.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Development > All American: The 82nd Airborne in Normandy
Notices

Old October 13th, 2006, 12:11 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Annette is on a distinguished road
Default Boku Strategy Games Goes All American!

News Release For Immediate Release

Baseball, Airborne Night Drops, and Apple Pie Together At Last!

Hampstead, NC, 13 October 2006

The North Koreans may be testing nukes and Shrapnel Games has new information about
All American: The 82nd Airborne in Normandy. Yeah, someplace a 15th century seer is
turning over in his grave.

Shrapnel Games is proud to announce that Boku Strategy Games (The War Engine, the
Combat Command 2 series, the Horse and Musket 1 and 2 series and the oldest Shrapnel
Games developer) is now tweaking the All American code and pushing forward on this
highly anticipated (and yes, highly delayed!) title. While no release date has been set
with Boku focusing on All American developments should now be happening sooner
than later.

All American: The 82nd Airborne in Normandy is the sequel to the blockbuster tactical
strategy title, 101st: The Airborne Invasion of Normandy. Featuring skirmish level play,
with players guiding individual soldiers, All American boasts forty-eight uniquely
characterized troops to command in a variety of scenarios. Based on real world maps of
the Normandy countryside, All American features a high level of authenticity with thirty-
five weapon types researched and modeled, and a combat result system based on real
world wound studies of the Second World War. A dynamic play structure makes every
mission unique, and the ability to play multiplayer adds to that. All American: The 82nd
Airborne in Normandy will be available for Windows.

But that's not all that Boku Strategy Games has cooking! Boku Strategy Games will be
entering the boardgame side of the business with their first title, "BaseBrawl!!!"
BaseBrawl!!! is the All American game everyone knows and loves, but with the added
possibility of a tad bit of the ol' ultra-violence. If you're familiar with baseball then
you'll have no trouble cranking up a game of BaseBrawl!!!, which plays like the real
thing except you only need a kitchen table to host your own World Series. Three
different layers of rules (Little League, Minor League, and Major League) help gamers of
all ages and abilities quickly learn the game system.

"It's been a good year for Boku", says owner Michael Cooney, "Not only have we found
resources to continue our most revered software series, we're bringing to baseball fans
everywhere the most realistic and fun-to-play tabletop baseball game ever seen. We took
a whole new approach to sports boardgaming by concentrating on the mechanics of the
game instead of simply rolling out a whole play. And you get the added bonus of taking
out fielders while running the bases if you want. Who can pass that up?"

Shrapnel Games is currently seeking beta testers for this exciting and revolutionary sports
boardgame. If you're interested please drop beta test coordinator Mindi Arnesen an
email at mindi@shrapnelgames.com letting her know your interest, any experience you
have with beta testing, and any other relevant information. Those chosen will be notified
at a later date.

To order any Boku Strategy Games title please visit the Shrapnel Games e-store, the
Gamers Front at www.gamersfront.com/xcart/home.php

Visit www.shrapnelgames.com for our complete catalog of addictive strategy titles that
range from the quick, pick up play to the lock yourself in a room for six months kind of
deep gaming. Fantasy, science-fiction, role-playing, and military, you'll find a wide
selection of titles.
Old October 13th, 2006, 02:08 AM

Private

Nick_Hyle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Boku Strategy Games Goes All American!

Bacon is hanging from trees, 'cause someone used a quarter stick of 70% to make that pig fly.

Come on, All-American!
Old November 11th, 2006, 08:52 PM

Soldat32

Wooooohooooo!!!!

Cant wait!!!!
Old February 2nd, 2007, 02:05 AM

Private

Larry Marks is on a distinguished road

I see that someone removed Michael Cooney's post regarding Boku's split with Shrapnel and the state of All American. Can we expect an official announcement from Shrapnel on what is happening to All American? If Boku has actually bailed, perhaps after over 7 years of development it is time to announce cancellation of the game and return all pre-order funds. That would be the ethical thing to do.

I myself ordered the game on September 10, 1999. I loved 101st Airborne and was supportive of Tim's efforts to start his own company. Tim, I can't speak for anyone else, but this is one early supporter who is very disappointed by your decision not to finish the game.

Larry
Old February 2nd, 2007, 09:10 AM

Major

Tim Brooks is on a distinguished road

Hi Larry.

All American is alive and well and will be out 4th qtr. 2007. A demo will be available this summer.

We removed Cooney's post because it was full of lies and half truths. And we are totally amazed at sites that actually posted the release without contacting us first as it was so obviously an attack on Shrapnel.

More on this in a blog later today.

Please also know that we are disappointed in the time it has taken to get 82nd out and it is all my fault. Also know that anyone requesting a refund can have it. We have given refunds to anyone who pre-ordered 82nd and wanted a refund and will continue to do so. To date, and this is off the top of my head, but we have given less than 30 refunds, not bad for a game that is coming close to 750 preorders.

I want to thank everyone that has stood behind the game and has put their faith in me and Shrapnel. You won't be disappointed.

Please contact customer support if you would like a refund of your pre-order.
Old February 3rd, 2007, 02:22 AM

Private

Thanks Tim. A little communication can go a long way. I am happy to hear that you plan to finish 82nd. I respect the fact you have taken responsibility. 101st is one the best wargames I have ever played. You can obviously understand that there are doubts out there as to whether 82nd will ever be finished. I am not interested in a refund. The money has never been the issue with me. I simply want to play 82nd. This forum has been very quiet for a while with no complaints on how long the game has been in development. I guess I am trying to give you a little kick in the *** . We all need that sometimes.

I am pulling for you (for selfish reasons of course)

Larry
Old February 4th, 2007, 09:00 AM

Major

Thanks Larry. Everyone has been very supportive of 82nd, well beyond what I deserve. I have made 82nd my number one priority this year. Believe me, I want it done. It has been way too long.

I appreciate your words of encouragement!
Old February 4th, 2007, 10:34 AM

Private

Tim, reading the blog was very enlightening. Unbelievable to me that no one asked your side of the story before posting the story about Boku.

Larry
Old February 4th, 2007, 07:25 PM

Corporal

nikb is on a distinguished road

Tim, excellent post in the blog.

Although this is obviously a rough patch - it sounds like it might be the best for the game...and Shrapnel.

Keep up the good work.
Old February 5th, 2007, 07:50 AM

Major

Thanks Larry. We have often wondered how we could get our opinions printed in the press. Seems like all it takes is putting the words 'Press Release' at the top of your e-mail.