.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old June 4th, 2006, 10:40 PM

Corporal

Nightblade is on a distinguished road
Default Long AAR : Operation Flashpoint, the WW2 revenge

This AAR is about a PBEM that is a revenge set in the WW2 era of the first PBEM set in 85 found there
(so you can understand some references in the AARs, my nickname in this battle is Sanctuary, the nickname of my opponent is Sputnik Monroe)

Here is the report from my friend view, i post for him as he is not registered here, in the second post of this thread, there is the detailled AAR from my point of view of the same PBEM.

The USA and the USSR are fighting over a country in 1945
Random Generated battle, 1000 Battle Points on a 100x100 map for 19 turns.

Battle map
Screenshot there

Pre-battle phase.
For the purchase of equipment I picked,

1. A platoon of four M36 Jackson tank destroyers. For about the same price I could have had a section of two T26 Pershing’s. However in the end I decided it would be better to have four 90mm cannons on four lightly armored vehicles than two 90mm’s on two heavily armored tanks.

2. A company of mountain troops. I decided to spend extra on them for their morale and experience bonus compared to normal troops. I also think they get a lower penalty on movement on rough terrain. The disposition of the company is 3xInfantry platoons and a support platoon with machine guns and a 60MM mortar section.

3. A platoon of five Jeeps towing quad .50s for antiaircraft defense.

4. Two Spotter planes

5. A bazooka platoon. This includes five bazooka sections, (Two men with one bazooka per section)

Turn One:

My Jackson Platoon is advancing towards the northern victory cluster. Riding on top of the four Jacksons is a platoon of Mountain troops and the Bazooka platoon. Meanwhile the mountain troop’s support platoon is advancing down the road on foot. After the Jackson tank destroyers drop off the first platoon I’ll send two of them back to pick up the support platoon and bring them up to support the first platoon. I have also sent along one of the quad .50 towing jeeps along with the Jacksons.

To the south I have my other two mountain troop platoons advancing towards the southern victory cluster along the road. My HQ is advancing with them.

The other four Quad .50 towing jeeps are positioned atop a few hills in the rear.

I have ordered my two observation planes to do some recon. They should arrive in three turns.

Turn Two:

My teams have all continued along their routes. I do see some smoke or dust in a single hex near the north of the map. Could be vehicle driving very fast or likely the Soviet mortar that fired a smoke screen in the opening of the battle.

Turn Three:

Contact has been made with the enemy. Three Josef Stalin II tanks and Soviet Guards. The tanks and a platoon of Guards are locked in battle with my tank destroyers, Bazooka platoon and infantry platoon at the northern victory cluster. Meanwhile another platoon of guards is further south about to take the center victory cluster.

The ISII is a powerful tank though I have destroyed one of them so far, I attribute this to the short range at which my Jackson fired from (300 yards). I’m thankful I chose 90MM equipped Jackson TDs instead of 75 or 76MM equipped Sherman tanks or Hellcats.

My two spotter planes are already proving valuable. All the units that are spotted have been spotted by them. If it were not for my spotter planes I’d only know the location of one tank and maybe one squad of infantry.

I’m a little worried about these Soviet Guards as they have captured German Panzerfaust.

My plan for the ISII tanks is to pull off the road and let all my bazookas position along the side. Hopefully the ISIIs will advance and get shot in the side from 50 yards by my bazookas.

Turn Four:

An uneventful turn. I moved my troops and TDs into position or continued them towards their objectives.

My tank destroyers have moved into positions which I am feeling kind of secure with. Two of them are on top of a hill with a good view of the area directly north of the northern victory cluster. Hopefully some more JSIIs will show up in that area to be quickly destroyed.

My bazooka platoon has fanned out into the village that contains the north victory cluster. Two mistakes were made unfortunately. Mistake one was that a bazooka section ran across three victory flags, Sanctuary will surely notice that they have turned and likely fire a artillery barrage there. Mistake two was that I accidentally moved another bazooka section out into the middle of the street. I thought they had enough movement to get across but they didn’t. I don’t hold much hope for them I’m sure they will be mowed down in the middle of the street this turn.

