This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old September 26th, 2012, 09:36 AM

Corporal

zastava128 is on a distinguished road

WARNING: This mod contains highly altered or additional files that may or will cause interference with the master game files and it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that this mod be installed and played ONLY in a separate copy of the game and NOT run from the master game.

Please see two posts below for information about the mod.

Last edited by zastava128; November 18th, 2012 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: see below
Old September 27th, 2012, 06:29 AM

Corporal

Default Re: Yugoslav OOB Partisans, Royal Army, Chetniks

On second thought, forget this, it's too confusing for someone who's not "in the know". I'll fix the OOB myself and post the modified file here.
Old November 17th, 2012, 12:25 PM

Corporal

Default Re: Yugoslav OOB Partisans, Royal Army, Chetniks

Ok, I'm finally done updating the OOB - all in all I've added around 70 units and some 40 new formations and over 30 new weapons. Since I live in, and have a great interest in the former Yugoslavia and its successor states, I made this OOB for my own enjoyment, but also decided to post it here in case anyone else is interested in this rather obscure theater of WW2.

I've played several battles to test the new units, and all seems ok, though it's still possible an error or two crept in.

My aim was to update the Yugoslav OOB to make it as historically accurate as possible. Broadly speaking, this means:

1. Some units had their date of availability tweaked for historical accuracy. In particular, the Ustaše remain available until May 1945 - historically they continued fighting for a week or so even after the Germans surrendered!

2. A few units had their unit type changed, so as to help assure that each faction gets weapons that were historically available to it.

3. New Partisan and Četnik units have been added to represent weaponry captured from Axis forces, or received as British, American or Soviet aid. In addition, elite infantry units were added.

4. Before now only the Ustaše represented the forces of the Independent State of Croatia (NDH). Actually these were a minority. Most of the Croatian puppet government troops were called the Home Guard (domobrani) and were equivalent to the Wehrmacht. They were better equipped than any other force in the region but suffered from poor leadership and a lack of enthusiasm for the fascist cause. Many deserted to the partisans, especially after Italy surrendered. In late November 1944 the Ustaše militia and Home Guard were combined into the "Armed forces of Croatia". This was a political move to try and get the entire armed forces under Ustaše control.
Thus I have added many new units to represent the Home Guard and Armed forces of Croatia. They also have an airforce.

5. A few units to represent the VNS (Serb puppet government of general Nedić) were also added.

I have also included the changes I requested in this thread: http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=49110. I ignored the "one-off" vehicles such as the customized Bren Carrier mentioned in that thread.

Unfortunately I don't own PSP, so I haven't added any new photos. I did, however, add descriptions to many of the units, to make it clear which faction used them and how they obtained them.

Last edited by zastava128; December 6th, 2015 at 01:04 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to zastava128 For This Useful Post: