.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old June 13th, 2010, 04:54 PM

Colonel

Soyweiser is on a distinguished road
Default Mytheology Update Now version 3.09

06/13/2010. Created an update for the Mytheology mod.

Mytheology is a mod originally created by Psientist, it adds a bunch of new pretenders, items, creatures, and spells to dom 3.

And because it looks like Psientist has not been at the board for some time now, and I liked some things is this mod. I tried to update them to the newest Dom 3 patch. A lot of bugs have been removed, and a lot of unbalanced things have been rebalanced. It still is not balanced, but at least some of the things are not way to strong anymore.

And while there are still a few issues, at least it is working again now. And as an added bonus. I moved the numbers around so it can now be used together with CBM 1.6, and the endgame diversity mod.

Feel free to thank Psientist, or to mention any remarks or bugs.

And as I'm a non-native writer of the English language, please mention any mistakes.

Previous thread:
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=40168

The zip file also includes a numbers.txt, a changelog.txt, and a holyspells.txt. Which contain, the numbers used for items/monsters etc, a changelog of all the things changed, and a list of all the removed holy spells. Because these are not working in the current patch.

These are the changes made in the 3.09 version:
Code:
- Switched the carrion lord and carrion mage nrs around. Should work now. Also fixed the pathcost (in mage form it was 10), and dom etc.
- Fixed the different pathcosts with the golden dragon.
- Fixed the shapes on Aku. He now changes in a octo form under water. And cannot change in another form. He can change into his normal form and dragon form above the waves. Boosted his octo size to 6. Gave him Dom 3 (1).
- Now changed ALL the images of Cthulhu. (He used to grow during the ages ;) ).
- Moved nrs around. Now compatible with CBM and Endgamediversity (which was made compatible with CBM).
- Fixed some names.
- Shah of Djinn and Ifreet now has max age 2000 (so he doesn't start out old). Also upgraded his leadership to expert, and gave him trample. (At 340 design, he is still way to expensive). Upgraded his start dom 3 (2). Removed the redundant slots field.
- Shah of Djinn and Ifreet had slots : 61702 (two hands, two heads, four misc) he now has: 62598 (two hands, one head, one body, four misc). Just like the image would suggest.
- Man O War now has mapmove 2 (0), ap 9 (6), hp 15 (10), and str 8 (2). So now it is somewhat useful. It also isn't a magical being anymore.
- Updated soul harvest description to show that it has only 4 effects.
- The Rite of AshkEnte cost reduced to 35.
- Updated description of Empress of Assassins. Gave her Pillage 5 (0).
- Updated description of The Menhir of Peace.
- Upped the siege catapult prec to 9 (5). Increased the Siege Trebuchet siegebonus to 50. (So the first can now hit something, and the latter is a better upgrade compared to the first).
- Reduced both the "Sea of Scarabs" and the "Swarm of Crabs" to 100+ (4*N) creatures. A reduction of four. Still a lot of creatures (But it is a lvl 7 conj spell).
- Menhirs and the Elder Sign are now stonebeings. As you would expect. Also, removed redundant #clearmagic tag from the elder sign
- Chanced Startdom to 4 (2) on Ecclesiarch. (If he is the pretender, it implies that the faith of the nation is well organized, and thus, strong).
- More cleanup, a lot of pretenders now have the pretender information at the start of the unit definition.
- Reduced the cost on the king of deeper earth 100 (160). As he has a chance for random afflictions. (Apparently some of the summons can have afflictions when summoned. This is a problem for these pretenders. Tested it, these are possible on the first turn, and not predictable). 
- Reduced the cost on the queen of the sea 70 (170). As she has a chance for random afflictions. And she cannot leave the sea.
- Reduced the cost on Yggdrasil 70 (100). As he has a chance for random afflictions.
- Reduced the cost on the queen of thunder 70 (170). As she has a chance for random afflictions.
- Reduced the cost on King of Banefires 170 (190). As he has a chance for random afflictions. (But d3f3 + banefire is still very good).
- Reduced the cost of the Vastness 180 (280). He is comparable to the void lord (125). But the void lord has additional dom, full slots additional path. Compared to additional mindblasts, sacred status and blood vengeance. At 280 points, Cthulhu (270) was vastly preferable (Immortal SC).
- Cthulhu now flies. As the wings imply.
- Menhirs are now size 6, descriptions updated. Menhir of faith spell now costs 15 (30), (it is comparable tot the construct juggernaut spell).
- Menhir of Growth now costs 15 (30), the copy of the Lord of Fertility doesn't seem to do anything. (Sadly there is no increase growth ability)
- Menhir of Fortune now has HP 20 (40), and prot 12 (22). Absorbing bad effects makes it weaker. (I thought this was one of the best Menhirs). Removed Gcost (30) and Rcost (20). One did nothing, the other gave a upkeep of 2.
- Menhir of Death now has startdom 4 (--)
- Menhir of Courage has Standard 50 (30). As a immobile unit, this seams to be it's only purpose. Don't know the mechanics of Standard, so I don't know how powerful this is. Also gave it Awe 2.
- Increased the penalties of the Spawn of Ubbo. Currently the Ubbo pretender is the way to strong ultimate rush pretender. Removed entangle. Supplybonus -9 (-2), incunrest 2 (1). Hp 15 (30), prot 9 (13). Encumberance 4 (0). Attack 10 (14), Prec 8 (14), Str 10 (14).
- Menhir of Death now summons Shades during battle. No domsum.
- The fallen angel is now wielding a Wraith Sword. And is size 4
- The grim reaper manifestation versions now is a leader. So the spells should now work.
- Monkey king, as he is supposed to be mischievous trickster, I reversed the research bonus to -2 (8), reduced his copy making skills to 1 (3). But the another monkey king is now the same strenght as the monkey king. (It is supposed to be a exact copy). Another monkey kings now auto cast luck.
- Gave the Prodigal King "Will of the Fates" onebattle spell. So he is basically a walking sword of the Aurgelmer. Upped his cost to 50 (0). 
- Reduced the cost of the father of medicine to 40 (80), and pathcost 10 (30). So he is more like the other humanoid pretenders. He also has researchbonus 5 (0) now.
- Reduced the cost of Shadowcat 50 (150) and the gold dragon to 50 (150)
- Reduced the precision of Morpheus to 16 (30). Gave him dom 4 (3), increased gem prod to 3 (1). At 270 points, he was a bit expensive. And while he is a fairly cheap A9S9 bless chassis, it isn't a bless anybody would use.
- The thunderbird now has a beak attack, not a fist attack.
- Decreased the power of the circlets, as they stacked with normal body armor.  5, 10, 15. Also reduced the costs to 5, 10 ,15
- The Kraken replacement could be summoned by using the underwater summon animals spell.
- Moved the Kraken to new summon spells, renamed the normal ingame kraken to Giant Octopus. Removed gold upkeep cost from Kraken Summons.
- Kraken King is now an assassin, with poor leadership
- Reduced the seduce ability on desire. 22 (150). Removed the Beckon 50 ability. (Not really useful to have them both).
- Reduced the seduce ability on Cytherean Priestess to 16 (20).
Enjoy!

Get 3.10 here: http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?p=784948
Attached Files
File Type: zip mytheology 3.09.zip (1.60 MB, 1799 views)

Last edited by Soyweiser; October 2nd, 2011 at 08:55 PM..
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Soyweiser For This Useful Post:
Old June 15th, 2010, 08:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

Jack_Trowell is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mytheology Update Now version 3.09

Desire, in the source material ("Sandman" from Neil Gailman) is supposed to be sort of both sexes at the same time, and able to seduce (almost) anybody, as the incarnation of the desire itself.

If you want to keep the "seduce" ability to keep in theme, maybe s/he could have a shapechange allowing him/her to change between male and female forms ?