Turn Five through seven:

Combat has broken out in the northern village victory flag zone. I’ve lost a Bazooka section so far and several soviets lie dead in a building that has been consumed by flames. I expect it was a nasty surprise for the soviet squad that occupied the building, they opened fire and then were fired upon by no less that five bazookas.

One of my tank destroyers has also destroyed some 160MM mortars that were on a near by hill.

I haven’t been able to get my 60MM mortar section to fire. Their fire mission seems to keep canceling it’s self. I believe this is do to them dropping in and out of contact with the chain of command. Do to this I’m moving them up closer to the line where they can fire directly upon any soviets who try to rush the large hill my tank destroyers control.

Turn Eight:

The contest in the north has turned into an out and out street fight. I’m a little worried about my southern flank in the village. I have no idea where the second of the remaining two ISIIs has disappeared to. I have this nagging fear that it is likely circling around through the south where it will come up from behind and cause some trouble. I should probably have my spotter planes fly some missions to keep an eye on that area.

Meanwhile the cloud of smoke obscuring the main street in the village is fading. I have a Jackson waiting for it to clear so he can fire at the ISII positioned at the opposite end of the street. The range is about 200 yards, when the smoke clears the tank that fires first will be the victor as there is no surviving a 90MM US or 122MM Soviet tank shell at that close of distance.

My other two teams have now reached the middle and southern victory clusters.

Turn Nine:

The smoke cleared and the ISII fired first. I have three tank destroyers left.
The infantry have been in a pitched battle that is hard to really describe in this after action report. There is a lot going on at the moment.

Meanwhile my mid map force is almost to the middle victory cluster.

The southern most force has nearly finished deploying around the southern victory cluster.

Turn Ten:

The village is still being fought over, the ebb and flow is pretty even. I do worry that he has more troops than I do.

Turn Eleven:

The village is still being fought over as the death toll rises each round for both sides. The village is the conflict, who ever wins in the village will win the scenario.

My spotter planes have located the other ISII driving down a dirt road. Unfortunately the spotter plane was hit by small arms fire and is now out for the rest of the battle.

My troops in the center are nearing the central victory cluster still. Two items of note have occurred there this turn. First thing worth mentioning is that two of the flags have turned over to soviet control. What he has there I do not know. Hopefully it’s nothing my platoon of infantry can’t handle. Secondly the quad .50 towing jeep that was moving up with them has broke down on some rough terrain. Next time I’ll think twice about driving a jeep up a forested hill full of rough terrain.

Turn Twelve:

This isn’t going so well. My troops are not killing nearly enough Russians. The commander of Charlie squad has been running away and refuses to rally. My machine gun section didn’t manage to kill a single man before they lost five of their own and routed. Some squads are fighting well in the village, but the rest I am very disappointed in.

At the end of the turn a rocket barrage wiped out two of my AA jeeps that just moved into the area. It also appears one of my Jackson tank destroyers has been immobilized. I wont be able to tell for certain until next turn.

The one ISII has driven up and is killing my one truly effective squad. There is a bazooka section with them but the ISII shrugs off bazookas from the front at 50 yards. I have two other bazooka sections that hopefully can get behind it at get some rear hits. This is an unlikely case though as the town is now inundated with Soviet troops.

The soviet troops are legion in number and thus far seem to be superior to my mountain troops.

Turn Thirteen:

The northern village is going to fall to the Soviets. All I can do is kill as many as I can and hope for a marginal victory. Likely a draw is the best I can hope for.

The mid map cluster is completely under soviet control. My infantry platoon is only 200 yards away. Hopefully I can take the hill with them.

Turn fourteen and Turn Fifteen:

Things haven’t gotten much better for what is left of my troops in the village. The soviets will have those victory flags within 2 turns.

As for the middle force I spotted a rifle squad and routed them. My spotter plane flew over and spotted nothing else so I believed that the soviet rifle squad I just routed was the only enemy presence. I was wrong. I sent one of my squads in pursuit of the routed soviet squad, which was a terrible move as they were jumped by a second soviet squad.

I have been very careless this battle it seems.

Turn Sixteen:

My middle force is not doing well at all. Half of them including the command squad have been routed already.

Turn Seventeen:

My middle force has lost an entire squad and the platoon leaders squad is at half strength. They are not fighting well at all. I can't believe these are mountain troops. Rumour has it they are all drunk on moonshine distilled from tank fuel.

