Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old April 6th, 2022, 01:05 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: MBT's

Pat.

I'll believe the date when they are reported rolling off the ships.

ANYTHING ANYBODY writes about this up to and INCLUDING Janes is just guesswork at this time\

But please note this from the Janes link matches what I first wrote

Quote:
Błaszczak said during the signing ceremony that the tanks would be delivered to the 18th Mechanised Division, with 28 tanks from US Army depots to be delivered to the Polish Army this year so that training of Polish soldiers can begin.
I do not care so much about the "official" date they would enter service. IF they were on Polish soil and IF something determined and nasty rolled across the border do you REALLY think they would stay locked up on the training ground?

Not a chance.... so if they arrive this year then this year is the date I use.

This game from the beginning was built on "what might be" and mainly the "what might be" it was designed for is what's happening right now in Ukraine.

Anyone playing as Poland in say..... 2023 who doesn't want to use them, does not have to.

Simple as that

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; April 6th, 2022 at 01:29 PM..
Old April 7th, 2022, 12:05 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

Alright got those 28 sorted out as being M1A2 SEP V2. This is doable only to the fact some of them are in the process of being converted over to the M1A2C/SEP3.

Those tanks could easily be RESET for foreign sale usage if they pull ones from the line as they're being stripped of their electronic subsystems through the conversion process.

They will not be the USA version as that is our frontline battle tank. That being said, I have after spending over 3hrs after work, early into the morning (0330) found I feel a solution to model a foreign sales M1A2 SEP 2/3 tank.

Unfortunately, as I was doing a final data check on the post I had just finished, someone way above my paygrade decided this would be a good time for severe frontal boundry to pass through us that knocked out power for 8hrs here.

I've kept my notes and I intend on following up as too much time was spent on finding, I feel a very workable solution to the problem.

You'll have it by this weekend or sooner, in the meantime gotta get ready for work.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; April 7th, 2022 at 12:13 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old April 7th, 2022, 03:26 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Default Re: MBT's

Pat

Sorry to hear about your power outage. I have always had battery back up that gives me enough time to save my work and shut down. It was a worthwhile investment.

I have NO IDEA why Poland would want to complicate their parts inventory by keeping spares for T-72's, Leos and now Abrams.

I understand wanting to phase out old the Russian vehicles but in the event of an "event" warehouses and manufacturers to repair/replace parts for Leos is a LOT closer than North America

And why would they want anything that is less armoured or less campable electronically / FC etc than what they already have so yes I can see some systems being a bit less than cutting edge for "export" even to a fellow NATO nation but only a bit

I will be sending you a PM. We can thrash this out there

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 8th, 2022, 03:40 AM

Lieutenant General

Don-Done!

Others and I have reported on this now it's started.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...o_ukraine.html

Used to have a couple of APS UPS but have my electronics all on MONSTER "Super Duper" surge protectors each with 1 Mill protection packages if they fail to work. Everything survived worst electrical storm in years. Oh well, maybe next time I'll be able to get a REALLY "Super Duper" new PC!?!

I'm off to see the wizard, the Wonderful Wizard of Oz...
well sometimes going to bed can make you feel that way at times!?!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old April 11th, 2022, 10:06 AM

Lieutenant General

I felt they would do this and said so, Germany leaning towards approval of donating 50 LEOPARD 1 tanks that be delivered within 6 weeks with the rest over the course of 3 months or less.

"Military equipment maker Rheinmetall is preparing to supply up to 50 used Leopard 1 battle tanks to Ukraine, the Handelsblatt newspaper reported on Monday, citing the group's CEO."

"Rheinmetall could deliver the first tanks in six weeks and the rest over the following three months through its subsidiary Rheinmetall Italia if it gets a green light from the German government, Chief Executive Armin Papperger told Handelsblatt."

"Papperger said Ukrainian soldiers could be trained on the Leopard 1 within a few days if they are already skilled military personnel." I'm sure the Ukraine has available tank crews by now.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...7627f44893217e

They should be of a later version/possibly updated of the LEOPARD 1; I think I have it narrowed down to 3 possible candidates.

Still trying to get more solid verification on this.

Also, this could open the door for the MARDER I that's been "batted around" for the last week or so.

Can't help feeling like I'm at least running a 1/2 Marathon these last few weeks with CINCLANTHOME, here and work.

Regards,
Pat

Old April 11th, 2022, 11:42 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

IEEEE! :

Leo 1's are better than nothing but not even close to an old 2A4 and there should be lots of them around

That said there are probably a LOT of nations with 105mm ammo in storage and the later versions are hardly puffballs

Last edited by DRG; April 11th, 2022 at 12:05 PM..
Old April 12th, 2022, 08:16 AM

Lieutenant General

I found this to be very interesting. It's really pretty much what's been recorded if a little more on the conservative side. The author also takes a deeper look as to what this means overall to the Russians, in fact several years back I believe the Russian tank storage issue was also discussed as to the quality of what's in storage.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/russi...2080-de-zitter

FURTHERMORE, no mention of either the T-90MS (As most know it by.) which was first stationed in the Far East or the ARMATA which is major technical issues still related to the engines/powerplant and other electronic issues as yet unresolved. The war and cost of it in real terms and sanctions make it even less likely in the RL this tank will see "the light of day" especially in our timeline.

I think a fair estimate will push it closer to 2027/28 if at all. Russia has had no success in new tank development in decades. The "Black Eagle" and T-95 are good cases to make my point.
http://www.military-today.com/tanks/t12_black_eagle.htm
http://www.military-today.com/tanks/t95.htm

Back to bed for a "power nap", I never sleep well when someone's not here.

Regards,
Pat

Old April 12th, 2022, 03:38 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Is there any real evidence the T-15 is in service or any of the other little toys they paraded a few years back?

This made me snort....... from Wiki

Quote:
ts new Malakhit (Malachite) ERA is claimed to protect against ATGMs like the FGM-148 Javelin, Missile Moyenne Portée (MMP), 120 mm tank rounds like the German DM53/DM63 and American M829A3 APFSDS sabots.
Yeah sure it is.............

The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 13th, 2022, 01:50 AM

Lieutenant General

T-14/T-15 & Boomerang-All are not in service by my sources or by any Russian sources.

If they were, they would've announced it by now, for both political and for purposes of intimidation given the Ukrainian War.

Both the "Black Eagle" & T-95 were paraded around also, I remember the T-95 actually made headlines when they paraded it all covered under a tarp on a tank transporter. I'm sure I posted that a longtime ago.

Because they are reliable, and the site is user friendly you'll see many question marks for the date for the above and several other pieces of equipment. NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING, here's...
http://www.military-today.com/

And you wonder why I don't like Wiki, to yours.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; April 13th, 2022 at 02:10 AM..
Old April 17th, 2022, 06:10 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

The Chieftain
Quote:

Taking a slightly different tack on this debate. There has been much focus in recent years on the ability of various systems like drones and sensor-fuzed artillery to destroy tanks. Some have observed that the tank has been declared 'dead' several times, going back as far as 1919. In this video, I attempt to explain why the tank still has a place on the modern battlefield, even if it takes more work and money to keep them alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI7T650RTT8