Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 23rd, 2022, 12:19 AM

Private

The_Think_Tanker is on a distinguished road
Bug Abadan Peninsula Black Screen - Bug

Greetings folks!

I've been creating a few scenarios and small battles from some friends and I to play through, and in the process of doing so I've encountered a bug that affected each of our separate copies of WinSPMBT and was repeatable. I'll list the conditions that we could replicate below:

Version: v14 CD & v16 CD (tested with v16, still occurred)

Resolution: Desktop (1920x1080), Windowed

Map:
Map 40 - Abadan Peninsula/Island, Iran 100x200
Countries:
Iraq (Human Players), India (AI) (though this bug was repeatable with other nations and time periods as well)
Era:
June, 1987 (as above, was repeatable with other eras)
Issue:
Screen instantaneously reverts to a black overlay, can still scroll around the map but only a small sliver of the map is visible through the overlay. There were some instances which resulted in a hard crash, and one which resulted in a freeze, but these were rare and couldn't be reliably replicated.
How to Replicate:
There were numerous instances in which the overlay seemed to occur, but the most reliable to cause it was scrolling all the way to the right side of the map, scrolling to the top, all the way to the left, and then down the left side of the map, where the overlay would shortly appear. Zooming in and out and scrolling to the top of the map also seemed to cause it fairly regularly.
Computer Specs:
- Intel i7-9750H CPU (6 cores)
- GTX 1650 GPU (4 GB)
- 16 GB RAM
- Windows 10 OS
- 2-TB Samsung EVO 860 SSD

Worth noting, I was unable to repeat this issue with other maps, but I also tested only a handful of other types to verify that the issue wasn't widely prolific. There were also brief periods of time where the overlay issue would seem "fixed" until it'd come back later in the turn. Also worth noting once the black overlay was encountered all maps tested would have the same black overlay (with exception to the map editor) until the game was exited and restarted. I've attached an image, as well as a link below of what the issue looks like on my end.

If you have any additional questions that I can provide information for, please don't hesitate to let me know. I tried my best searching through the forum to find similar instances of this issue but was unable to find similar examples. I'd also note that since this was tested by myself and other players on various different machines, it is unlikely that the issue is rooted in my hardware, though previous instances of "black screen" bugs did seem to be GPU-related.

Any insight, suggestions, or feedback you're able to provide is greatly appreciated, and please let me know if there is anything further I can do to help!

Black Overlay Screenshot:
http://imgur.com/a/OwnuaIj
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WinSPMBT_Map_40_Black_Screen.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	16729