.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 28th, 2013, 01:40 PM

Sergeant

Peacekeeper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Furious Noobs -EA- (Newbie Game, 10/10, Running)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumelunki View Post
Seems Agartha is dead. Anyone care to tell briefly what happened and why such an early attack?
I ran into agartha in the 4th turn. In our negotiations for a NAP he said he would only be able to guarantee me no aggression until the end of the first year.

This left me in a tough spot, he was a heavy bless nation with strong sacreds and terrible scales (turmoil3, sloth3, heat3, growth2, luck3) who was intent on early aggression on his neighbours. I had good expansion up to that point and his was a bit lacking so I decided to fight him then and there rather than wait. With the sloth3 scale, he couldnt produce a certain mass of sacred units so I was able to swarm down his guys with high defense units and keep him down to 1-2 provinces which let me win out in the end.
Old March 31st, 2013, 07:56 PM

Private

Brain_Caster is on a distinguished road

Let it be know, that of today (turn 23), the Senate and People of Ermor consider their NAP with Chiconahuiehecatl of Mictlan to have been canceled, and due notice given.

We do this, not because we wish for Mictlan's destruction, but because they have ignored our latest messengers. The crisis in the north threatens us all. Ermor can no longer wait for Mictlan to react - we must act.
Old March 31st, 2013, 09:50 PM

Sergeant

its not much of a threat anymore, kailasa saw to that.
Old March 31st, 2013, 10:19 PM

Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
its not much of a threat anymore, kailasa saw to that.
Kailasa is the threat I am talking about. As far as I know they have broken an NAP with no warning or provocation, which is something Ermor opposes on principle, and their military budget is enormous relative to the size of their nation. Mictlan just happens to be in the way.

BTW, Kailasa / Trumelunki, if you're reading this, I am not opposed to discussing this like reasonable people before we end up fighting each other for no good reason. Feel free to send me a P.M anytime.
Old April 1st, 2013, 11:59 AM

Corporal

Trumelunki is on a distinguished road

Seems I need to clarify what happened between Mictlan and Kailasa (me), so that you don't think I am just a dishonorable backstabber (though I did kind of backstab Mictlan, but he totally deserved it).

All this started around turn 8, when I get a message from Mictlan, that they will attack my province Fogyc, which I had taken a turn before. He hoped that I don't mind and maybe we can still be friends and all that kind of lies.

I proceeded to inform him that I will consider the action an act of war and he should reconsider. Well he was not going to back up, so I had retreat. I had no chance to fight those double blessed warriors. I obviously agreed on an non-aggression pact to ease his mind.

Let's go forward 10 turns. I have no chance to go anywhere, being sandboxed between C'tis and Mictlan. Mictlan and C'tis are at war. For a reason or another I decided to give Mictlan a second chance and informed that I will now take my province back. He refused. The province was actually controlled by C'tis at this point.

I did some diplomacy with him to make him believe he can bully me twice and promptly took the province by force. I then marched to his capital just to prove my point. I was pretty happy to get my revenge.

Now I will let you be my judge. Was I lying bastard or did I just do some clever machivellian diplomacy to take my revenge. Feel free to choose both options

Trumelunki of Kailasa
Old April 3rd, 2013, 12:15 PM

Corporal

Trumelunki is on a distinguished road

Let it be known to all mortal world that the enlightened Naakka of Kailasa and mighty Caesar Aeternus of Ermor have signed a non-aggression pact (12 turns warning).

Let our holy lips never touch chocholate if we break our word.
Naakka of Kailasa
Old April 3rd, 2013, 12:22 PM

Private

Let it be to all mortal world and their divine rulers that the august Caster Aeternus of Ermor and the enlightened Naakka of Kailasa have signed a non-aggression pact (12 turns warning).

May frogs crawl out of our mouths if we break our word.
The Senate and the People of Ermor, and their divine ruler Caster Aeternus.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 06:40 PM

Sergeant

12 turns warning? i see that one ending in a machiavellian way.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 07:13 PM

Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
12 turns warning? i see that one ending in a machiavellian way.
There shall be no betrayal. Kailasa can be sure of that. Our oath is sacred to us. When we declared an NAP with Argatha, we kept our word. When we declared an NAP with Tir na n'Og and Tien Chi, we kept our word, and shall continue to do so. When we declared an NAP with Mictlan, we kept our word even in their most vulnerable hour, and when we declared an end to that NAP, we did so openly and in accordance with the conditions of our pact.

And should we ever declare an end to our NAP with Kailasa, we will stand by the same principles once again.

Ermor believes in honor. We believe in remaining true to our word. We believe in being fair and just to those who are fair and just to us. We believe in carrying grudges against those who betray us, even if it's to our disadvantage, just for the satsifaction of having hurt the betrayer. And we believe in the value of having the world know that this is so. Rest assured, the NAP-3 between Ermor and Tien Chi is as sacred to us as this new pact between Ermor and Kailasa.

But never mistake our honor for naivety. There is pragmatism in honor. By proving that we are dependable, we invite others to do the same. The fact that we shall not commit betrayal ourselves does not mean we will not prepare for betrayal from others, it just means that we give them an opportunity to show us honor in return and benefit from the security of having a neighbor that actually abides by their pact.

Last edited by Brain_Caster; April 3rd, 2013 at 07:21 PM..
Old April 3rd, 2013, 07:31 PM

Sergeant

it wasnt a comment on your honor, it was a comment on just how long 12 turns is. Thats half the game weve played so far and a very very long time to wait for a NAP to end.