.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old February 15th, 2010, 01:52 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Legendary Ordeals

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pantokrator

The Personal Ordeals can be completed whenever one wants to do so or is able to do so. I will not take away this opportunity to prove yourself in future ordeals.
However, wise pretender would note that the rewards are set in stone, so they will not be upgraded during this competition. So, the earlier you compete your ordeal the better the rewards will relatively be. Also, some Ordeal rewards have low-powered artifacts that will only be awarded if they are forgeable at the time of completion (if they are not, they will be replaced with lower-construction items).
Old February 15th, 2010, 04:45 AM

Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsaber View Post
However, wise pretender would note that the rewards are set in stone, so they will not be upgraded during this competition. So, the earlier you compete your ordeal the better the rewards will relatively be. Also, some Ordeal rewards have low-powered artifacts that will only be awarded if they are forgeable at the time of completion (if they are not, they will be replaced with lower-construction items).
Just a disclaimer in the name of common sense:

Although completing ordeals fast is an advantage, surviving is even bigger advantage. If you had a game plan, you should follow it instead of spending all resources on completing the Ordeal.

Also, you are allowed to do certain "backroom dealing" with other nations in order to make it easier to fill certain criteria within the ordeal. It should be noted though that if your neighbour wants to give you something in order for you to do something odd "(could you build a temple on that province and not mind it when I capture it? I'll give you X/Y/Z in return)", you should be damn sure to get paid for it appropiately.

Quote:

In the following three turns, I will capture some provinces from your mortal realm, in order to fill the world with my eyes and see which one of you is the greatest. Two land provinces will be taken along with one marine realm. In my infinite wisdom, I will make sure that these provinces are of low value as possible to you mortals, and that no military losses will come to any of you as a result of these actions.

You are not allowed to attack these provinces until the tasks I need them for are complete. You will be specially informed when I'm ready to relinquish them.
->
Pantokrator will conquer one land province on turn 3, one uw province on turn 4, and another land province on turn 5. These provinces will be of low population and will not blocakade any nations important strategic routes. Pantokrator will also make sure that no expansion force could even theoretically bump into my servants who are capturing these provinces. If Pantokrator cannot conquer a province within these criteria, he will not do so.

One of these provinces will be relinquished in year 1, another in year 2 and third in year 3.
Old February 15th, 2010, 11:45 AM

BANNED USER

pyg is on a distinguished road

Barbarians! Wow, what a suprise! They are actually pretty good if you can get all the hair off. For some reason Ed stayed home this month to "say goodbye" to his favorite Qedesim.
Old February 17th, 2010, 10:03 AM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

Arrr, the Dungeon Ma...er Pantokrator has taken the island I had a mind to use as me personal retreat and whisked it off into another dimension. Hmmm, maybe I'll just have to rope off the eastern continent now fer me alone time, we'll have ta see if there are any locals what need to be run off. Meanwhile them lubbers in Jomon done stuck their toes out where the big fish swim. I do so love the jumbo shrimp, but I hear squids got a taste for them as well so the boys dun made a wager with me to see who's gonna get that appetizer first. We'll have ta carve up a mighty large snake first, but Old Pete says he's got a recipe for that to.
Old February 17th, 2010, 10:33 AM

Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baalz View Post
Arrr, the Dungeon Ma...er Pantokrator has taken the island I had a mind to use as me personal retreat and whisked it off into another dimension.
Well, I had mentioned it in the first post, but I really could have been more clear about the island being that two province island in the middle. Sorry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by From OP
PANTOKRATOR:

-> Will start in a island in the middle of the map with no neighbours
(also sorry for not responding in character, but I really can't mention any gameplay terms or refer to the OP as pantokrator)

On other news, I have bumped into some unexpected issues, but luckily nothing too major. Details below:

It seems that my rampant cheati... My more than adequate researchers have made the research graph pretty useless. But we can still use the llamaserver "show score graph" command to get that info (unfortunately you won't be able to see research from previous turns).

Also, my servants that have been conquering these provinces that I need seem to get into HoF. Luckily we have HoF 15 and I have 5 guys in the HoF so that evens out, like we'd be playing with HoF 10. I'm not using those servants anymore and I was planning on drowning them, but that would just make them more famous, so we will just have to wait until they drop out.

Also, major props for everyone for making their turns as soon as possible and making this game move at this pace!

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.

Last edited by Burnsaber; February 17th, 2010 at 10:41 AM..
Old February 17th, 2010, 11:40 AM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

No worries your lordship, truth be told me boys got plans fer every province and there be plenty oh room once I run off some of these squatters and the taste of the lash gets the others to work.
Old February 17th, 2010, 02:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

kianduatha is on a distinguished road

I shouldn't be surprised that you Lovecraftian horrors are allied in spirit; I am rather astounded, though, that R'lyeh is content to let you take half the ocean with nary a fight.

As to who's a squatter...aren't you pirates merely because the aforementioned illithids drove you from your homes? Meanwhile, the peaceful(and civilized) Shogunate is merely expanding the palaces of the Dragon King, under the protection of our ancestral kami(not those dirty goblins, the real ones).
Old February 17th, 2010, 09:42 PM

BANNED USER

pyg is on a distinguished road

Well, Ed wants to thank Ashdod for the snacks, but really those Anakites are so big you don't have to send so many... also the triple bless makes them chewy.

Ed really wanted to say something so:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed, Prophet of Soggoth
RRRRRrrrrrrrrr!!!
Old February 18th, 2010, 04:54 AM

Colonel

Default Ordeal for turns 6-10

Ordeal for turns 6-10

Quote:

I have grown weary of this children's play I seem to see on this divine competition. I want prove that each one of you is here to become the next ME! I DEMAND SACRIFICE!

Before mid winter, I want each of you to send me a sacrifice in the form of either gold, gems or an magical item. Those who give the most, will have more worth in my eyes and those who are greedy will be looked upon with scorn by my divine eyes!
->
Before mid winter (turn 9), each one of you must send me either gold, gems or an magical item. The following rules apply to the sacrifice:

-> You can only send either 1)Gold, 2)Gems or 3)Magical Item. No combinations
-> If you sacrifice gems, they can only be of one type. Blood Slaves "count" as 0,5 gems each.
-> Pantokrator does not accept regifts: you cannot send gems or an magical item that you have received as boon at any point of the game.
-> The three players who have sacrifed most gems/gold and the most valuable item receive one boon to their total. The three players who have sacrificed the least gems/gold and have sent the most worthless item lose one boon from their total.
-> If a player fails to send anything, he will lose two boons from his total. I will post a reminding in-game message for turn 8 to avoid this thought.

-> The value of items is judged upon two criteria;
1) Gem cost
2) How hard the item is for the nation in question to forge (item that had to be forged by your pretender is worth more than one forged by a national mage)
Old February 18th, 2010, 04:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

namad is on a distinguished road

btw the way this sounds really cool... count me in if you wanna do another wacky game in the future