Turn Eighteen:
The village has been taken. I have lost his battle I am sure.

My only hope is a draw, and that’s only possible if I can some how manage to snag one or two of the middle flags on the last turn. I don’t think my middle force can achieve that.

Turn Nineteen:

This is it the final turn. My troops simply opened fire and hoped to score some more kills. I could not take a flag this turn.

Conclusion:
The battle is over and it scores the battle as a draw. I find this unbelievable as Sanctuary has around 1,600 points to my pathetic few hundred points.

I lost one more Jackson on the final round and some more troops were mowed down. While it says it was a draw I see it as a resounding defeat for the Americans.

I'll recomend to high command that the surviving Mountain troops from center group and northern group be reasigned to menial non important post in Alaska or Utah. Their performance this battle was legendary. They exhibited the marksmenship of cross eyed old ladies while showing the courage of an eight year school girl at an insect zoo.

The southern force will be given the benifit of the doubt and will be allowed to stay within the Mountain troops. They never saw combat but at least hey achieved their objectives.
Old June 4th, 2006, 10:43 PM

Corporal

Nightblade is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Long AAR : Operation Flashpoint, the WW2 reven

And now, the AAR of the same PBEM, but from my point of view :

Battle situation
Mother Russia is deploying :
Several artillery :
- 2 160mm mortars
- 4 rocket launcher BM-31 Rama

Tanks :
an experienced platoon of 3 Guards Heavy tank IS-II

Ground troops :
An experienced Guards company
2 rifle platoons
2 mech. infantry company

Army deploy phase
So far , i have choosen some Guard company , they are very expensive (and so each death will cost me a lot of point for the final score) but they are experienced and should get the upper hand in an open firefight, being elite troops.

Bad side effect : that is limiting the amount of troop i can deploy, but in the good side it means less troop -> less easy for the usa to spot them.
The infantry have some AT weapons that could be good in case the usa got too many armor.

I decided to get ground artillery and no AA, as i bet on the fact the usa is expecting some air bombers and would have deployed some AA defense, that would then be useless and waste of his Battle Points.

I have not got any AA defense despite i strongly expect the usa to use some aircraft, but as i plan to play very aggressive(assaulting and moving forward all the time), i should be quickly in the usa territory, making air bombing dangerous for their own troops.
All i hope is that they will not spot my artillery, that would be a disaster.

The artillery i got should deal some hard blow in the case the enemy waits for me instead of attacking, if he stays in defense.

I will deal with possible enemy artillery in the fact i will play aggressively, always forward, like the crazy "wave" tactic used by the soviet during WW2, it should make artillery strike less easy on moving troops.

But as i think i will have fewer troops than the usa, my strategy remains a big risk, i hope he will think i have more than that and then will decide to stay in defense (being then better target for my artillery)

Objective
Immediate goal : rush to the Northern objective pool with all the forces, while a single Guard rifle platoon will head for the center objectives

-Leave the south objective alone-
High priority on capturing North objective quickly, then move all to the Central objective.
The South objective will be for the very end, if i have time (and troops alive), i am prepared to leave the south to the usa.

I pre-plan a smoke artillery fire directly somewhere in the south, the usa will think i prepare the terrain there to hide his view, so he will think i am going for the south objective.

If he has important amount of troops, he will head there (making things easier for me in the north).
If he doesn't , he will attack the north or the central objective, clashing with my whole forces.

If the big battle occurs in the north objective (very possible after he notice the south smoke, as he may want to avoid early firefights and then so go north, let's say 50% of chance), i am prepared for this, having all my troops there.

If he goes for the centre (i think there is 30% of chance he does that), the Guard platoon i am trying to hide there will spot them anyways (i don't plan on getting the central Guard platoon in a combat yet, they hill hide and serve as scouts, so i will be able to unleash my artillery there with some precision.

If the usa attacks to south, wanting to confront my troops - that will not be there - , nothing will happen in a while (20% of chances in my opinon) and i will not be able to use the artillery before several turns (as i don't want to spend too much ammo in "blind shots" that could be unsuccessfull.

That's a lot of If , so chances are that none of those conditions will be met really.

