Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Routing bug? - Page 2 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old July 21st, 2010, 11:24 PM

BANNED USER

Eximius Sus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Routing bug?

The ants in my yard do some brilliant routing. Are those the kind of bugs you mean?
Old July 22nd, 2010, 01:02 AM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

Immortals will rout due to total hp while in dominion. I've seen it multiple times, and it happens so routinely that I haven't even bothered to save a game turn.

This is especially egregious during an assassination attempt, because its the only reason why they'd rout (30% of their own hp = 30% army hp), and i've had multiple immortals rout during assassinations. Which of course actually kills them, despite being in dominion.

Ulm: Order of the Black Rose - Reimagining MA Ulm

A more Sombre forum: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?.act=idx. Now with more Maerlande.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 06:09 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Septimius Severus is on a distinguished road

Speaking of routing, although not related to immortals, I have long wondered why I will apparently win in the battle reply, routing all enemies units on the field (apparently before round 50, though I don't keep track), and yet lose in the actual battle results. I know for close battles this sometimes happens, but it sometimes leaves you feeling robbed.

Be harmonious, enrich the soldiers, and scorn all other men.
-Emperor Septimius Severus, to his sons shortly before his death, quoted in Dio Cassius (77.15.2).

Last edited by Septimius Severus; July 22nd, 2010 at 06:22 AM..
Old July 22nd, 2010, 07:10 AM

Sergeant

Kadelake is on a distinguished road

Have anyone encountered the other bugs I mentioned? Casters (a non-quickened lich in this case) casting multiple spells each turn. And the text not agreeing with the actual spells cast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimius Severus View Post
Speaking of routing, although not related to immortals, I have long wondered why I will apparently win in the battle reply, routing all enemies units on the field (apparently before round 50, though I don't keep track), and yet lose in the actual battle results. I know for close battles this sometimes happens, but it sometimes leaves you feeling robbed.
Maybe your army routed too and managed to leave the field before the enemy?
Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:44 PM

First Lieutenant

Loren is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimius Severus View Post
This probably the long-known bug that occasionally the reply has nothing to do with the actual battle.

The thing is the game doesn't actually store the battle results, but only the random seed that generated it.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 06:45 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Septimius Severus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadelake View Post
Have anyone encountered the other bugs I mentioned? Casters (a non-quickened lich in this case) casting multiple spells each turn. And the text not agreeing with the actual spells cast.
Not that I can recall. Would be nice if you've found a way to get spellcasters to cast multiple spells per round. So you say the displayed text says more than one spell per round but only one actual spell effect was seen per round or was it vice-versa?

Quote:
Maybe your army routed too and managed to leave the field before the enemy?
I don't recall seeing any other routing message except for the enemy and the few enemy troops remaining were at the edge of the enemies territory (getting ready to disappear from the screen) when I left the replay/the replay ended. The large amount of undead I had raised on the field (with their high morale) seemed to keep my army from routing even though most of my regular troops (with the exception of most of my spellcasters) had routed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren View Post
This probably the long-known bug that occasionally the reply has nothing to do with the actual battle.
May well be.

Be harmonious, enrich the soldiers, and scorn all other men.
-Emperor Septimius Severus, to his sons shortly before his death, quoted in Dio Cassius (77.15.2).
Old July 24th, 2010, 12:23 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yes, I reported this about a year ago. Specifically in my case it was casting hellpower/summon imps, sequentially. I have also seen it say it was casting blessing and cast summon imp.

It was reproducible - every battle that caster fought he did it.