.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 12th, 2010, 09:54 AM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road
Default MA Test Game - Retinues

I want to test a component of my MA balance mod - retinues. What I've done is this: I've given every national commander (not mages, but non-mage priests yes) the ability to appear in battle with a medium-sized retinue of warriors, which are replaced automatically each fight. I'm still fine-tuning the retinue sizes.

The other components of my MA test mod will be tested later. It will be a 6 player game on one of Gandalf's random maps, with nations chosen from the list below. Renaming will be on, other settings will be standard. There will be no rollbacks or hosting delays, quickhost with a 24h timer unless and until a majority want the host lengthened.

It will not be CBM, but if anyone wants to use a CBM *pretender*, note that below and I will make sure the CBM chassis you want to use is available (the final version of the mod will include many of the changes in CBM 1.6, including most of the pretender buffs)

This will be an otherwise-vanilla game, I'm looking for six players to fill the following nations:
MA Mictlan
MA Ermor or MA Pythium
MA Marignon
MA Caelum
MA Pangaea
MA Shinuyama

Although this is a test-game, I'm hoping that it will be hyper-competitive, as that should give me a good idea on the balance consequences for this change. It'll be a direct-connect game. I will play the sixth position if I can get it free. I'm hoping to launch Wednesday morning, but it might launch anytime in the next week and a half, depending on level of interest and when people want to start.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe