winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old February 17th, 2020, 05:04 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

No worries, there's a reason I posted that here, it would get attention sooner then later.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old February 20th, 2020, 07:26 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MBT's

For anyone interested in armor penetration.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y284...ist=WL&index=3

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old February 21st, 2020, 02:28 AM

Lieutenant General

First off this is the second time on the site in the last hour or so that I haven't been redirected concerning updating my Flash Player.

Thank You Don and Shrapnel Games team!!

From this Thread on Page 94 Post #940 and as recently submitted in the 2018/2019 Patch Post Campaign Part 2, It looks like my "best guess" for FOC of the T-90M START, should be real close to RL based on the below ref. taken from Russian Sources in the MOD.

I was surprised though to see there're only talking about 15 tanks for this year. I had believed they would field at least somewhere around 50 this year.

The T-14, as I report is still on track for OPEVAL testing to begin by Summer of this year. They are hoping for FOC by end of 2021. And I have a bridge to sell you as well!?!

You will note in the last para, they left themselves a handful of "outs" why it might be delayed further. If we're at now about 4 years into OPEVALING the M1A2 SEP V3 (I know M something something.), well you know where I'm heading with this for the T-14.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/febr...ed_forces.html

We're done with the "Reindeer Games" (And did very well!), that we're taking a few days off for some Spring Training B-BALL!!!

So in the meantime, I hope everyone has a GREAT WEEKEND!!

And for Don, I'll have the last of MBT's submitted in Part 3 by Tuesday night next.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old February 29th, 2020, 01:37 PM

Lieutenant General

I was wondering why I hadn't seen anything recently concerning the M1A2C (SEP 3) except for electronic issues and of course TROPHY.

We already know (Or should know.) that the M1A2C has and overall improved armor over the M1A2 SEP 2.

Well according to the next (And whatever else I can find in the time I have before work.) is that the USA has decided within the last couple of months to add STEEL plated armor to the turret.

The result is this will be the heaviest ABRAMS to serve the Army. It apparently will add tons of weight to the tank affecting turret operations. As the article implies this will require a new turret motor.

For now, I highly recommend, we leave this alone.

What I now know, and as a reminder this article isn't even 2 weeks old, we'll need a date change of at least a year possibly two by my estimation, a fairly substantial STEEL turret revision and possible look at the ammo as this tank will be at present the only one currently able to fire the new kinetic round that was designed for it.

I'm sure it just won't be just "plain old" steel plates. I suspect these plates will be manufactured to the specs of what's already used on the tank and acting as a "second skin" if you will.

Ever changing and always a headache! As one of my CO's used as his mantra "Change is a constant."
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...2c-tank-117576
https://asc.army.mil/web/portfolio-i...n-battle-tank/

(This last is dated.)

Regards,
Pat

Old February 29th, 2020, 02:06 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

I will GLADLY "leave this alone" as this has got " future corrections" written all over it

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 1st, 2020, 06:34 PM

Lieutenant General

I figured as much. I was absolutely thrilled when I came across that myself.

And the world just keeps on turning!

How "wonderful" for us!

Regards,
Pat

The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old March 15th, 2020, 11:39 AM

Lieutenant General

Just a little something I came across while reading my "morning papers", it concerns the use of German tanks by Norway during the Post WWII era.
https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/norwe...mkanon-kw-iii/

Esigenza C3
And something for you "scenario guys" (Though someone might have done it already?), the purposed invasion of Malta. The article does include plans and additional references at the bottom of the article.

If nothing else it does make for interesting reading to include the fact that the Japanese directly assisted in the planning, something I wasn't aware of until I read this. Something different on at least here, a "lazy" Sunday.
https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/categ...icles/tactics/

And yes I know this is better suited WinSPWW2. But I don't think I've posted more then 5 or 6 times on there and I figure someone here can bring it up to someone there if they think it's worthwhile.

Regards,
Pat

Old March 15th, 2020, 12:48 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

There is a lot of irony in that you may have provided the last photo for a unit I add to SPWW2 with that Esigenza C3 article......

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 15th, 2020, 04:04 PM

Lieutenant General

Well I'm glad that in this case and for a change, I found something that didn't involve us going to "Battle Stations" to fix something or another!

Regards,
Pat

EDIT: I didn't realize their were more articles under the one I posted such as the Battle for Verba Russia. Interesting.

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 15th, 2020 at 04:33 PM..
Old March 15th, 2020, 04:05 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Those days are drawing to a close........

The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: