.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Digital Eel > Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space > Scenarios and Mods

Old June 20th, 2006, 09:07 PM

Sergeant

Psientist is on a distinguished road
Default Help Needed - New Babylon 5 Mod

I'm looking for a few people to help me create a new mod. I've started an ambitious "Babylon 5: Shadowfall" mod. I've already finished the Shadow fleet (which looks awesome in combat!) and mission /mission quest changes. However, I need help building the Drazi, Centauri, and Minbari fleets, and other components.

If I have to do it alone it may take me several months, and many parts probably won't get done at all. I want to do it right, but with a little collaboration I think it could be done better and a whole lot faster.

I have already found lots of great B5 fleet graphics and ship information, and they mostly need to be translated into hull, fleet, fragment, and weapon mod files.

Send me an email at dragonfly @ networkinsight.net if you would like to contribute. Contributors - no matter how small - get their work credited, and of course a sneak peek!

And yes, I was aware of the original b5 mod for Infinite Space, but didn't really find in there anything I wanted to use. No insult to the author of that mod, but by the time you converted it, it will be just as easy to start over with higher-res graphics right from the series, and I think I have better material to work from now than (s)he did. Also, i have much bigger plans this time around!
Old June 21st, 2006, 06:28 PM

Corporal

chabex is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help Needed - New Babylon 5 Mod

I have sent an e-mail- but again if I could help (without any hard knowledge about making mods) I would.
B5 deserves it!
Old June 23rd, 2006, 10:40 PM

Sergeant

Psientist is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help Needed - New Babylon 5 Mod

Just to entice more people to participate - here are a couple early screen shots from the simulator, showing some whitestars duking it out against some shadow battle-crabs and shadow fighters...

I can really use some people who are good with photoshop, and / or modding. For example, if somebody could help me figure out how to make a series of random hypergates...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 431132-screen1.jpg (78.0 KB, 226 views)