.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 4th, 2013, 02:36 PM

Private

danbo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Primordial Cake - [Game In Progress]

I'm currently on vacation with sporadic internet access and other difficulties. May I ask to extend hosting interval to 100 hrs per turn for about three weeks until March 23?
Old March 4th, 2013, 06:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

Groundworm is on a distinguished road

I agree with Revenant about the complexity of this game. As it turns out, I have a tremendous amount of scripting to do for this upcoming turn and not much time to do it. Requesting a 24 hour extension, please.
Old March 4th, 2013, 07:18 PM

Sergeant

revenant2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbo View Post
I'm currently on vacation with sporadic internet access and other difficulties. May I ask to extend hosting interval to 100 hrs per turn for about three weeks until March 23?
Should we disable auto-hosting for the time being? That will give everyone plenty of time to take their turns, and this game is at a critical juncture where mistakes can be especially problematic. If someone takes an excessive amount of time, i.e., more than a week, then we can talk about forcing a host.

AOE,

If you need help managing this stuff let me know and I can help out.
Old March 4th, 2013, 07:30 PM

Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreaOfEffect View Post
Once again the armies of Man march forward and strike another blow to the unfaithful heathens to our North.

Meanwhile, that vile nation of liverless fiends marches toward the war-torn remains of Caelum, that once glorious and wonderful nation. We should know, as we have brought the glory of our god to a few of the fortunate cites. Arco, that tarterous mass of bile that refers to itself as a kingdom will not succeed in wiping out the remains of Caelum should the nation of Man have anything to say. We have sheltered their refugees for many months now and will do our up most to protect the last remnants of that majestic race.

Here this you bottomless scourge of rotten meat, you will fail and die by our hands!
We've been introducing democracy to several of Caelum's freedom-loving provinces, and they are in no danger of being wiped out. In fact, many of Caelum's former military have joined my just and noble nation in our defensive war against the evil forces of the triple alliance, i.e., Man, T'ien, and Atlantis.

We have yet to see these fiends you mentioned. Are you sure they aren't some of your vampires that are feeding on the local population? Perhaps they ran out of Caelum refugees to feed on? We hear of many atrocities being committed in your lands.
Old March 4th, 2013, 11:42 PM

Sergeant

Crap. Both T'ien and Man staled.
Old March 5th, 2013, 12:36 PM

Major

AreaOfEffect is on a distinguished road

Yes, I was very depressed about the stale last night. I hadn't expected to miss the deadline. You leave the house and things happen some times. I'm kinda bummed and I'm sorry if others suffered while I was away from the wheel.

Removing Auto-host.
Moving the Host interval to 100hr as requested.
Guide Supplement: LA Man - Castle Warfare
Referance: Prophet Transformations
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:24 PM

Sergeant

Stuff happens. I wouldn't sweat it. I could tell that people were struggling with their turns, so I probably should have mentioned something earlier.

I sometimes get paranoid about getting my turn in time, so I'll often send in a preliminary turn and then send in updates. In fact, I probably send in 5-10 updates each turn now because there's always a bunch of things I miss.

Each one of these turns is like a separate project for me. I start off by creating a outline of what I want to accomplish each turn and then break that into tasks that I do in separate sittings. For instance, yesterday after I got my turn, I just focused on recruitment where all I do is figure out what units I need. Sometimes, I'll just focus on a single battle if it requires a lot of scripting. I even have a spreadsheet of all the territories with population, defenses, etc., so I can keep track of troop movements and weak points.

This is all fun (I love deep war games), but I could easily spend all day every day working on these turns if I let it. There's been a few times where I realized I like 3:00 AM I made a bone-headed move and then went to the computer to adjust my turn. My wife probably thinks I have a girl-friend on the side
Old March 8th, 2013, 05:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

Groundworm is on a distinguished road

That stale was, to say the least, costly. And that last turn was absolutely horrifying. I thought Flames from the Sky and Murdering Winter couldn't affect armies that were in castles!? I lost over 500 troops in that one province, which was well over half of my largest army!

Looking at the score charts, it's clear to me that Arcoscephale has won. There may still be some small contest to that, but I highly doubt it. Couple that with the immense amount of time it's taking all of us to do our turns, and I'm going to propose that we declare Arcoscephale the victor- revenant2 has earned it.
Old March 8th, 2013, 05:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

HoleyDooley is on a distinguished road

Dito.
Old March 8th, 2013, 06:26 AM

First Lieutenant

mattyburn7 is on a distinguished road

I agree. I hadn't looked at them in about 10 turns, but wow the trend is obvious for Arco.