.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 13th, 2011, 09:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

Ossa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: No Diplo EA Game - No Wankers Allowed 10/18 left

Nothing to read here...
Old April 16th, 2011, 04:09 AM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

@ All

I think I've had replies and votes from everyone now, and the game picture and opinions is clear enough for me to be able to declare Abysia the winner.

Just about everyone voted to concede, and nobody voted against conceding to Abysia (an abstain was the closest), nor gave a strong impression of a desire to continue the game. Two players said they were happy to concede, but were also happy to fight on if the game continued (but that's still a concession at the end of the day).

So I hereby declare Abysia the winner, and with it, congratulations to Baalz as the Abysia player.

Here is the full player / nation list.

1. Mictlan - Executor
2. Kailasa - Saros
3. C'tis - Hylobius
4. Fomoria - Originally zultor. (Cthulhudreams took over turn 50, and Amhazair took over from him turn 67.)
5. Helheim - rotarr
6. TNN - Ragnoff
7. Niefelheim - Ghoul
8. Sauro - Grudgebringer (Maerlande played the last turn or two)
9. Arco - Herode
10. Atlantis - Marmaduke
11. TC - Originally Fantomen. (don_pablo took over ~ turn 35)
12. Ulm - Drog the Destroyer
13. Hinnom - Happyfungi
14. Pangaea - Isokron
15. R'yleh - Ossa
16. Ermor - Aethyr
17. Yomi - Originally Zeldor. (Mockingbird took over turn 50)
18. Abysia - Baalz

My thanks goes to the players, and in particular the invaluable subs who helped keep the game running.

Not sure there's much else needed from me here, plus a bit short on time right now to babble. If anyone wants to keep the game alive for any reason then please let me know. I have extended the current turn another 96 hours so that nobody gets any more turns or reminders, and I will take the game down on Monday if nobody wants to keep it going.
The Following User Says Thank You to Calahan For This Useful Post:
Old April 16th, 2011, 10:22 AM

First Lieutenant

ghoul31 is on a distinguished road

Thats the problem with anonymous games. You can't coordinate attacks on the person in the lead.
Old April 16th, 2011, 07:47 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoul31 View Post
Thats the problem with anonymous games. You can't coordinate attacks on the person in the lead.
That's the whole point silly. Dogpiles ruin the game IMO.

Anyway, thanks for the great gae everybody. Every war was well fought and everybody pretty much stuck stuff out. What more could you ask?
Old April 17th, 2011, 04:42 AM

Corporal

rotarr is on a distinguished road

Congrats Baalz

So are you going to write that guide on EA Abysia now?
Old April 17th, 2011, 10:51 PM

Major General

Default Re: No Diplo EA Game - No Wankers Allowed - Game Over, Baalz/Abysia Wins

Yeah, as Rotarr mentions I'm working on an AAR/Strat guide based on this game if anybody is interested. A hard drive crash this week cost me a good bit of work that'd I'd done, but I'm gonna try to redo it and publish this game from my perspective later this week.
Old April 19th, 2011, 01:35 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road
Default Re: No Diplo EA Game - No Wankers Allowed - Game Over, Baalz/Abysia Wins

Not too much post-game chatter for this one it seems. I don't really have very much too add since I joined about a dozen turns ago into a really poor Fomoria position. I found the grand total of 1! hammer, barely any boosters or thug/SC gear for my kings and a horribly incompletely site-searched territory, even in national paths. (income in earth and nature was a grand total of 2 each. )

After building up the best I could and establishing that Abysia looked like running away with the game with on opposition (for which I had to buy scouts first, since that's apparently an optional luxury too...) I decided to try and go all out to attack Abysia, hoping to take enough provinces to tempt the other nations into joining my attack. After which I somehow managed to send in an incomplete turn and only some conventional forces on the borders went through with their attack while the Kings remained ensconced in their cozy castles. The next - and last - turn showed that those incompletely geared Kings I had assembled only had a roughly even chance to actually defeat the massive PD Abysia had built, so probably wouldn't have mattered much anyway though.

I'd say: Good Game, Baalz, although I can only assume that to be true since I really only witnessed the result and not the journey itself.
Old April 19th, 2011, 07:26 PM

Major General

Yeah, I had Strand of Arcane Power up for 20-ish turns which found (guess) 30-ish sites. Without score graphs being on it was not obvious at all what a massive gem income I had - at the point Fomoria attacked I had pretty much 40+ gems of each type coming in and over 100 blood slaves each turn. I had empowered a couple wraith lords and a vamp count to be extremely nasty in my really strong dominion, but didn't get to put them to too much use before the game ended. The first one I got though (and only one at the time) did drop the hammer on Kailasa though. As I mentioned I'm putting together a very detailed AAR/guide with all the specifics of this one from my perspective.
Old June 30th, 2011, 07:35 AM

Private

Mojo the Avenger is on a distinguished road

Sorry to necro an old post, but I'm extremely interested in this. It appears Baalz hasn't posted since late April though. Does anyone know if he's coming back, or was his hometown attacked by barbarians?
Old June 30th, 2011, 12:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

Ossa is on a distinguished road

Devored by winemen probably. Or a blight happened... or Bogus attacked him in his home.