.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old February 7th, 2011, 04:54 AM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road
Default CBM 1.8 released

The latest and brightest release from the workshops of QM et-al has been released and if I might add, contains many many cool additions and tweaks.

Here's the original release thread.
Old February 7th, 2011, 07:57 AM

Captain

Jarkko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CBM 1.8 released

Snif, too bad Pangaea didn't recieve any buffs.

Lord of the Wild still doesn't spread dom like most of the other titans

Carrion Dragon is just as bad as it has been from the start of the game (at least the other dragons have got higher protection).

Carrion Woods is still practically impossible (especially for LA Pangaea) to get up.

Ah well, should have been bringing up these things earlier.
Old February 7th, 2011, 09:32 AM

Colonel

Soyweiser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko View Post
Snif, too bad Pangaea didn't recieve any buffs.

Lord of the Wild still doesn't spread dom like most of the other titans

Carrion Dragon is just as bad as it has been from the start of the game (at least the other dragons have got higher protection).

Carrion Woods is still practically impossible (especially for LA Pangaea) to get up.

Ah well, should have been bringing up these things earlier.
Post it over at the other forum. I guess QM will fix it.
Old February 7th, 2011, 11:27 AM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soyweiser View Post
No thanks. While there are some of the best dom3ers and *very* nice people over there, there are also some of the worst scumbags internet has spawned. I'll rather not make myself a target for their bile throwing; if they spit even on people like Edi, then what do they do to mere mortals? I do not want to find out.
Old February 7th, 2011, 12:16 PM

BANNED USER

TheConway is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soyweiser View Post
No thanks. While there are some of the best dom3ers and *very* nice people over there, there are also some of the worst scumbags internet has spawned. I'll rather not make myself a target for their bile throwing; if they spit even on people like Edi, then what do they do to mere mortals? I do not want to find out.
Bile throwing only occurs when toolery and trolling is detected. Honest and helpful suggestions are perfectly fine.
Old February 7th, 2011, 12:30 PM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConway View Post
Bile throwing only occurs when toolery and trolling is detected. Honest and helpful suggestions are perfectly fine.
Heh, I knew that would draw Sombre from his hiding place Right, right, "only occurs when toolery and trolling detected". Like changing Edi's name to "Edi is a tool" after he registered on your forums? You Sombre think I would believe that? You sure wouldn't do that to somebody who doesn't like your bile throwing, and has expressed it multiple times, when you did it to an influental member of the community, who actually tried to make peace with you? Yeah sure, and I also believe you saw some cows fly yesterday

Anyway, why don't you Sombre ask your account to be released from the ban? You actually think *anybody* believes TheConway isn't Sombre Just because Llamabeast is cool enough to close his eyes rather than burn his friend doesn't mean everybody else too hadn't figured out this a long time ago already It would be great if you Sombre could update your mods (even if it was to tell people not to use the outdated mods on this forum, but to head to z7... forums to get the updated ones). I am pretty sure if you just *ask* you'd get your access back, without having to hide behind a silly alter ego However, I understand your problem, in addition to being an excellent modder and super genious in Dom3 (only a fool would try to deny either of those) you would actually have to act like a human being, and that would be too hard, right?
Old February 7th, 2011, 12:40 PM

BANNED USER

You still seriously think I'm sombre? /sigh, while I have a certain amount of sympathy for him, I am not in fact an alt of his. He has stated that he has no wish to return, and AFAIK he has not. There really isn't a reason for him to. He has a place to host his mods and talk to people he actually respects. I actually agree with you that changing Edi's name was rather childish.

That said, calling edi an "influential member of the community" is a joke. The buglist is cool, and the DB is amazing for modding, but my standard for "influential member" requires more than 1 post every couple months. Take away posts he makes as a moderator and he's contributed very little to forum discussion for the last couple years. None of the mods have tbh.

RE: editing sombre's mods, he actually asked shrapnel to remove them from the site or post links to the dom3mods forums, and they basically gave him the runaround to the point where he simply decided "**** them" and people could just play outdated versions if they damn well pleased.
Edit: llama has actually taken the blame for this, so my info is wrong/outdated I guess.

Its fairly obvious that you haven't even lurked at the dom3mods forums much beyond the first couple weeks, so you can keep your opinions on them to yourself.

Last edited by TheConway; February 7th, 2011 at 01:00 PM..
Old February 7th, 2011, 12:51 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

Actually the "Sombre's mods on Shrapnel" thing is my fault, I just haven't gotten around to sorting it out (although to be fair I was waiting for Sombre to give me a list of what he wanted me to do).

I also think the Edi thing was quite unfortunate, but the whole community pretty much told Sombre off for that IIRC.

I also feel I should defend Edi's awesomeness, as his DB is absolutely crucial for virtually all modding efforts.

Anyway, this is a bit off-topic, and what I really want to hear about is what people think of the new Machaka spells! (Several of them are mine.)
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old February 7th, 2011, 12:59 PM

First Lieutenant

Dimaz is on a distinguished road

Changing so many crosspath items to single path seems like a very major change. While I'm not going to play 1.7+ anyway, it would be interesting to know the reason for it (as it sort of reduces game diversity imo, or at least diversity between nations). Otherwise, all changes seem more or less logical in hammerless world.
Old February 7th, 2011, 01:03 PM

BANNED USER

Actually, the machaka spells look pretty awesome! Overall I think that this CBM will make them quite a different and better nation to play. The new marverni spells are a bit interesting too, though I'm not entirely sure if they really needed a buff. The predictable GoR/tart change might call for some rollbacks of previous tart nerfs imo. I actually am a little puzzled that there weren't any carrion woods changes, but that probably has a lot to do with no one posting about them where qm will really see.

I'm pretty sure that the changes to item paths were mostly to reduce the cost of items that were pretty much priced out by the hammer removal.

I'm sorry that you won't be playing any games with the new CBMs, if you want I can edit out the hammer removal or w/e specific bits you have issues with. I actually am surprised that there aren't more games with customized versions of CBM.