Turn 1
The whole army is moving to the west, the major companies are going to the north objective, while the guard platoon in the centre is moving to the central objective , trying to hide.

I have not noticed any smoke, so i wonder if the pre-planned smoke artillery fire really occured and the game did not showed it to me, or if for unknown reason the mortar decided not to fire :/

Nothing more to report for now, everyone is walking or rolling.

Turn 2
I always see no smoke in the south, and have no report of my pre-planned artillery, so i don't know if it worked at all, i just hope i don't see any smoke because it is out of my view. Well, for now i will consider that it has not worked and will have to be more cautious than i planned to.

North army is moving according to the plan
In the central part, my 'scouts' are going to the centre objective, but it may take several turns, as he forest is slowing this Guard infantry platoon a bit.

I just spotted 2 M36 GMC Jackson going to the north objective by the same road i am currently walking with the troops.
One of my Guards IS-II just engaged the 1st one and fired 2 times without retaliation, maybe the enemy tank is not able to fire back at that range, i hope it has been suppressed a bit, it may block the enemy advance a turn or two.

Now the enemy is aware of my presence in the north, i wonder what he will do next.
I will setup a barrage artillery fire next turn, so it will splash with more efficency after that when more of the enemy troops will be in the area.

But i think if the usa has an artillery, they will fire there, as he might guess (it is the case) that my tank is not really alone.

Turn 3
Very very bad new, my first IS-II has been destroyed by the opposite tanks, and that was supposed to be the best armor i had, wow that means that i can't count on the other Guard IS-II to help the progression, i will have to retreat them a bit, as losing more of those "elite" tanks is actually hurting a lot the final score my force will be assignated with.

We will let the infantry doing the job to destroy incoming armor, the usa just gave a major strike on my plan in this turn, so early in the battle and what is more humiliating is that they don't even know it as they may think i have more tanks while i have only 2 remaining now.

One of the suppressed squad threw a smoke grenade to block the enemy view, and i will then move the whole army through the forest this time.
I don't call artillery now, as because of this enemy success, i am not sure the usa will send infantry in the north objective now, maybe they will think the tanks are enough, and i may in fact just waste previous ammo that i could need later.

The centre guard platoon is always moving hidden in the forest to the central objective.

I just noticed my artillery firing, that was the pre-planned fire, so i guess they decided to wait 3 turns just to fire ? what an incompetent bunch of vodka users, i wonder how much delay there will be when i will really have a need of them.

Turn 4
The tanks have disappeared hidden by the smoke.
Good thing as if i don't see them, they don't see us as there is no thermal imaging in 1945.
The usa has captured some locations in the north objective, so i will continue to move my army toward this position, we may meet those tanks again.
Let's hope the AT weapons will be enough to assault those tank if needed.

While moving we have noticed the enemy tanks taking position in the hills, he may be able to control the open zones without too much problem.
For now i can count 4 enemy tanks, but hopefully, by moving through the forest i may be able to reach the objective.

After taking fire from one of the tanks, i threw a bit of smoke, that should help my troops to advance, as it blocks the view from the tank.

I have requested a direct artillery fire from one of my heavy mortars to the north objective, just in case some of his infantry will be there (i guess he captured the zone with the tanks, as i doubt any infantry would have been able to arrive there so soon).
The splash from the artillery will certainly occur in two or three turns, so i will gather my army and then will assault the town once it will strike the place (as in that time, there is a good chance the enemy infantry will arrive)

Turn 5
I am a bit surprised, i have been attacked by enemy infantry in the village of the north objective, i really thought the enemy infantry would not be there so soon.
Well, i fired back and succeeded to destroy an enemy bazooka team before retreating a bit one of my squad, as the house they were in was burning and there might be soon some artillery in the zone.

Fortunately, few losses, we may be able to continue the fight.
So far the whole army is moving throught the forest so we should not be seen too quickly
The IS-2 are now moving again, they are on the main road leading to the village, one going a bit back, i hope they will get better shots this time.

No reports from the central platoon that is closing in

Turn 6
An enemy infantry squad crossed in the middle of the road and went under fire from one of my IS-2 before lauching a smoke grenade. I don't think the IS-2 killed anybody there, that's enough no more vodka for tank crew !
During that time one of my squad was under heavy fire from a distant us tank and moved to a nearby forest to avoid more losses.

