BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old January 7th, 2015, 09:27 PM

Corporal

Miketee10022 is on a distinguished road
Potion Re: Turning Saved Turns Into Scenarios

Hi Shahadi - I am attaching the scenario I derived from the saved turn. It is listed as 001 so you may want to rename it before putting it into your Scenario Directory. Hope you enjoy it. The Cubans don't have much of a chance, but it still keeps the US player very busy!

Let me know what you think.

Best - Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahadi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miketee10022 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
This is just a wild stab in the dark, I don't build scenarios and wouldn't have time even if I wanted to but try opening it with ScenHack and saving it with that...... I really don't know but this *may* ( maybe ) help. Remember renaming saved games to scenarios is a kludge that just happens to sort of work ( generally )
Thanks so much. I will give this a try. One thought I had was that Campaign Games (from which this saved turn scenario was derived) sometimes base victory conditions on specific games within the Campaign. Here's where the glitch could lie. But I will test this out and let you know how this works.

Shadadi - I am going to try the above solution first. And if this does not work, I'll upload the scenario to the appropriate forum. If you want to just try it - regardless of this issue - I am happy to upload it for you. Just let me know.
Yes, you should investigate this issue as much as you can and follow these leads. While it is true you can rename in ScenHack, the files are by default renamed from a saved game to a scenario format as described earlier.

I would like to see the files and replicate the condition you encountered, that being said, upload the saved game files in this thread please.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Scenario Test Cuba.zip (124.1 KB, 172 views)
Old January 10th, 2015, 01:13 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Turning Saved Turns Into Scenarios

Please upload the save campaign files that you used to make this scenario, unless you have solved the issue: "...The only glitch I noticed is that when the scenario ends, it does not go to the score-screen. It simply ends on the appropriate turn, and then goes into the saved-turns screen." The scenario ended normally.
Old April 21st, 2022, 11:56 AM

Corporal

carp is on a distinguished road

I'm trying to edit Saved Games so I can tweak the errors I make in OOBs as I go instead of having to replay them to change unit-types or fix terrain. I get the Saved Game file. Change the name to SPMBTscn.XXX and move the files to the Scenario folder. Nothing appears in the slot I designate with the new number, and if I click on the vacant line I always get a window pop open that says "Saved Game Failed To Load" This happens both in SPMBT and WinSPWW2. Is there a tweak for the near computer illiterate I'm missing?

danke
Old April 21st, 2022, 01:57 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I'm trying to edit Saved Games so I can tweak the errors I make in OOBs as I go instead of having to replay them to change unit-types or fix terrain. I get the Saved Game file. Change the name to SPMBTscn.XXX and move the files to the Scenario folder. Nothing appears in the slot I designate with the new number, and if I click on the vacant line I always get a window pop open that says "Saved Game Failed To Load" This happens both in SPMBT and WinSPWW2. Is there a tweak for the near computer illiterate I'm missing?

danke
Well, the first question is what version of the game are you running ?

Both games now use a four-digit number for scenarios.....spmbtscn0999.dat for example
AND it would never have been SPMBTscn.XXX

...but if you were saving as spmbtscn999 instead of spmbtscn0999 that's why it won't load.

and saving games as scenarios has been in both games for awhile now which eliminates the need to do it manually like that

so you can start a turn, and save it as a scenario and then you can use Scenhack to edit details
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.png
Views:	139
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	16704  

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; April 21st, 2022 at 02:17 PM..