.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > ProSimCo > BCT, ATF, AATF and Battle Group Commander Series
Notices

Old December 19th, 2006, 01:16 AM

Private

meade95 is on a distinguished road
Default AATF: Questions, Observations, suggestions....

I've mainly been play testing the Anaconda Ops -

1. Excellent game (first and foremost).

2. Phase 1 of OP Anaconda? How does one achieve victory?

Meaning after inserting 3 SOF teams...and waiting for the follow-up Assault (including TF Hammer), along with the CH-47's, Apaches and F-16's that come in - What exactly are they suppose to do?

Do you get credit for each CH-47 that reaches its LZ??

I've played through several times and have yet to meet victory conditions. Typcially because I do not get credit for enough friendlies in the needed AO. Yet all my RT survive (Maco, India, Juliet) - Do I need to keep my MH-47's in the AO?? (I assumed they should be back at the safe zone).

It seems that TF Hammer comes in (advance to a certain point then waits....Afghan trucks).... Then my AH-64's, CH-47's come in.....CH-47s land (but no troops appear to come out)....they hold there for some time....then they all leave?? - Is more suppose to happen?? Are the CH-47s suppose to drop troops??

3. Is indirect fire on the AC-130's dedicated to only a certain type of internal weapon system?? - Meaning AC-130's will only give direct fire for a certain amount of time (HE)...then show being out of AMMO - Yet the AC-130 will still have plenty of 40mm rounds and/or 25mm rounds (in their respective guns) which the AC-130 will continue to use...but only under the orders of "engage and surpress"....not indirect fire mode. Can these guns not be used with indirect support fire?

4. How are we suppose to destory caves?? F-16 will not strike them (or will not strike an object unless being fired upon or moving.....caves do neither of these)....(it seems many enemy are hiding in these caves...Go figure!....and only come out once the larger assault (AI assault) is on...

5. Recon (SOF) teams that are inserted to specific good Ob posts and with their LOS showing a good visual to the LZs.......Yet they don't seem to see many of the enemy within the LZs (or at least don't seem to see many of the enemy which seem to appear within their shown LOS). -

Meaning, say I have Maco RT inserted at a high peak (in which their LOS appears to show a good line of sight to say LZ 5 and 6??.....Yet they seem to rarely pick-up units who are near these LZs. (I only seem the once I have a UAV overhead).

Is the LOS......does this give a unit a visual ONLY along the exact yellow line iteself?

6. Having an option to allow SOF RT to give laze orders to fast movers (F-16, 15s) seems like it would be a great addition. This would work incredibly well at taking out caves (just as an example).

7. Did I mention I think this is an excellent game?

8. Will Predator UAVs fire hellfire missiles if we outfit them?? - I play tested this in a quick type mission. I could not seem to get the UAV to fire. By either using "Surpress" or "engage" target options.

9. In Anaconda if I am using Helo insertion do I need to take along the Quad bike team?? (would this help with putting more friendly #s into the AO?).

10. When we assign a # to our differing units (Shift + #). It would be nice when we click their respective # that the screen would hover (move) above where they are on the map. Currently it only clicks over to them....but then you need to move your map to find them manually.

11. Any comments / suggestions that would help with what the game is looking for out of our inserted SOF Recon Teams/Units - I have them on "hide, weapons hold, avoid obstacles"....I have them inserted to good Ob posts along high peaks. Is it best to simply leave these units alone and there throughout? (which I assume is correct?).

12. Is there any links or a ref guide to walking through newbies on exactly how ATF maps are layed out / work. I know they are Topo maps but are there any guides on learning to read them and/or understand them more throughly.

13. While I haven't played any of the BHD missions yet - I've noticed in the DB (aatf.db). that the Shughart/ Gordon vehilce/unit has "0" kill odds Vs all weapons? - Is this an error? or are these values correct (for other reasons?).