After getting fired at, near the village, it seems there are more infantry troops here than i thought.
So i called an artillery fire from everything i have to hit the village zone, the BM-31 rama will unleash their rockets on the enemy tanks position, with some luck they will get some success or hide their view.

I don't know what kind of delay there will be though, maybe at worse 3 turns, like for the pre-planned fire. That's a problem as before the splash the north army will keep its positions to not be under our own rain, i hope to not meet enemy artillery during those 3 next turns.
But once done, the north army will attack the village to take the position , or my squads will all die trying, the political kommissars are there to be sure of that.

No report from the central guard platoon again, they are always moving to the central objective.

Turn 7
2 usa recon planes just moved over the area and revealed the position of our artillery, even if i knew this would happen anyways, the disaster is that the enemy tanks in the hills seems to have a clear view of the zone of the crop field :
An enemy tank fired at one of our mortar position , made some kills and forced both mortar crew to retreat.

The suppress area is really a lot bigger than in SP:MBT to affect nearby troop that much, i hoped the crop field would be enough to cover the mortar, but it seems the recon planes were more competent.

No choice , we must attack the north objective position now, as now the artillery fire from the mortar will not happen in the village.
At least the BM-31 will be able to fire maybe next turn.
One of my IS-2 stay back, just in case one of the tank try to flank us and approach our BM-31 Rama positions.
Always no report from the central objective we may be able to capture it without any resistance.

Turn 8
There are some firefights in the village between my troops and the entranched us infantry.
My mortar crews went again under fire while retreating, not really important for me as they are lost anyways (as i doubt they will be able to fire their mortar again before the end of the battle, they are not really usefull anymore, i just hope they will not cost me too much point in the final score).

My IS-2 that stayed in the village entrance and destroyed an american tank that just came there, it certainly came to help the infantry defending, but the 122mm huge main gun of the IS-2 was too much for its armor.

In the town the firefights are getting heavier, we forced some enemy infantry to retreat and destroyed an AT squad.
The north army is now entering the village, the combat may be raging, but the troops will not stop moving forward, the political kommissars are working for this and are currently shooting cowards.

Always no fire from the BM-31, they sure take their time, the enemy tanks may not even be at their position anymore, i don't see them anymore, if the BM-31 have not fired in the turn 9 , i will relocate their target to the village opposite entry, to destroy or hit hard possible incoming US infantry/support.

Turn 9
Big firefights in the village, we are getting several casualties, that is due to the lack of mortar fire that should have already hit the location and suppress the enemy, the usa achieved to deal an important strike at my whole plan when engaging my 2 mortars, as they were supposed to be a decisive part of my plan.

As i have not noticed a single fire from the BM-31 Rama (4 turns of waiting to follow my orders, they must be asleep) , i have relocated their target , they will have to fire over the village, that should help the north army to approach and conquer the position.
Bad thing is that i must hold my position more than i am willing to hold, and delay my advance (i sure hope they will not sleep again during the 4 next turns), as if those drunken BM-31 are as inaccurate as they are slow to fire, they may do a carnage on my own troops if i advance.

I sure hope there is no enemy artillery, as they will have an easy time if they fire now or in the 3 following turns.

Central platoon report nobody in the central objective area, they might begin to capture it next turn or the turn following.

Once captured, i will setup a defense to see them coming, and send the most useless guys to capture the south, that's a long walk and they may be there in the very end of the battle.

Turn 10
The central objective has been mostly captured by the guard platoon, next turn it will be entirely captured.
One of the squad of this platoon will sprint to the south, with the hope they will be able to arrive there before the end of the battle and capture more objectives.
It will be difficult to be there before the end, as there is a long way between central and south, near to 2km .

Hopefully, the usa may now think i have a possible big army in the central objective and that i will try to flank his north army with it now the central objectives are red army property.
That may force him to deploy a second defensive front, removing squads from the north objective front, making things easier for my whole army.

The 3 other squads of the platoon will stay there in defense in the forest above, in the case an enemy decide to come.

In the village some more firefights, some more losses , but at least all the army are always in their position there, just waiting for the BM-31 help to move and attack the known usa positions.
I strongly hope those slow crew will decide to shot next turn or in turn 12 , enough of those delay that cost me too much time and casualties.

