.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old April 24th, 2012, 09:35 AM

First Lieutenant

bbz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Conceptual Balance Mod v1.92

yea same tests here, they don't seem to be too overwhelming.
Old April 24th, 2012, 10:08 AM

Captain

Immaculate is on a distinguished road

Okay, maybe i was just upset to be facing it unexpectedly. I did play-test them though and they seemed very powerful. Lots of stuff runs when they lose so many of their buddies. Routs were very common.
Old April 24th, 2012, 01:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

kianduatha is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immaculate View Post
Okay, maybe i was just upset to be facing it unexpectedly. I did play-test them though and they seemed very powerful. Lots of stuff runs when they lose so many of their buddies. Routs were very common.
Could you give details on what exactly you were facing(and how it worked against you)? If you commented in a game thread, feel free to link to your post there(or just copy-paste!)

I know it looks really powerful on paper. We need actual MP game experiences to use as examples, though, and the more detail we get, the better.

Sure, EA Abysia can use them fairly effectively. But in the end...they already have recruitable salamanders and guys with heat auras, so getting yet another way to deal fire damage isn't terribly a big deal for them.
Old April 24th, 2012, 03:38 PM

First Lieutenant

bbz is on a distinguished road

I'd say hinnom can use these quite effectively.
Old April 24th, 2012, 10:36 PM

Captain

Immaculate is on a distinguished road

two demonbreds use them on my commanders during assinations and the amulet kills all my bodyguards and my guy runs. thats not too OP... well, yeah, sometimes it is... but its my SP experience that made it look pretty tough.
Old April 25th, 2012, 04:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

kianduatha is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immaculate View Post
two demonbreds use them on my commanders during assinations and the amulet kills all my bodyguards and my guy runs. thats not too OP... well, yeah, sometimes it is... but its my SP experience that made it look pretty tough.
Remember that every Demonbred he makes is one non-fire caster he will never see, which is huge for EA Abysia.

I think some fancy scripting on your part can also help to deal with this--don't have one group of bodyguards then. Arrange it so the demonbred will hit a single target first to deal with his aoe and you will suddenly stop having problems.
Old April 25th, 2012, 05:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

legowarrior is on a distinguished road

I am curious, do people use the Ryujin a lot as the LA Jomon. We have a MA Mod which allows people to hire them from the capital, and people argue that they don't see much need for them. I'd like to point out, that the MA Jomon also has only slow moving mages, like LA Jomon, and are similar in many way, so the Ryujin play the same role for the MA Jomon as the LA Jomon.
Old April 25th, 2012, 11:30 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

It's harder to use them as LA Jomon because of the UW fort requirement, but they're absolutely used and useful, in both nations. Having super-mobile battlemages is a Big Deal, and ryujin give you access to a couple of powerful spells that are difficult for you elsewise. Saigu are a better deal for you for just plain path access, but make no mistake that Ryujin are a powerful, if pricy, aspect of the jomonese arsenal.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old April 28th, 2012, 05:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

Mightypeon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by earcaraxe View Post
actually its 260 gold, but the EA version is only 60.

now i have run some test, with the ma demonbred. without bless - according to my tests - and only equipped with a medallion he loses to 21 (independent) light infantry+heavy infantry nearly always. i didnt use any spells, but we are talking about early game, arent we? and he doesnt have much buffs to use with F2B2H2.

if i research a little to get to constr 2 and fire plate and helmet, then he becomes a little more succesful, about half the time he beats the 21 heavy inf+light inf. how are u (or ur opponent) doing ur thing?
Acutally, how does the amulet interact with Phonix pyre?
Old April 29th, 2012, 04:32 PM

BANNED USER

Bat/man is an unknown quantity at this point

.02: I 've always thought that gem generating globals that give bonuses in the same gem type were destabilizing.

ie., the Oak costs nature gems and returns nature gems -- if you keep it up for a few turns, you are strongly likely to be able to keep it up.

Has any thought been made to making global gem generators cross typed.. Ie., a casting a 30 water global might generate you air....