Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > KE Studios > War Plan Pacific
Notices

Old December 22nd, 2008, 09:25 PM

Private

Mike is on a distinguished road
Default Interface: How to Get Summary Info

I would like to get a snapshot view of my overall fleet (and the enemies). How many CV's do I have vs them? How many Transports? I can wheedle this info from clicking on all the bases, scrolling the task forces and doing the math, but my mouse finger gets tired. It would be nice to get a snapshot of my forces, where they located, what's their status, what's their health, same for the enemy.

I realize this "lack" may be part of the game: as Admiral, you should keep track of TF-6 and its health in Borneo, and know what's in TF-12 off the Aleutians, not to mention how many CV's the enemy has at some home port. It's all there, if you click and scroll enough. But it would spare the tired mouse finger and brain cells (such is the price of war), if a snapshot were available.

The same for ship losses. Yes, I can click and scroll the reports (do the math) to see my losses vs the enemy, but wouldn't it be nice to see that the score is: 2 to 1: Kaga, Hiryu vs Hornet?

Did I miss something in the manuel? Is this a possible enhancement/update?

As an old AH VITP player, I've been looking forward to this game a looooong time. It's great. I'm looking for this simulation to replicate alot that the cardboard environment offered. For instance, can you name Task Force (beside Strike Force) into things like the Fast BC Fleet (the revered Kongo class 4-3-6's), the Can-Take-A-Punch CA's (the 1-2-7's)?
Old December 22nd, 2008, 10:19 PM

BANNED USER

ScottWAR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Interface: How to Get Summary Info

There are 4 buttons with letters on them at the bottom right of the game screen. Click on the one marked 'A' to show all active ships and their locations.

Also, click on reports in the menu at the top left, and choose your side, and active ships to view active ships and their locations.
Old December 22nd, 2008, 11:45 PM

Private

That's exactly my problem, it doesn't really summarize anything meaningfully, just let's me scroll alot...There's no BIG PICTURE view.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 12:20 AM

Private

GeneralChaos is on a distinguished road

What about Reports button in the upper left? Then go to Force Summary button? It lists all ship classes (Ships Active & Ships Sunk).

So I swap between Force Summary button and Task Force button (T button lower right?) to do all my ship/TF status stuff.

I old VITP player too. This game is good/fun. Hope it gets better. GC

Last edited by GeneralChaos; December 23rd, 2008 at 12:40 AM..
Old December 23rd, 2008, 02:24 PM

Private

Thanks for re-introducing me to the Force Summary button. Seems like I just got used to going to the buttons above it. It does give a good scorecard of the losses and snapshot of current strength.

But all these different buttons fail to give what I call a "snapshot big picture" of the game. In my mind this could be a cross-tab report: 5 Columns for the American CV's BB's CA's Transports AND Convoys. Another set of 5 for the Japanese. There would be 29 lines representing each base. Each box would tell me the number of what was where. A better version might be a button on the Strategic Map that shows those numbers at each base, e.g "6-2-12-1-1" on the Home Is.

What the existing buttons and reports fail to quickly report is the number and location of the Transports and Convoys (both yours and the enemies). Yes the Halos show a Transport, but is it one or two? [click, click scroll thru ship or TF lists to find out] For Convoys there's not even a Halo clue. Knowing the location and number of these units (especially the enemies) is the key determinate in deciding that month's moves and objectives. It should be a piece of information that jumps out at the start of a turn.

Maybe KE Studios can add this to their Player Wish List. After all it is the Holiday Season.