.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old October 23rd, 2006, 04:32 AM

Private

Capt_Jack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bug thread

I seem to have a bug showing up on my Mac.(OSx 10.4.8 on a PPC Mini)
After I leave the game, the minimize (orange)button on all windows will be grayed out and disabled.
This happens if I play in full screen mode or window mode. It clears up if I restart.
Does everyone else with 10.4.8 see this problem or am I looking for a bug somewhere else in my system?

Capt. Jack
Old October 23rd, 2006, 05:30 AM

Private

kimmitt is on a distinguished road

As suggested in a different thread,

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img] Decreasing graphics quality significant improves turn processing time

Presumably the two should be unrelated.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 08:41 AM

Colonel

PDF is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Foodstamp said:
While we are on the subject of Oceania...

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/icon04.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/icon04.gif[/img] Capricorns get trapped if they sneak from water to an enemy province. The land version of the unit does not have stealth. [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/icon04.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/icon04.gif[/img]
Well, it does make sense that an unit expert in sea-sneaking is not necessarily so on land... I think the problem is how the game behave, because in this case it should not let you sneak the Capricorns out of water.
But as the game only uses the current form to determine if the unit can sneak or not it's not that simple
Old October 23rd, 2006, 01:13 PM

Corporal

Tortanick is on a distinguished road

If a mounted unit is a prophet and gets killed the mount becomes a prophet. Saw that happen with one of the giant black spider riders in the arena. In a later arena battle the spyder was casting smite.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 01:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

JaydedOne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Tortanick said:
If a mounted unit is a prophet and gets killed the mount becomes a prophet. Saw that happen with one of the giant black spider riders in the arena. In a later arena battle the spyder was casting smite.
Hey, that's no bug. That's just awesome. ;-)

Seriously though, I buy that the spider was gifted with additional intelligence by virtue of its bond with the god.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 01:38 PM

Private

MarcinM is on a distinguished road

I searched for "blood slaves" and this thread didn't come up as a result, so ...

Blood slaves on fire! Blood slaves slaved to Abysian units burn just like anyone else - but you don't get to reposition them away from your fiery mage.

Admittedly they're just there for a brief time , but you'd think Abysian blood slaves would wear asbestos shrouds until their PROPER time to die.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 02:22 PM

Major General

Arralen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
JaydedOne said:
Quote:
Tortanick said:
Hey, that's no bug. That's just awesome. ;-)
Seriously though, I buy that the spider was gifted with additional intelligence by virtue of its bond with the god.
This ain't a bug, that ain't a special gods gift:

If a Machakan spider rider dies, you'll get a big spider unit instead. If it was a commander, the spider will be a commander, too. That happens regardless of prophet status, and its either in the nations description or the units'. Btw., it has been this since Dom2.
(The spider is actually the 2nd form of the unit. Some units switch to 2nd form when they die. Most switch back .. Werewolfs, Jaguar Warriors, Dragons, some do not because the 2nd form is in fact the mount only)

This does not work with mounted units in general, though.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 02:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

JaydedOne is on a distinguished road

Right. However, my understanding was that for Machaka, the spider continues on after the rider was killed, that it's not a transformation in the manner that the other death/wound transforms were.

That said, I was potentially mis-reading what the author meant. I'm familiar with Machaka's theme and thought maybe he felt it was thematically "buggy" to have a giant spider mount running around as a "prophet". It's correct that mechanically I've seen no bug wherein normal mounts become prophets when their riders die.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 03:00 PM

Major General

Taqwus is on a distinguished road

Ah... so the blood slaves haven't been changed. I was wondering about that, but I rarely bring them onto the battlefield...

Suggestions:
* A national trait that overrides the choice of unit for the 'blood slave'. Ex. Abysia, Niefelheim, Man might all have different blood slaves.

* If the trait isn't specified, use the normal blood slave, but add an elemental resistance based on the nation's preferred temperature scale ex. +3 heat pref. => 100% resistance to fire, maybe the same for +2.

~~~

As for the spiders... if an absolutely gigantic spider walked up to you, and started talking coherently, wouldn't you pay very close attention?

And of course it's not a bug. Spiders are arachnids, not insects. Bugs are Hemipterans.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 10:35 PM
Major General

Foodstamp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
PDF said:
Quote:
Foodstamp said:
While we are on the subject of Oceania...

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/icon04.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/icon04.gif[/img] Capricorns get trapped if they sneak from water to an enemy province. The land version of the unit does not have stealth. [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/icon04.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/icon04.gif[/img]
Well, it does make sense that an unit expert in sea-sneaking is not necessarily so on land... I think the problem is how the game behave, because in this case it should not let you sneak the Capricorns out of water.
But as the game only uses the current form to determine if the unit can sneak or not it's not that simple
Try this out for yourself. The nature of what I am speaking of is very buggish. I don't care if the guy is supposed to be able to sneak once he becomes a land unit. If a capricorn is in a province hidden from the prior sneak movement, atm he is TRAPPED In that province if it is an enemy province or is later taken by an enemy.

Trapped in this context does not mean "I don't want to move him because he will get attacked". It means you CANNOT physically move the unit. The unit basically becomes useless.

Whether they want to give the unit's land version stealth, much in the same manner that the siren has sea/land stealth, or make it where the unit does not have stealth on land, but CAN move, that is up to illwinter

I am guessing the Capricorn is supposed to have land stealth as well, the reason why is because if it is not supposed to have land stealth, then Oceania has stealth units that are amphibious but NO commanders that can stealth ambhibiously. (Siren has 0 leadership).