's atmosphere, even if races that can't breath it are still on the planet. The non- breathers would stay domed, and would be limited in their growth by the maximum domed capacity, but I see no logical reason why the race that can breath the atmosphere couldn't populate the rest of the surface. That's more of an SEV issue though. I'm looking forward to the patch.

Christmas module v1.05 (attached to first post)

Xerathul's Revenge v0.5
Old November 26th, 2006, 06:33 AM

Colonel

As far as I have seen the AI does not remove population to undome a colony. Would indeed be a major improvement if he would.
Old November 26th, 2006, 10:58 AM

I would suggest that on a mixed colony with a breathable and non-breathable race, that the non-breathers should become subject to migration to breathable planets. Over time, all the non-breathers would be shipped out and leave a non-domed colony behind.