.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old May 28th, 2013, 01:37 AM

Private

Happyfungi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Furious Noobs -EA- (Newbie Game, 10/10, Running)

And by the way, Braincaster the act of casting arcane nexus is generally considered a declaration of war against all other nations in the game. You basically nullify any oath or NAP when you cast it. Same goes for Burden of Time, Utterdark, Astral Corruption, and to a lesser extent sometimes Forge of the Ancients or Gift of Health.
Old May 28th, 2013, 03:10 AM

Corporal

Trumelunki is on a distinguished road

Hey Happyfungi!

No need to throw your game away. We are all concerned about Ermor getting too powerful to stop. But let's all play to win, even if the win is an extremely remote chance.

I'll make a clear statement. Kailasa is at war with Tir na n'Og and allied with Arcoscephale. Partly because we made a deal Arcoscephale - partly because Tir na n'Og was not interested in making a hidden deal in the future against Ermor. We will use soft power to annoy the power hungry Ermor, but will not attack - for now.

I will also want to say this. I will not hold it against the player if you decide to backstab me. I think it's in the spirit of this game - there can only be one winner! I hope you all understand this. However, if anyone decides to backstab me I will of course retaliate with full force!

Good luck to all!
Old May 28th, 2013, 04:02 AM

Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumelunki View Post
Hey Happyfungi!

No need to throw your game away. We are all concerned about Ermor getting too powerful to stop. But let's all play to win, even if the win is an extremely remote chance.
If he goes unchecked he wins, I have no chance of winning against him if he keeps up his killer global. I intend to win this game, I would not have taken on such a challenge just to lie down and give up all hope of winning, unlike my only enemy other than Ermor. Yes Tir Na Nog I am taling to you. I don't know what the last Arco player did you make you want to give up and lose the larger game just to destroy Arco. You simply don't give a damn about winning if you aren't full bore attacking Ermor with everything you have right now. I am and that is via my gem reserves.

Which would have been Ermor's had he not been so arrogant as to ignore my humble request to destroy you from afar.

Any player worth their salt knows who to attack at this stage of the game, if they really want to win. That is the player who will win if left unmolested, any player who is unwilling to work to crush Ermor is a quitter and a fool and should not be playing Dominions at all.

Winning is Everything your Pretender will die lost and forgotten if you fail to win, your goal is to achieve Supreme Godhood. If you aren't able to attack Ermor directly you should be sending crafted items and gems to those who are able to attack Ermor. If you don't like that idea you should be casting remote attack spells and province disrupting and unrest causing spells onto Ermor's lands. As long as Ermor sits upon it's lofty throne no one else can win and if you are not playing to win why are you even playing.

Ermor is playing to win. I say let the cowardly players continue to pick away at non entities since they will achieve nothing but derision and a bad name for themselves. Who would ever ally with someone who is unwilling or unable to see when the Void is Screaming their name with Ermor's lips. Let the losers who want to lose, waste their time on frivolous antics.

If the players who want to win, are able to overthrow the nightmare that is Ermor. They can all gang up without mercy on any player who didn't try from the very beginning to take to down the rogue Pretender who wanted to destroy Your Pretender. That is it He wants you ALL dead, while he may offer you lands and "partitions" what he is really selling you is your own slow humiliating death by cowardice. All I can say is "Die, cowards, Die the death of shame of having been kept around as Ermor's play toys."

I'll be converting those gems now to astral pearls to be used for Ermor killing. I can read the writing on the wall and it says" Kill Ermor or Die a Fool and a Coward."
Old May 28th, 2013, 04:36 AM

Private

Any allies I paid with gems should keep those gems and use them to fight Ermor. I will not insist that my allies Attack Tir Na Nog anymore. If you want to because of your own reasons that is up to you, you are no longer bound in anyway to feel obligated to me.

Basically if he isn't with us (us I would assume is every other player in game except for Ermor) then he is against us and I have no trouble with continuing to fight him and will work in what little ways I can with his enemies. If he isn't with us and you can't for some reason attack ermor yet I say we wipe him from the board as he will just backstab and betray to settle for second, third, or foruth in a game that has only two outcomes, Godhood or death.

If Tir Na Nog is with us, I will only ask to take back the lands adjacent to my capitol and the one lone land that is left behind my lines. I will concede all other lands I have lost to Tir Na Nog until the turn Ermor is eliminated. I vow to keep complete and total peace with Tir Na Nog and all other players until Ermor is dead. Then we can go back to doing what we all do best making our Pretenders Gods through forced conversion of the little people and the destruction of our more evenly matched enemies.
Old May 28th, 2013, 05:10 AM

Sergeant

revenant2 is on a distinguished road

I'm 100% focused on going after Ermor. I don't have much of a prayer of winning this game, but I know the fastest way to lose is to let Ermor stand unchecked, so I'm going to do everything in my power to stop him.

Anyone who has a NAP with him now has a legitimate cause to immediately terminate their NAPs with him due to the game winning nature of the global, i.e., you have Casus beli.

My only question is who is going to dispel his global? I can do it, although I don't have enough gems. I'll happily give them to someone else or accept donations to do it on everyone's behalf, but let's decide who will be the caster so we can send in the gems this turn. The less turns he has to accumulate astral gems the better.
Old May 29th, 2013, 04:05 PM

Sergeant

revenant2 is on a distinguished road

Great job with the astral gem donation everyone! Dispel coming next turn.
Old May 31st, 2013, 10:43 AM

Private

Brain_Caster is on a distinguished road

Just out of curiosity: How many of you guys currently ganging up on me in my very first non-duel newbie multi-player game are actually newbies?
Old May 31st, 2013, 10:56 AM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain_Caster View Post
Just out of curiosity: How many of you guys currently ganging up on me in my very first non-duel newbie multi-player game are actually newbies?
This is my first multiplayer game of Dominions 3 ever!

However, I played in 3 multiplayer games of Dominions 2 like - hmm checking - 7 years ago! I never got into endgame though And just to record some history. I actually played in one game with that guy who had found a way to cheat in Dominions 2, can't remember the name. Was quite an incident around that time.
Old May 31st, 2013, 11:00 AM

Private

Brain_Caster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:

However, I played in 3 multiplayer games of Dominions 2 like - hmm checking - 7 years ago! I never got into endgame though And just to record some history. I actually played in one game with that guy who had found a way to cheat in Dominions 2, can't remember the name. Was quite an incident around that time.
I was primarily talking about the guys who joined up as subs for the ones who left. Since I'm rather certain most of them aren't newbies.

As for you, I suppose you should be congratulated for doing so well in your first game (I suppose I should be congratulated too ). Did you do a lot of reading on the forums beforehand?
Old May 31st, 2013, 11:23 AM

Corporal

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I was primarily talking about the guys who joined up as subs for the ones who left. Since I'm rather certain most of them aren't newbies.

As for you, I suppose you should be congratulated for doing so well in your first game (I suppose I should be congratulated too ). Did you do a lot of reading on the forums beforehand?

Congratulations for you too! And yes, I did do lots of reading. That's what I always do. When I get excited about something - usually some game or another - I spend my all spare moments at home (and at work...) thinking and reading about the subject. If I ever would have get so excited about my studies. sigh..

I suppose this is how most strategy game players operate. My main hobby btw is the game of go, any other go-players in the game?