.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old February 5th, 2008, 02:24 AM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game: Fearsome Legions (in progress)

I told him to get a Faerie Queen to heal those afflictions. Not my bad if he is still trying to send him out into battle.

I occasionally post something useful.
Old February 5th, 2008, 03:08 AM

Corporal

DireAussie is on a distinguished road

Had another look at the game and c'tis has actually made himself AI. Explains a few things that the moves showed this turn.
Old February 5th, 2008, 04:03 AM

General

Well then, the battle is on, Abysia. We intend to take back our capitol. Send what you want to try and stop us.

-Atlantis (a bit humorous, I presume, since I have no land forces)

Old February 6th, 2008, 12:55 AM

Corporal

If your capital wasnt in such an awkward spot I'd gladly give it back...would Marignon's capital suffice?
Old February 6th, 2008, 01:07 AM

General

Quote:
DireAussie said:
If your capital wasnt in such an awkward spot I'd gladly give it back...would Marignon's capital suffice?
No, damnit. We want ours. The scout we sent to take back the lake next to it failed miserably. Can you imagine? He only had to beat about a dozen sea trolls. Worthless scout.

It really would not be hard to do. I'll start off going through C'tis old lands. He won't mind, he's AI. Then you just have to give me about a half-dozen provinces as I march my army there. You can have them back after I go through.

Of course, you will have won the game by the time I get there, siege it, and take it back. But at least I'll have my capitol.

Old February 8th, 2008, 07:20 AM

Corporal

>Of course, you will have won the game by the time

If only! Combine the might of Pythium and Marignon. Its going to be tough...damn tough for me to win from here. I've been constantly at war ever since I invaded Utgard. My resources have been stretched. Meanwhile Pythium and Marignon have been for the most part war-free. They've had a chance to build up and plan an attack. Now they move on Arco and C'tis, you'll see their might building. This game is FAR from over.
Old February 10th, 2008, 05:11 AM

General

Indeed. Far from over. I would have to agree. We think we could even take over the whole ocean now, except that our good friends from Marignon hold the other ocean provinces, and we would not want to anger them. And of course our Caelem allies still hold out in the sea. But some might be surprised at what comes up from the depths in the future.

Old February 13th, 2008, 10:22 PM

Corporal

Well hmph. Marignon (Meglobob) going AI is pretty damn disappointing to say the least. I've spent months on this game and quite a lot of time for it to get to this state. I feel disrespected as a fellow player that you didnt post here a turn or two before you dropped out, considering how much time myself and others have spent planning our turns, and also considering you aren't a newbie to these boards with over 1600 posts. I would have been willing to wait out for a replacement than have you go AI.

Have you also quit out of your new fresh game Feohtan (which Wraithlord is in too)?

This is my first game on this forum. Is it common for large influencial players to simply drop out like this? Am I reasonable in reacting this way or is it just a "deal with it, always happens" situation?

-Abysia

P.S. I commend Caelum (duncanshriek) and Atlantis (Lingchih) for sticking it out.
Old February 13th, 2008, 11:17 PM

General

Meglobob dropped out?! That is a surprise. I've played with him in a few games and have never seen him do that. And no, it is not common for experienced players to drop out without warning. I wonder if Zach set him to AI by mistake?

I (Atlantis) am sticking it out merely because no one has been able to quite kill me yet, so it's kind of fun just hanging around. Guess I'll have to get busy on Marignon's ocean now though.

How many of us are left?

Old February 14th, 2008, 12:16 AM

General

Ahh, I see now. Marignon did suddenly go AI without warning. Shame on you Meglobob.

I guess the game is basically yours then, DireAussie. I can take a bunch of ocean provinces now (Marignon's), and probably eventually push back up onto land in Marignon's area, but I can't really compete with you for many turns to come. And it does not look like anyone else still in the game is much of a threat to you. I'm certainly willing to keep playing... I'm still having fun. But if everyone else wants to declare you the winner, I would accede.

On a side note, I have been involved in several games lately where powerful players just went AI. This is a disturbing trend. I think it may be because the game is a couple of years old now, and people are becoming a bit bored with it. Those people need to not sign up for new MP games