Turn 11
Another recon plane moved over my BM-31 Rama positions, not surprising as the usa already sent in a previous turn , it certainly revealed all my north army that was already revealed by the 1st recon plane, so no real advantage for the usa this time.

With some luck, it should have not noticed the central platoon, so he may not know exactly what kind of force there is in the central objective, well ... in theory.

Some more major firefight in the north village, we managed to capture a house and force some enemy to retreat, to achieve this i have been forced to use the IS-2 , it got under lot of fire, but fortunately it survived and played an important role in the house combat.

The central objectives have all been captured, the central platoon is setting the defense there.
One of the guard squads is now rushing to the south objective, i am not sure they will manage to get there before the end of the battle, as it is already turn 11.

The 2nd IS-2 was fired at by an away tank while making a movement mistake (i moved it a bit too much while i didn't needed to move that much) , i see no damage on it hopefully.

With some more -LUCK- all the BM-31 will finally decide to fire next turn, and if it is the case, i would be -very- happy, as it would then land directly on a pack of retreating and advancing enemy, perfectly in time with my assault.

If the artillery wait even more, i will make sure the BM-31 crew is shot, as they will cost me a lot more casualties, as i will be forced to stop my movement, as i don't want to expose my troops to my own artillery.

Turn 12
The BM-31 Rama fired and unleashed their fire destroying 2 enemy Maxxon AA jeep that were firing at our position (at least, some good luck is present), and immobilizing an enemy tank.
As the targets were a bit away, we may not have disturbed the enemy infantry that was entranched in the village.

But at least all the BM-31 have fired, that's a good thing.
We have relocated new targets , at the opposite entrance of the village, with some luck the BM-31 will rearm quickly and unleash more artillery fire on any more incoming/retreating enemy.

Our infantry despite suffering some more losses managed to force some enemy infantry to retreat. We may be able to continue our progression inside of the village, we are getting close to the north objective, maybe 100/150 meters.

In the central objective the guard platoon is now in defensive position, one of the guard squad is running to the south objective.
It seems the usa has concentrated all its forces in the north objective, that's good as it will leave the other objective to me and will help the final score of our side that was going down with all those casualties.

Turn 13
Even more firefight in the village, it seems the usa just recieved some reinforcement, that will not make our task easier, but we will try to continue.
We forced again some enemy to retreat.

In the central objective, we have met incoming usa infantry, we don't know how many they are, but we will try to resist as much as we can.
The good point is that they must come out of their current forest position to attack, while we are always inside.
But if the usa deployed a lot of infantry, with my 3 squads the position could be overwhelmed by the enemy force.

Let's hope the usa think i have more in this location than what he has seen.

Nothing more to report, we are always moving.
I may send the rear guar IS-2 to the central objective, just in case more enemy than expected decide to appear.

Turn 14
Some jeep and tank MG are firing at one of the house in which one of our infantry is hidden since several turns. I will finally move the squad so there is no more casualties in it.

In the central objective, the guards have spotted a second enemy squad in the forest.
But i will not move or reveal my squads now, as before capturing the objective, the enemy will have to move out of the forest.
I don't think they have spotted my hidden troops, but i find it strange that they seem to look in our direction.

Will have to check if i am as well hidden as i think.
At least they may be reluctant to attack, as they have no idea about the amount of enemy troop there is in the central objectives (i am a bit bluffing because there is nobody there).

The north army is now moving in the village, we are at 50m from the objective, we know there is an enemy AT squad there, and another us squad at 150m.
I don't think i will move in the upcoming turns, as i will be a bit too near the possible impact zone of the upcoming BM-31 fire.

This turn no firefight at all, the enemy vehicles are not moving , my rear guard IS-2 will stay where it is, covering the BM-31 Rama area, just in case.

The second IS-2 will stay at the village entrance, i find this position being very nice for it, controlling the road , being surrounded by my own infantry to prevent flanking, i doubt any enemy will be able to reach the road without a problem.

Turn 15
In the central objective, there are some firefights, so i guess i was not as much hidden as i thought. There are casualties in both sides.
I stopped the squad that was running to the south, as it was able to provide some fire support for the situation there.

