World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old April 22nd, 2010, 05:41 AM

Sergeant

hoplitis is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 5.0 patch for winSPMBT

The addiction
I told you about it when you released ver.4.5. Issuing new versions is bad for my SP addiction, or so says the therapist! As the therapist didn't work, I'll change tactics! Lawyers!!!
If you continue with new versions I'll sue you!

Seriously, now...
Many thanks to you guys, and all people envolved and contributing
to the game ... and my addiction!

Old April 22nd, 2010, 04:34 PM

Corporal

Wolf_Warrior is on a distinguished road

I have a question concerning the patch, is there a list of full changes done to OOB's anywhere, i need to now what was changed in Croatian OOB so that i can easily modify the things that are not correct?
Old April 23rd, 2010, 08:38 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

I do not keep a detailed list of unit/formation/weapon OOB changes. If I did patches would take twice as long to complete and I would rapidly loose interest in producing them. I do however recall changing the Degman intro dates to something realistic. We don't cae when prototypes are first developed

Don

Last edited by DRG; April 23rd, 2010 at 08:46 AM..
Old April 26th, 2010, 01:36 AM

Private

shilka77 is on a distinguished road

Great work on 5.0! the only thing I miss right now in the North Korean Ob is a SP-SAM unit and that Cuban forces lacks their T55 fleet that has gotten new paint and everything maybe a later project? Regardless of this

A link from 2009 exercise sorry for no english
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efsdR...eature=related

Another one about their arms in 2008 notice the BMP-1 ATGM launcher
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9OQ1...eature=related

Love you guys work!
Old April 30th, 2010, 04:17 PM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka77 View Post
Great work on 5.0! the only thing I miss right now in the North Korean Ob is a SP-SAM unit [/url]
Well, the north korean OOB lacks a SP-SAM because they in real life they don't have one either; their best high altitude SAM is the SA-3 and it is probably only available in fixed sites.
You have to make do with SPAAGs and MANPADS, just like they would do in real life.
It is a huge weakness of course,more so in real life than in the game; while the sheer number of guns and Strela/Igla gives them a limited protection against attack helicopters, low flying CAS planes and cruise missiles they are essentially defenceless against PGMs dropped from high altitude. This makes a mechanized offensive a suicidal proposition as of 2010 and the effectiviness of the counters they have developed to compensate for that is questionable at best.
Old May 1st, 2010, 10:23 AM

Private

shilka77 is on a distinguished road

Marcello understood yes I can only Imagine that wikipedia is not the source to be looking into when it comes to this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_...%27s_Air_Force

I checked other places that before showed their SAM inventory these places has been updated and I can't find any SP-SAM there either this only reinforce the skill and knowledge you lads shows when working with this game.

The game is great and the updates are awesome. Thank you again for all your time put into this project.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...prk/index.html

Old May 1st, 2010, 11:28 AM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Marcello understood yes I can only Imagine that wikipedia is not the source to be looking into when it comes to this.

I checked other places that before showed their SAM inventory these places has been updated and I can't find any SP-SAM there either this only reinforce the skill and knowledge you lads shows when working with this game.
Wikipedia lists both SA-6 and SA-17, both SP-SAM but there is not much in the way of confirmation of that elsewhere.
Sources generally list SA-2/3/5 as far as heavy SAMs go and only few mentions SA-6, with no further details such as number or units.
I suppose that a small number of SA-6 might be there but it is not clear; in any case the SA-6 is not very mobile, not particularly good by today standards, I have heard it being compared unfavorably to the SA-3 in some ways. Some of their fixed SA-2/3/5 sites may give some coverage even in South Korea territory but such weapons, SA-6 included, are simply too old to withstand modern jamming and SEAD techniques.

Last edited by Marcello; May 1st, 2010 at 11:57 AM..
Old May 1st, 2010, 03:57 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcello View Post
Quote:

Wikipedia lists both SA-6 and SA-17, both SP-SAM but there is not much in the way of confirmation of that elsewhere.
Sources generally list SA-2/3/5 as far as heavy SAMs go and only few mentions SA-6, with no further details such as number or units.
I suppose that a small number of SA-6 might be there but it is not clear; in any case the SA-6 is not very mobile, not particularly good by today standards, I have heard it being compared unfavorably to the SA-3 in some ways. Some of their fixed SA-2/3/5 sites may give some coverage even in South Korea territory but such weapons, SA-6 included, are simply too old to withstand modern jamming and SEAD techniques.
This thread is about the 5.0 patch, not micro-details of a particular OOB.

If you want to have a detailed discussion about some OOB, then please open up a new thread for that discussion in the TO&E forum.

Andy
Old May 13th, 2010, 04:06 AM

Corporal

EpoletovSPR is on a distinguished road

At me in winSPMBT 5.0 in battle - assault is not present "explosives" class weapon (Demolition in MISC) (purchase phase).
Old May 13th, 2010, 07:00 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpoletovSPR View Post
At me in winSPMBT 5.0 in battle - assault is not present "explosives" class weapon (Demolition in MISC) (purchase phase).
Have you checked that the army in question (it is useful to know these things!) - actually has demolitions. Not all MBT armies do.

If not, then try buying as 'captured' allies from an insurgent army that does have them and is available at the battle date (PLO, Mujadeen, VC, Chechen, etc).

Andy