This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Mods
Notices

Old July 14th, 2007, 04:33 AM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WinSPMBT \"Das Reich\" (OOB MOD.)

Frankly I have to wonder how the suspensions, drive train etc. would cope with a L70 and substantially heavier armor added at the same time. What components could you atually retain ?
Old July 14th, 2007, 09:13 AM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road

The armor needs not to be heavier (dunno about the specific case), better shaping with the same weight might do the trick... Or even spare some weight.
Old July 16th, 2007, 05:29 PM

Captain

RecruitMonty is on a distinguished road

I'll Think about it. It might make a good "Panzer IV K" It would be the missing link between the Hyaene and the Panzer IVs.
Old July 26th, 2007, 12:10 PM

Private

arc3371 is on a distinguished road

Some questions is there a complete OOB to download? And in that case which one does it replace?
Old July 28th, 2007, 09:34 PM

Captain

There will be a number of complete OOBS. Imperial OOBS in the 1st release will include: Germany (44), Denmark (35) as the primary German OOB (long story), Switzerland (50 something), Austria and France.

Australia, New Zealand, the USA and Canada will need some work and the French and Belgian OOBs will contain "Free-" variants as well. The Canadian OOB wil be a composite of the British OOBs.

Oh, By the way, if you read the previous entries I am fairly sure that the set up of the OOBs and so on is discussed.
Old August 6th, 2007, 10:17 PM

Captain

Default Re: WinSPMBT \"Das Reich\" (OOB MOD.) *DELETED*

Post deleted by RecruitMonty
Old August 26th, 2007, 08:45 PM

Captain

~Update~

The Canadian and British OOBs have finally been spliced together. Early on there is a lot of US equipment and real world British equipment of the time is scarce. Later on however the "British Canadians" begin developing their own tanks, APCs and so forth. I am thinking of creating some extra Arctic formations and stripping the BOV series vehicles from the Europeans. I will have to cook up an arctic version of the S-Pz. 115 D (Reich APC) though. The arctic formations will be fully mechanised (BOVs a plenty) and they will have BOV support units too (SAM, ATGM, Recoilless Rifle, Mortar etc).

As for heavy tanks, well what do you guys think? Should the British Canadians have a dedicated Heavy Tank or should the Americans be the only ones to field Heavy Tanks (amongst the allies)?

The German OOBs (35 and 44) have undergone some recent changes too. The Leopard 1 class tanks now come in two varieties, Light and Medium. The original spec. is light, the new and improved up-armoured spec. is heavy. Late variants, from the 80s onwards will be fitted with a 110mm gun. The regular vehicles will be used by lighter and more mobile armoured formations, (paratroop support, light infantry, colonial infantry etc) and the bigger ones will be used by high end units, like the ISS (die Imperialische Schutzstaffel) the mechanised Jaeger (elite "Gross-Deutschland division like" heavy infantry) and other select units.

Development of a new fully integrated and air mobile combined arms unit is also in the cards. From the Late 60s onwards the Imperial Airmobile arm will be using haevy helicopters to transport light tanks and mechanised mortars alongside the infantry.

A new interim MBT, the Panther III (name subject to a change if required) has also been added in with an improved 105mm gun. It runs from 1950-1964 and looks a lot like the Hyaene (if anyone has seen it) only the chasis is longer and the turret a little more rudimentary. The Loewe II A has been erased from service.

The American Heavy tanks now run from 1946-2020 and are performing well. The early Soviet heavies have been bolstered by the JS 7 and some other vehicles are on the cards.

The German heavy tanks are facing one final set of alterations. The early Kaisertiger series was fitted with a 110mm gun instead of the 128mm. I think that as the Loewe class vehicles are meant to be the compromise vehicles, a compromise between the super heavies and the MBTs, then surely they should mount the 110mm gun. Any thoughts?

That's all, for the moment folks.
Old November 5th, 2007, 12:29 AM

Captain

Just a little update. I am reworking the USA heavies, the earlier ones. Due to limited space I have moved the early heavies (40s) to the Green OOB. I re-worked the icons and I am re-working their guns. Problem is I can't figure out the correct figures from the info. Marksheppard gave me. I will need some advice folks.

Along with these alterations I also matched my USA and Soviet OOBs up with Plasmakrab's and I have begun work on the White Russian Revivalist OOB.
Old November 5th, 2007, 04:21 PM

Captain

Ok, here are the re-worked US heavies. I am not sure about their in-game armour values so I will reproduce them here for comment.

T 29:
Hull Front: 15
Hull Sides: 6
Hull Rear: 5

Turret Front: 23
Turret Sides: 13
Turret Rear: 10

Top: 4

T 29E1:

Turret Sides: 14

T 30:

Turret Sides: 14

T 34:

Turret Front: 21
Turret Sides: 13

Attached Files
File Type: rar 561891-USA Heavies (Green).rar (16.4 KB, 168 views)
Old November 5th, 2007, 04:33 PM

Captain

Oh and as a little surprise, my version of a late 90s - 21st Century US Heavy Tank.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 561896-Paladin Tank.rar (7.9 KB, 180 views)