The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Ibology > Approaching Infinity

Old February 8th, 2015, 05:11 AM

Private

bdhurkett is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Reports of bugs or possible bugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibol View Post
I'd like to know what that bug was, but
SECTOR 5003 ?!
Oops, didn't notice that attachment got sized down - here's a more legible one.

I don't know how much of it was a bug, but after doing the broken monk questline (as I mentioned to you before) I got 'stuck' and wasn't sure how to proceed, so I tried travelling to sector 1098 or something like that (the ID of the quest which was mistakenly displayed instead of a title).

By the time I got there:
  • I was ludicrously rich from selling data, perhaps thanks to modules or crew skills
  • For whatever reason, all but one alien race loved me, and the outlier tolerated me enough to not shoot on sight, so combat was unnecessary (and running away was easy)
  • Via modules/crews/upgraded parts, my ship no longer used supplies except for warping, and that amount was irrelevant
  • Also, the warp drive recharged in about three squares
  • Basically, at 1000 - or at least 2000 - I'd acquired the 'best' ship parts that apparently have minimums (like warp range of 9, etc)
After discovering there was nothing at the destination, I realised the quest was broken, and decided to go on a 'pilgrimage' instead. I skipped most of the rest of the way via wormholes (mostly forward). I decided I'd gone far enough at 5000, docked at the next Banker base I found, and finished their questline without too much difficulty.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bdhurkett For This Useful Post:
Old February 15th, 2015, 03:11 PM

First Lieutenant

ibol is on a distinguished road

Hi All,
If you are signed up as a beta tester, could you please come over to the beta forums today (sunday EST) and try the download of what will hopefully be the first update.
Thanks,
Bob
Old February 27th, 2015, 10:30 PM

Corporal

Lord Felix is on a distinguished road

Apparent bug.

In a previous ver. 1.0 game I had the Hand Scanners device. They worked perfectly. The effect is "L.O.S. Not blocked on planets." That means you can see everything out to the limit of your spacesuit's visibility range, even if it's behind a mountain or in a forest. Invaluable! I think this is the most valuable device in the game. If you have a spacesuit with vis. 9, you can explore an entire planet in about 5 seconds!

Later in that game, I found an artifact that had the same effect. It worked the same, consistently.

In my current ver. 1.1 game, I found Hand Scanners and they worked as before.

Then I found an artifact with the same effect.

But now, in my current game, when using the artifact but not the device, the effect short-circuits from time to time and everything goes dark.

This happens regularly. It goes back to normal after maybe 5 to 10 moves. At times this is dangerous and disconcerting. I'd say the effect now works properly only about 2/3rds of the time.

Is this a bug or a feature?

By the way, the Hand Scanners themselves work just as always. It's only the artifact with that effect that now is regularly crapping out.

If this is part of a general make-it-harder effort, then I think that's fine.
Old February 28th, 2015, 12:37 PM

Corporal

Another apparent bug. Playing another Hard/Permadeath game, have worked on to sector 68. All of a sudden I start getting lots of the starter achievements. Through various games I had earned something like 70 of the 143 achievements, but now they're all gone.
Old March 1st, 2015, 09:34 AM

Corporal

Drat! Another apparent bug, that will probably end my game. I've been in "crafting nirvana": my captain has Efficient Construction 3 (which means it takes only 2 of each part to craft an item) and I found an artifact with the same effect ("requires less parts"), so it has been costing me just 1 of each part. That means, if your're patient, that you can make 100 of an item, salvage all you don't want, and never lose any parts.

But last night I charged on to sector 205 (another planet farm). I just did some crafting, and now it's charging me 3 of each part! That's true even though my captain and the artifact are still there.

Maybe it's the gravitational pull of 500 planets in one sector?
Old March 1st, 2015, 09:36 AM

Corporal

I'll be darned! It WAS the gravitation pull of 500 planets. Nice touch! Not a bug but a feature.
Old March 4th, 2015, 05:36 PM

Private

Zythee is on a distinguished road
Angry Re: Reports of bugs or possible bugs.

Hi, fairly new to the game and just encountered an extremely frustrating bug. I had my best run yet, got to sector 12 (yes yes I know, not very far by you experienced lot standards) and then died in a cave from asphyxiation.

I'd managed to get quite a few of the achievements and had built up 260000 in my "Pay it Forward" and I finally thought I'd try spending it so I went to start a new game with all my pay it forward money on and...

I started dead.

It came up with the usual ending message (I wish I'd screenshot now) but said I'd explored nothing and done nothing.
I've lost all the pay it forward cash. I then tried to start again and same thing. As soon as I started I was dead. I couldn't get out of this loop and so I quit the game, restart and tried again and now it's all fine... only it remembers that I've lost all my money. Very frustrating!
Old March 5th, 2015, 01:55 AM

Corporal

Dubious is on a distinguished road

Just encountered an unminable "Minable asteroid", free floating in space. Not in a "belt". Attempted to enter the square via keyboard and mouse from several angles. Save game available.

-Dubious-
Old March 5th, 2015, 11:11 AM

First Lieutenant

ibol is on a distinguished road

Zythee, welcome. Sorry to meet under these circumstances. That is a known issue that has been "fixed" several times. Do you have update 1.1 installed?
that should not happen in 1.1+

If you contact me privately, I may be able to restore your funds, although not sure how atm. (atm=at the moment, but also means "cash machine" ... heh ...) saunders72 at Hotmail dot com
Old March 5th, 2015, 03:36 PM

Private

Zythee is on a distinguished road

ibol, that's a quick response, thanks!
I'm not sure what version I have installed - where should I look?
I'll email you.