.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 24th, 2013, 06:57 AM

Captain

LDiCesare is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Why do you play dominions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by parone View Post
i asked if there was room to play more then one way(ie, not always entirely to win). things like testing an unconventional build. or maybe just fighting an early war for that "fist fight on a burning ship" type of feel. i think these things can be fun.

i have tried stuff like this and gotten battered in the in game threads as someone who is stupid and doesn't know how to play the game 'right'.
Testing builds for yourself in a MP game is ok. You take a risk, which may or may not pay. Fighting an early war with someone else for your own fun means the target of your early war may have his whole game spoiled in order for you to have your own fun. Since that player has no way of guessing that you're not playing the same game as the other players, you effectively ruin his game. That's very bad. When rules are posted in a thread, which include house rules (no lab filling, etc.), you should play the game by these rules. You can't expect people to respect house rules you make up. The real point is if you come to a game with different expectations from other players, you will ruin the game for you or (some of) the others. So don't do that.