This could allow the seduction to be useable on both male and female commanders.
Dominions Map validator and randomizer : http://dominions.realites.org
Dominions Map editor v0.75b : http://dominions.realites.org/map_editor
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:58 PM

Colonel

You got a good point there. And a sex changeing Desire would be a nice addition. But, I'm a bit weary of taking up even more monster slots. Perhaps using the Beckon ability instead of the seduce ability. But I'm not that well known with the beckon ability. Does that one only seduce and not assassinate?

And there is also the domsummon + stealth problem. This can summon monsters who 'drop' into the enemy province without leadership. Giving away the position of the pretender. (There are currently two pretenders with this problem).
Old June 18th, 2010, 06:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

Jack_Trowell is on a distinguished road

Not sure about the beckon ability, but you could try copying the corruption from Belial : http://dom3.servegame.com/wiki/Lord_of_Corruption

It works like seduce but can works on any unit (I think).

Problem is the ability is not called "seduce" anymore, which would have been appropriate for desire, and I don't think that there is a #corruption mod command (unless it is what #beckon do ?) and doing a copystats from belial might come with other undesired flags.
Dominions Map validator and randomizer : http://dominions.realites.org
Dominions Map editor v0.75b : http://dominions.realites.org/map_editor
Old June 18th, 2010, 08:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

Stavis_L is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Trowell View Post
Not sure about the beckon ability, but you could try copying the corruption from Belial : http://dom3.servegame.com/wiki/Lord_of_Corruption

It works like seduce but can works on any unit (I think).

Problem is the ability is not called "seduce" anymore, which would have been appropriate for desire, and I don't think that there is a #corruption mod command (unless it is what #beckon do ?) and doing a copystats from belial might come with other undesired flags.
The Hinnom Lords of Civilization also come with corruption. They are also all demons, though, which would be the annoying flag to remove.
Brainless Soulless - a fix for Life after Death/Ankh "exploit", Bogarus Scout Fix
Old June 18th, 2010, 08:49 AM

Colonel

I think beckon only works on coastal provinces and kills them by drowning. So that wouldn't work for my purpose. Corruption would work.
Old June 18th, 2010, 08:49 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soyweiser View Post
You got a good point there. And a sex changeing Desire would be a nice addition. But, I'm a bit weary of taking up even more monster slots. Perhaps using the Beckon ability instead of the seduce ability. But I'm not that well known with the beckon ability. Does that one only seduce and not assassinate?
The Immortal Pretenders mod has a pretender called Dream Weaver that you might look at. It seems to have alot of that.

Quote:
And there is also the domsummon + stealth problem. This can summon monsters who 'drop' into the enemy province without leadership. Giving away the position of the pretender. (There are currently two pretenders with this problem).
I make use of that. Its one of the reasons I love making assassins out of Pangaean Pans. As they move, you get automatic testing of provinces to see the real opposition. As you seduce/assassinate you get automatic probing to see if you have cleared the final commander routing his troops.

True, on pretenders it must be used carefully (the Lord of the Wild has that feature). But I still consider it to be a fun and useful feature. BTW it is more useful if the summoned units are berserk so they can actually take provinces more often.

It also makes for advanced scouting. The unit only has to move each turn and it will automatically get an attack/probe without having to take a turn for it.
Old June 21st, 2010, 05:57 AM

Major

Fantomen is on a distinguished road

A sex changing Desire would be way cooler and more thematic than using a different ability. Worth a monster slot IMO.

Are all of the endless in there?
Old June 22nd, 2010, 05:59 AM

Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
A sex changing Desire would be way cooler and more thematic than using a different ability. Worth a monster slot IMO.

Are all of the endless in there?
It would be more thematic, but it would still be a bit strange. "Damn, the commander was a woman, I should have changed desire into a man...". As the anthropomorphic personification of desire, changing into the right type should be automatic. Or, more thematic, desire should be androgynous, the current way to sexy female always bugged me a bit.

Only dream and desire are in there. (Adding EA Delight and MA,LA Delerium would also be fun, just as the rest of them).
Old October 2nd, 2011, 08:54 PM

Colonel

There is an update for this mod available here: http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?p=784948
http://wolfsbane.alwaysdata.net/Spells.html
Test stuff, use the debug mod:
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453