The BM-31 Rama fired again , not a lot of usefullness as most of the shots went a bit away, but hopefully the splash may have suppressed a bit the enemy.
I have no artillery left, the BM-31 fire was limited (i knew this , that's why i used it late)

In the north village, we have now captured some of the objectives, we have force more infantry to retreat, there is a lot of smoke everywhere as the fight was important, and there is even more casualties in the 2 sides.

Turn 16
In the central objective the battle is raging, but it seems the guard platoon is getting the upper hand, thanks to the come back of the squad that was supposed to go to the south objectives that helped to force an incoming enemy squad to retreat.
Then a counter attack of one of my squads forced another enemy to run away from the battlefield.

In the village, one of the usa tank fired at one of the house in which our troop was hiding.
We destroyed an AT squad that was defending the last US location of the north objective.
Next turn we will be able to capture all the north objective.

Other than this, no more events to report, everything seems to be in our advantage, i think the usa made a mistake to not engage their tanks during all that time, he had more armor than our side , and in the village the lack of enemy armor presence coupled with artillery fire offered me the upper hand.
Certainly he thought my IS-2 would be a too big threat (as their huge canon is basically a definitive armor killer), but he already succeeded to destroy one of them in 1 shot in the beginning. Fortunately, he does not know that i have only 2 tanks.

Turn 17
An enemy tank is supporting the central usa troops, but fortunately we are resisting.
The upcoming 2 next turns may prove to be difficult , i hope we will be able to deal with the enemy there, as the enemy tank despite firing from huge distance (more than 1 km) is suppressing our squads (what an accuracy) and will give us a disadvantage when it comes to opportunity fire.

I am sending an infantry squad to attack a tank, but unfortunately i attacked too early, as none fired their panzerfausts at the tank, i was surprised but it seems you must be nearer than 150 meters (3 hexagons) from the target to use it, very different from SP:MBT ATGM, i should have experimented a bit before.

So far, we continue to advance in the north village and we have captured another objective
Some more firefights are happening, but the north objective will be all red soon, the enemy troops are not in condition to stop our advance now.

That is certainly because the enemy hasn't used his armor, and left them in the hills in the north and south of the village, he wanted to spare them, but good for us it made the life of his own troops in the village very difficult as they were not enough to deal with the BM-31 and my north army with the guard platoons that are delaing hard strike to the enemy.

Overall, i feel the battle can be won now if i make no mistake.

Turn 18
In the village the battle continue, not really because of enemy infantry, but because of the support fire from the enemy tanks.
fortunately, the lack of enemy infantry seems to confirm that i have now the upper hand on the north village.

After some brave infantry draw as much opportunity fire from a nearby enemy tank, my rear guard IS-2 moved to fire at it that is just north of our position, but missed the 2 shots, he moved backward before any retaliations from another possible threat.
My central IS-2 fired at an away jeep and forced it to retreat.

In the central objective, no more new enemy has appeared, so i guess we are 1 platoon vs 1 platoon, so we may battle in status quo , as the end of the battle is for the next turn.
I may be able to protect the central objective until the end despite my squad begin to be suppressed too much for use the rally button, not thanks to the enemy tank from more than 1km away.

A surprise : i can't believe it, the last rocket from the BM-31 Rama just landed directly on one of my squad (a very experienced and capable guard squad) that was in ambush position in the central objective, it seems the BM-31 completely missed their target (150 or 200 meters too short), the artillery gunners will be shot in martial court for such total lack of accuracy and drunk behaviour in the battlefield.
Half my good ambush squad is now dead as a result, and they are totally routed, running away from the battlefield.

On the good side we have now captured all the north objective, let's hope we will be able to keep the central one.

Turn 19
In the central objective, there are always some firefights
But we always have the objective for us.

In the north objective, we can always see the enemy tanks firing at the village , on our troops, but there again, we always have the objective for us.

We finally succeeded to destroy another enemy tank , thanks to the infantry distracting the target, while my IS-2 moved, fired at, and destroyed directly the enemy.

So this battle finally end with the north and central objectives being red, during the time, the us forces captured the far away south objectives for which i sent no troops.
We will see if capturing more objectives helped my side to get a victory, or if my army had too much casualties to achieve something good.

Situation of the north village at the end of the battle

Final score screenshot