.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old June 12th, 2007, 11:04 PM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Single Age mod

It's not exactly hard to add mod-nations to it.

I wouldn't expect S&S to be updated, since Zepath doesn't appear to be around any more. If it was updated, what does 'in a way that I like' mean? It would imagine it would simply have added flags for Tuatha/whatever other vanilla nations were released.
Old June 13th, 2007, 12:12 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
HoneyBadger said:
Nice work, Gandalf-any desire to make a version that incorporates various mod-nations as well?
I dont think it would be hard to do. Delete the appropriate reference to that nation number and paste in the other mod. Or maybe just initialize both mods.

I am finally getting a chance to look at some of the "better AI" mods. The unbalanced ones such as Amos does. Im thinking about going for a mega game with such nations in the empty slots to make if a full 75 nation game. Putting them in as boosted AI's might be fun. And my usual chaotic additions to the map.

Other than that the only mods I would fill in an empty slot with is if someone would do some clone nations. Such as an EXACT match to Early Ulm. I would love it if someone cloned all of the nations. Then we could have a 75 nation game where EVERYONE would get to play whatever nation they wanted. Even if 10 people wanted early Ulm I could think it would allow me to add 10 of them with different nation numbres and slightly different nation name.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old June 13th, 2007, 12:14 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Sombre said:
It's not exactly hard to add mod-nations to it.

I wouldn't expect S&S to be updated, since Zepath doesn't appear to be around any more. If it was updated, what does 'in a way that I like' mean? It would imagine it would simply have added flags for Tuatha/whatever other vanilla nations were released.
Yes filling in the missing nations. And something for the empty slots. Maybe something like the empty flag that it uses for indepts now since I would prefer to return the indepts to the simple banner they have in the vanilla game. I think I would like for the nations to have the big flags and indepts to have something less distracting.
Just a thought
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old June 13th, 2007, 12:58 AM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

Setting the indeps to the default banner is as simple as deleting a single line of code.

Setting the empty nation slots to the indep flag seems sort of pointless, but it's also very easy. You have the .tga there already, you just need to set it for each empty nation. The only difference in code between them would be the nation number.
Old June 13th, 2007, 11:43 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Cool. Then if someone decides to upgrade the mod with some new flags and become its new maintainer then things should be great.

I think we have enough description of Formosa for someone to go ahead and do a flag for that. Im afraid I dont have info on Gath yet but maybe something kinda generic could be done for the 3 eras of Gath just so its in place. It could be personalized to them later.
Old April 20th, 2008, 08:28 PM

Sergeant

Slobby is on a distinguished road

Neat mod! I'd like to use it in sp and put the ai's on random. However, I see there are filler slots. How can I get rid of those? Keep in mind I don't know how to mod in dom3 . And I'd like to keep it vanilla... can someone help?

Thanks
Old April 21st, 2008, 02:39 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Edit the SingleAge.dm in any text editor, like Notepad. Go through the file, and change the #era of the nations you don't want to appear from 1 to 0.
Old April 23rd, 2008, 12:19 AM

Sergeant

Slobby is on a distinguished road

Great, thanks Endoperez!

Another question, some of the nations have descriptions yet others don't. Any ideas why? At first I thought it was the early/mid/late tags, but after removing them that's not the case. I then thought it was the spelling of the names, but Bogarus doesn't work, among others.

I also thought that it may be the age. However I changed all of them to 2 to balance la somewhat and some early nations still have their descriptions.

And it seems I can only put in 36ai's as opposed to the original post of 76...
Old April 23rd, 2008, 01:23 AM

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Do multiple nations with the same name work (e.g. Ulm, "Forges of" and Ulm, "Black Forest")? Is that what causes descriptions to disappear? Don't know why else that would happen if the nations are complete.
Old April 23rd, 2008, 02:51 AM

Edi is on a distinguished road

The problem is the way the descriptions are hardcoded in the files. The descriptions are tied to eras instead of the nation number. If you simpluy switch two nations between different eraas like I did with Ermor in the Restoration mod, the descriptions stay in place, so e.g. in my mod Ashen Empire in MA had the description of Broken Empire and the modified Broken Empire had the Ashen Empire description. So if you move a nation out of its own era, you need to write out the full description in the mod file, as well as the summary and brief descriptions too.