.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old January 27th, 2011, 06:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

rabelais is on a distinguished road
Default Re: BearTrap - Early age game. Running like a cripple in a running competition.

Hiya all.Just a short note, it's a much longer story, but my toddler just got home so I'll have to be brief.

I've been ambivalent about this game for some time, mostly because Yomi (Zeldor) has spent the entire game trying to shake me down for territory in exchange for "peace". By which he meant pay him off not to dogpile me after Ulm declared war. Really just been a tiresome jerk about it. Constant nagging, threatening and self-justification. The friendly extorter who just can't bring himself to behave less unreasonably because of "the graphs". Really makes me dread his every diplo. He's also been in violation of our nominal NAP for almost the entire game. So I'm attacking him. I will probably lose because I've left it too long. But I encourage everyone else to attack him too, because he is an annoying jerk.

I gave Ulm a very generous peace treaty because he was very forthright in his reasons for declaring war, and admitted he was losing. Also I figured demonstration of generosity of spirit would piss Yomi off.

Agartha is attacking me as well (likely at Yomi's instigation) but I bear him no ill will beyond that due a noncommunicative neighbor who invades you. He won't get far.

Oh and since Yomi has been so concerned with graphs look at the research and castle stats. I will be tying up his army for the foreseeable. I encourage everyone to help prevent his magery/research lead from becoming insurmountable. Also he is a jerk, I assume not just to me. I'm not that special. But I'm enjoying the game more now that my only goal is to kill Yomi.

Hoping the rest of you are having fun too.

Rabe
Old January 28th, 2011, 08:16 AM

General

Zeldor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: BearTrap - Early age game. Running like a cripple in a running competition.

Nice attempt at doing some propaganda there. Quite poor though.

I guess everyone should know that TC is played by unhonourable leadership that does not respect NAPs. NAP that you signed and now you violated.

It's clear who is game leader. Ulm saw it too - and he was the only one brave enough to face you. Well, it's time for others to see it. Game leader that does not respect NAPs, insults players [ha, ha, let's laugh at ghoul31 and insult him - great diplomacy] and feels that he can do everything. Time to check it.

So if anyone wants to take down game leader - please contact me. If you have signed NAP with him join too - he does not respect them, so you will be next on his list. Let's fight arrogance and childish behavior. Let's kill TC.

LA Agartha guide
Old January 28th, 2011, 12:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

See, this is what I find so offensive about your behavior. Almost everything you say is a calculated lie. I have a lot of respect for your guides and general game knowledge, but you should be above this kind of wanker bull****. But perhaps that's why you play the game, for the opportunity of exploitation and the mind****.

Plus you pull the classic Rovian shtick of throwing the exact same accusation back at the person who criticizes you. This isn't your first game. People have seen you pull this crap innumerable times before. I told you privately and now I'm saying publicly, that I would rather go down in flames than put up with this.

And that's the thing about Rove (and implicitly you?) everyone knows he lies, everyone knows he's a jerk and no one likes him or thinks he's an honorable person, even among those who agree with him politically.

Anyway if Ulm, or anyone wants to chime in about our respective characterizations they certainly may. The more light on this the better as far as I'm concerned.

And for the record, I didn't insult Agartha. I just said I didnt think his invasion would work out as well as he hoped.

I have no hopes for my invasion other than making someone else benefits from my throwing my chaff hordes against your flaming arrow bakemonos.

There will be other games. Let's hope you act differently in the next one.
Old January 28th, 2011, 03:31 PM

General

See, you should really learn how to talk to people. We could have civilised chat, but you decided to pick a language like here, in last message. Hard to come to any agreement.

Sure, I wanted to make a deal. Deal good for me. I offered reasonable price. You had your own opinion. I did not say you are a jerk, because you don't to agree to my offer. I simply stated the facts. But it looks like my approach with telling the truth did not work. I doubt any would work - you are just too much focused on yourself.

So instead of organising smth with my neighbours, or helping someone fight me, or just trying to win the game you decided that the best solution is to violate NAP and attack me like that? And now you are saying you are the one with better approach to MP?

LA Agartha guide
Old January 28th, 2011, 04:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

We have had a very very very long civilized chat. I even made you several offers to resolve your issues with my having multipath flying site searchers and having expanded in a straight line. This despite your ridiculous shakedown/harassment.

You have been in violation of our NAP for over 10 turns. You took 116 while the NAP was in effect. Abysia and others can verify this. My taking back the province you illegally stole does not constitute *my* violating the NAP.

Your offer was extortion.

You never simply state facts. You are the one who is cavalier about NAP's This is well known in the community. In any case you seem to think our NAP was ending this turn, even though I never received your cancellation notice.

But I will stipulate to that, particularly since it means I am free to actually take your territory, as opposed to taking mine back.

Rabe
Old January 28th, 2011, 10:10 PM

General

116 was always mine - and you confirmed that long time ago. So you have violated NAP and took my territory.

So let's see how people in the game feel about having superpower that does not respect any agreements and that cannot be trusted. You can tell a lot, but I have a reputation of always keeping my word and never breaking NAPs. Too bad some people have lower standards...

LA Agartha guide
Old January 30th, 2011, 05:08 AM

Corporal

mscfish is on a distinguished road

This is a game.So show your power in the battlefield.
Sign an NAP treaty and then extort the other when they are attacked is unhonorable.(although it is a strategy,especilally in this game within Machiavellian diplomacy)
Old January 30th, 2011, 07:13 AM

Captain

Quitti is on a distinguished road

Everything's allowed in this game (Except the extreme cheesy tactics like scout blocking and crap like that). I do not border either of Yomi or TC so I will not opportunize this moment.

Oh and llamaserver seems to have become upset. Maybe it's lover left it or something. Anyway, the game's due to host 10.40pm on TUESDAY now, even though the game page does not show it. At least that's what I've postponed it to (+36h). This is to give llama some time to fix his server - which is awesome work. If you got a few extra bucks/euros, donate them to him to help the incentive to keep the server up
Old January 31st, 2011, 09:18 AM

Captain

Quitti is on a distinguished road

The game is postponed more to prevent it from hosting while llamabeast is looking into the issue. Games seem to be dissappearing when hosting currently, and we wouldn't like to add this into llamabeasts problems, would we?
Old February 3rd, 2011, 04:16 PM

Corporal

Mauxe is on a distinguished road

I am hoping to have my laptop connected to wifi tonight.
Currently my power has been off since Tuesday. My house is sub-40 right now and we have had to relocate.
I'll post as soon as I'm able to send in a turn.
(I'm at work now - internet but no Dom3)

Mauxe
(I had internet access Tuesday evening and should have sent in a turn then... but I really never expected this amount of downtime.)