.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old January 10th, 2007, 06:45 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Map QuickRef

Quote:
Jack_Trowell said:
forts and poptypes, at least, are in the map manual, and when parsing existing maps, it don't matter what feature or other value is used, as I just get the existing value and keep it, but yes it will be most useful in the near future when I wil be starting to add detailled , and not random, features.
The list in the manual is far from complete and the fort list may actually have some inaccuracies in it. I've attached a full list of forts and poptypes to this post. I'd have added the sites as well, but that one is still lacking some pretty damned important info, namely the terrain masks for the different sites.

Gandalf, are you able to pull the site terrain masks from the innards of the game somehow? If you could, that would be absolutely great and I could finish the site portion of the DB in a a day.

Edi
Attached Files
File Type: xls 486137-Dom3_DB_FortsPoptypes.xls (81.5 KB, 157 views)
Old January 10th, 2007, 07:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

Jack_Trowell is on a distinguished road

Thanks Edi, it should be useful for the next part of my library. (http://www.dom3minions.com/docs/ has the lists, but not the IDs)

Note : just finished with parsig preset nation scales parsing, almost half the work is done.
Dominions Map validator and randomizer : http://dominions.realites.org
Dominions Map editor v0.75b : http://dominions.realites.org/map_editor
Old January 10th, 2007, 07:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

Jack_Trowell is on a distinguished road

I just realized that a small birthday cake icon had appeared aside my name because it's my birthday, and what do I realize too ? The very same cake is aside Edi's name too !

So Happy birthday Edi ! [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Cake.gif[/img]
Dominions Map validator and randomizer : http://dominions.realites.org
Dominions Map editor v0.75b : http://dominions.realites.org/map_editor
Old January 10th, 2007, 09:58 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Edi said:
Gandalf, are you able to pull the site terrain masks from the innards of the game somehow? If you could, that would be absolutely great and I could finish the site portion of the DB in a a day.
Edi
Afraid not. I cant extract data that he has variabled. I can only get the text. Descriptions, names of monsters, names of sites, names of equipment, list of forts, etc.

Added note about the special province project:
the strings file of the game can be quite useful for grepping out suggestions. Such as grepping for wolf and wolves
grep -i wol[vf] stringsDom3.txt
gets a nice list of monsters, equipment, spells and sites have something to do with wolves and which can spark some thoughts. Same with dragons, or vampires, or barbarians, or tower, or death.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old January 10th, 2007, 10:40 PM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road

Happy Birthday Jack and Edi!

Since it's your respective birthdays, you can both request an idea for a nation or etc. in either 1: the very very early primordial-age Dom3 mod, or 2: the very very late Istanbul not Constantinople age Dom3 mod, and I'll try to fit them in unless I don't like them. Current details are in the Ideas for a New Age (or whatever I named it) thread. Hey, it's all I have to offer.
Old January 10th, 2007, 11:18 PM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road

Gandalf... your list needs to be updated.
Your current #fort will not work correctly.
Old January 11th, 2007, 06:55 AM

Thanks for the birthday wishes and happy birthday to you too, Jack, even if I'm a day late with that!

NT Jedi, Look up my post above, it has the full list of forts that I was able to get out of the game attached. It was compiled by slapping the forts into a map file and then writing them down, so it is correct as of v3.04. Use that. So far it seems only Jack has downloaded it.

Edi
Old January 11th, 2007, 12:22 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

NTJedi:
that list isnt really mine. The first part is taken from the game and the second part is someones post here.

Edi:
Thats a great chart but maybe the format is putting people off. Do you mind if I convert it to something more generic and post it from dom3minions/docs? I would add a credit line to you.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old January 11th, 2007, 12:55 PM

Sure. Though I think that people might have overlooked the attachment. It's easy enough to do.

I posted an Excel version because many people here are Windows users and don't necessarily have Open Office. It's just a part of the whole Dom3 DB, which is going to be done in OO (but can be ported to SQL or other things), and I'll release the final one in OO format. Won't bother with Excel for that one because it'll mean that for the most used part of it I'd have to redo a substantial amount of stuff.

The forts and poptypes are basically the only things that will be easy to convert to text, everything else has far too many columns.

Edi
Old January 11th, 2007, 02:19 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

OK its available now here
http://www.dom3minions.com/docs/Forts_Poptypes.html
great chart.