This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old April 20th, 2021, 07:37 PM

Corporal

Felix Nephthys is on a distinguished road
Default Re: winSPMBT version 10.0 - 15.0 Consolidation patch (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
As for point 8 that is not something you would see in a normal game or even a normal scenario. That is only seen in the situation I described where a unit is reported being carried but is sitting on the map somewhere. Inevitably it turns out the "twin" is also in the carrying unit and loading the doppelganger into that transport rejoins them properly. Otherwise, every transport has to be searched for the twin. It's quite rare really but when it happens in a high unit count scenario it's a PITA. We mentioned its addition only in case someone happened to stumble onto a leg unit in an older scenario , in the open but reporting being carried by a vehicle.It will report...

"CARRIED BY: then the Formation Letter, Unit ID and unit name
Thank you for that, that makes a lot more sense to me now.
Old May 8th, 2021, 03:08 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,387 Times in 2,684 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: winSPWW2 version 9.0 - 14.0 Consolidation patch (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
As for point 8 that is not something you would see in a normal game or even a normal scenario. That is only seen in the situation I described where a unit is reported being carried but is sitting on the map somewhere. Inevitably it turns out the "twin" is also in the carrying unit and loading the doppelganger into that transport rejoins them properly. Otherwise, every transport has to be searched for the twin. It's quite rare really but when it happens in a high unit count scenario it's a PITA. We mentioned its addition only in case someone happened to stumble onto a leg unit in an older scenario , in the open but reporting being carried by a vehicle.It will report...

"CARRIED BY: then the Formation Letter, Unit ID and unit name

Here's a good example that would be seen in deployment in a scenario.

The unit is loaded and not loaded at the same time. Once the carrying unit is unloaded the doppelganger re-unites with the original unit and that message makes finding where they are much easier

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	example.png
Views:	87
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	16434  

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; May 11th, 2021 at 11:44 AM..
Old August 4th, 2021, 07:59 PM

Sergeant

EJ is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: winSPMBT version 10.0 - 15.0 Consolidation patch (2021)

I have not logged onto the Forums since January this year & here's a new patch update....WOW!
Can't wait to download & try out. As always thanks Don & Andy.
The Following User Says Thank You to EJ For This Useful Post:
Old August 26th, 2021, 04:46 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: winSPMBT version 10.0 - 15.0 Consolidation patch (2021)

I publish this post for informational purposes only to assist others who may have found difficulties in downloading the 2021 v15 patch. I used the Brave browser, Version 1.28.106 Chromium: 92.0.4515.159 (Official Build) (64-bit) to access the forum. I was unable to download the patch until I accessed the URL via Microsoft Edge.

Kind regards always

Old August 26th, 2021, 07:01 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,851 Times in 1,216 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahadi View Post
I publish this post for informational purposes only to assist others who may have found difficulties in downloading the 2021 v15 patch. I used the Brave browser, Version 1.28.106 Chromium: 92.0.4515.159 (Official Build) (64-bit) to access the forum. I was unable to download the patch until I accessed the URL via Microsoft Edge.

Kind regards always

Perhaps that browser requires one to manually whilelist sites you trust downloading exes from?

Same as some "helpful" email providers refuse to let you send emails with attatched exes, or even zips containing exes? - a total pain in the butt for developers since they provide no way to bypass thier "sickurity". (Workaround for that is to install crypto software like Veracrypt, make an encrypted drive (they call it a container), save files to the container, and then send a copy of the container as an attatchment, with an agreed password).
https://sourceforge.net/projects/veracrypt/

NB - a veracrypt container is a handy way to store any secure files (personal data, banking, your txt file with passwords etc) on your PC so if some tea-leaf nicks it, its not there to read. Just make a veracrypt container with a decent password, and mount it as a virtual drive when neeeded. The file could be on a USB stick as well, not just on your PC hard drive so you can store that elswhere in yor property. Veracrypt is a continuation of the earlier Truecrypt project apparently.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old August 26th, 2021, 09:03 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: winSPMBT version 10.0 - 15.0 Consolidation patch (2021)

This is the first I have heard about this browser so I DL'd it and gave it a try. When I tried DLing the patch there was no action and I had to click on "If your download doesn't start automatically click here" at the bottom of the screen and in doing so a window popped up saying I was trying to DL multiple files so I ended that session and started a new one but this time there was no response at all so I tried again and this worked

I right-clicked on "click here" and then " Open link in new window" and that showed

http://download.shrapnelgames.com/do...rade(2021).zip

Then I pressed ENTER and the pop up window to Downloads appeared and from there you can starting downloading with Brave

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old September 14th, 2021, 11:33 AM

Private

rel19 is on a distinguished road

In 2019 update new command was added to display artillery bombardment on map with # hot key.

Could this fine improvement be expanded in adding new separate commands that show on map height of hexes, terrain density, height of terrain, smoke density?
Old September 14th, 2021, 06:08 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Personally, I don't see how that would be useful in a game. If you do please explain how

Old September 15th, 2021, 12:59 PM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road

You already an see those in upper left when you hover, don’t think you need them also on the map as well.
Old September 15th, 2021, 03:19 PM

Private

rel19 is on a distinguished road

This will help to find advantageous, safe and dangerous positions, where a cover and where an open space, and where good point for observation.
Currently we have to move the mouse across the screen jumping with eyes from hex to info string and back and trying to remember something.

Second reason is indistinguishable slopes under trees and buildings.

Third is that there are incorrect hexes on map which look like flat but actually are higher then adjacent flat hexes so you can not see it until point a mouse on it and check out info string. This appears in scenarios and hand made maps.