.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old February 17th, 2012, 04:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

legowarrior is on a distinguished road
Default T'ien C'hi

Any advice for a MA T'ien C'hi Pretender using CBM 1.92?
Old February 17th, 2012, 07:19 PM

Sergeant

Kobal2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: T'ien C'hi

Seems to me what you want from your pretender, in order of importance:

- Order 3/Magic 3/token Growth
- high dominion
- Strong combat capabilities to fend of rushes, TC rules the endgame but is weak early on
- Death access
- A bless for your cap cav and/or your sacred mages and/or your sacred summons

You can afford to take misfortune, because of your free PD which also happens to all pack bows. Barbarian attacks are not a concern. You can probably also afford 1 point of sloth since you're going to have lots of castles (no more, else you'll have trouble expanding). Because you're going to rely on communions later on, I don't think moderate cold or heat scales are too problematic either.

I'd look into a Lich (the combat one, not the Master Lich) or Ghost King, or perhaps a Titan with 3-5 death (maybe a Deva or LoP ?), sleeping.

Baalz' guide suggests taking Prod 3 and someone to spam Lamia Queens with for both Death and Blood access mid-late game, which is an interesting thought.
Old February 17th, 2012, 07:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

legowarrior is on a distinguished road

Yeah, that was what I read too, but that was using CBM 1.6
Old February 17th, 2012, 07:56 PM

Sergeant

Kobal2 is on a distinguished road

Not much has changed significantly since besides hammer removal (leaves you with perhaps fewer crystal matrices, but more Earth income instead), EDM summons and the recent edits to scales. In fact, I'd say CBM has shifted more and more towards scales builds and communions since Baalz wrote his guide, so...

Of the EDM summons, you can get to Grendelkins relatively easily (E2W1 Imperial Alchemist with both W boosters and Earth boots) and they're up one of your main paths. You can also get to Cyclopses and Mechanical Giants (E2 wizard with boots, summon Troll king, give him the boots, make earth ring, good to go). A bit of luck (or an easy empowerment) might net you an N2 Celestial Master, which would open Moonvine Bracelets. A Naiad with that and a mace gets you Treants. If you get your feet wet, no trouble spamming Krakens either.

Taking A4 on your god might be an idea, both for boosters and Asynjas/Shishis, but it's also quite expensive. Not sure the trade-off is really worth it. I'd say you're better off using your A income on flying boots for your Celestial Masters and Imperial Alchemists and/or cloud trapezing the A2 ones around ; as well as battlefield air magic (Arrow Fend, Fog Warriors, Mass Flight, Mists of Deception, Wind Guide)