.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old June 1st, 2012, 06:22 PM

Corporal

Hrum is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fortresses and garrisons in water provinces

Calahan, Wraithlord and others were talking about possible tweaks to the HoF on the other forums recently, if you're interested. I don't believe anything's come of it so far, but they were throwing out ideas like the possibility of using ELO rankings, or some less cumbersome / paired down equivalent...

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/...topic=756&st=0

I see Amhazair, Wraithlord, Valerius and other vets starting games here occasionally, but most of the Shrapnel games are newb games. If you check the other forums there are a bunch of vets there (or on IRC) so I bet you could get into a game with people you've done battle with in the past.

But yeah, you definitely don't have anything to prove. I made that crack about the HoF semi-facetiously; was just curious if you were going to get into playing again.

I don't know if I ever read your mini-AAR for Artifacts. I've read some of the other accounts of your games - like Calahan describing your Jotunheim rush in a RAND game. Now I'll have to go scanning through the Artifacts thread...

Last edited by Hrum; June 1st, 2012 at 06:43 PM..
Old June 1st, 2012, 06:22 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road

It feels absurd for me to be fact checking Micah but, yes, I can confirm that Wizard's Tower and 3RS can't target water provinces.

Kelp Fortress was changed from a common to an uncommon site and while I typically play games with few water provinces I have found that you come across it a lot less frequently (but I'm not sure what the percentages are for common, uncommon and rare sites).

Also, welcome back Micah. Having you around to help with answering questions may reduce Calahan's blood pressure.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 01:01 AM

Major

Micah is on a distinguished road

I'm still wearing my humility hat after making an egregious factual error on the other forums, and I don't have the game installed to check the spells, so feel free to check!

I tried to make the Artifacts AAR amusing to read, let me know if I succeeded at all.

I'm skeptical about another game, but I haven't ruled it out, at least if I can remember where my Dom CD is.

I'd feel bad about hijacking the thread, but I think it's pretty much factually and completely answered at this point.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 04:52 AM

Major General

Yeah, the Artifacts AAR is funny. Especially liked the "make a human SC" line and the siege of C'tis (having just had a similarly painful experience besieging maenad-filled forts).

As for derailing threads, that's a time honored tradition. And tying in to derailing and funny posts/threads here are some links from a recent blood stones thread:

Assasians
Crossbows vs Longbows! (linking directly to TwoBits' post because I find it so funny but of course the rest of the thread is worth checking out)
Wolven Winter and global warming
Monkey PD!

And one more that I ran across the other day:

Twan's complete !?!? FAQ

Lol. I'd completely forgotten about the !?!? series of questions.
Old June 4th, 2012, 05:58 PM

Corporal

Hrum is on a distinguished road

Necroing the hijack...

I enjoyed that Artifacts AAR, both amusing and reasonably informative. I can see that you didn't want to get too detailed, but it was a nice overview of the action.

I'd forgotten about that assasians thread, Valerius. That was special, in a church lady kind of way.
Old June 6th, 2012, 03:55 PM

Major General

Yes, Assasians is quite funny - the thread equivalent of a one liner, where the others require more setup time.